• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

I always assumed that Killua changed when Illumi put that needle infused with his nen in his brain to manipulate his behavior and make him more cautious so that he doesn't get himself killed. I think it was heavily implied that Illumi planted that needle during the final phase of the hunter exam and that's why Killua murdered that old guy and got himself disqualified, because Illumi was manipulating him.

Yeah but he was still cautious when fighting Shoot and he was the one obsessing over the unknown person in the Palace in the last couple of episodes, and both of those came after he removed the needle.

Nibel

Something we need to talk a lot more about is the music of this anime - probably one of the best soundtracks out there for me

I really hope they'll reuse this song for a future fight, so gooooood

belushy

Banned
Something we need to talk a lot more about is the music of this anime - probably one of the best soundtracks out there for me

I really hope they'll reuse this song for a future fight, so gooooood

I think that is one thing I don't really like about HxH. I'm mainly talking about the ending and opening themes though. That track you listed is pretty good. I remember the opening theme when I watched the first episode actually almost completely turned me off from watching, but then I just skipped it and went right to the episode. It is kind of growing on me now, though. Also I'm glad I kept watching ;P

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
My favorite is Mystic Land which was linked on this page. Every time that song plays, you know something is either: about to happen, going to get explained, or it's going to transition into some serious shit.

Love it. <3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Counted 25 votes for HxH including mine, dunno how that compares to others so far especially with the point system but I would say that's pretty good.

neoanarch

This might sound like hyperbole but its not. Episode 111 viewings might be the greatest episode of anime I have ever seen. I say this after 4 viewings and its better every time.

Nasser

The anime is getting really good! I have read the manga but the way the anime handles the story and fights is way better! (coming from a guy who usually prefers manga over anime).

I feel so out of place in that thread because idk 90% of the anime they are talking about

I know most of them but Hunter X Hunter still comes as a favorite for me. This is probably the only long running shonen that I would recommend to anybody that enjoys a good anime.

Yado

This might sound like hyperbole but its not. Episode 111 viewings might be the greatest episode of anime I have ever seen. I say this after 4 viewings and its better every time.

Yep. Watched it twice and I never rewatch things. Also made my friend watch it even though he has no idea what's going on.

K1LLER7

I hope we get to see Chrollo again. Think we've only seen him fight once, that was when he was fighting 2 v 1 against the Zoldeyks. Considering the old man (Zeno?) thought Chrollo would be able to kill him 1 v 1 if he decided to attack, shows he must be incredibly strong too.

LogicStep

I hope we get to see Chrollo again. Think we've only seen him fight once, that was when he was fighting 2 v 1 against the Zoldeyks. Considering the old man (Zeno?) thought Chrollo would be able to kill him 1 v 1 if he decided to attack, shows he must be incredibly strong too.
I'm sure he's top tier, up there with Zeno and Silva. I wonder who the top 5 nen users are. So far I'd say it's Netero and Ging, the other 3, no clue.

Kyuur

I'm sure he's top tier, up there with Zeno and Silva. I wonder who the top 5 nen users are. So far I'd say it's Netero and Ging, the other 3, no clue.

I don't think it's fair to "rank" Nen users. What makes Chrollo dangerous is that his ability is incredibly versatile (even more so than Morau's), and he is incredibly intelligent and skilled. It is possible that a pure Enhancer/Emission user could squash him like a bug if they got the upper hand.

There are too many situational counters in HxH to really rank people (see: Zoldyck family immunity to poison).

LogicStep

I don't think it's fair to "rank" Nen users. What makes Chrollo dangerous is that his ability is incredibly versatile (even more so than Morau's), and he is incredibly intelligent and skilled. It is possible that a pure Enhancer/Emission user could squash him like a bug if they got the upper hand.

There are too many situational counters in HxH to really rank people (see: Zoldyck family immunity to poison).
You gotta take those things into consideration when ranking them. Besides, making lists and ranks is fun. :D

K1LLER7

The King? Though we haven't seen much of him so far. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

True. Thats what makes this Anime so good :D

We haven't really seen much of Chrollo's power or what he can do with the book, other than that cape/cloth he uses.

Jigolo

Hisoka too.
Relative to the royal guards you mean? If that's the case then maybe. But if Hisoka vs Pitou were to ever happen I would have my money on Hisoka. Having never seen Hisoka go 100% + his experience I just don't think it would be a complete blowout the way many people do.

Hell, one armed Kite did damage. No one knows how these fights will turn out. What if Kite had both arms? What if he wasn't at 100%? Same goes for pitou though. What if he'd already had a nen technique before fighting Kite? Would Kite have done no damage at all?

Aw man I love hypothetical fights and ranks. Let's the imagination run wild.

dan2026

Togashi himself printed official nen power level rankings for a lot of the characters.

I could post a transcript if anyone wants.

Togashi himself printed official nen power level rankings for a lot of the characters.

I could post a transcript if anyone wants.

Take that with a grain of salt. Does anyone really think Zeppairu can beat Zushi?

Like mentioned back then, nen battles are about what nen can do, not the strength. Owl can probably beat many people stronger than him if he can the jump on them.

Nibel

I think Hisoka is a good fighter, but the way he operates is much, much more impressive than his fighting skills to me. Pretty intelligent dude who seems to be prepared for any situation

Popnbake

I think Hisoka is a good fighter, but the way he operates is much, much more impressive than his fighting skills to me. Pretty intelligent dude who seems to be prepared for any situation

I want to see at least some backstory on how Hisoka became to be so proficient in HxH.

The only thing I know is that he liked chewing gum as a kid. :/

Personally I am rather curious on just how strong Silva is, since he's the current head of the Zoldydeck family I would like to think he's above Zeno but we can't be too sure.

Also am I the only one who find it funny that all of the heads of the Zoldydedck family so far had white hair and they have now selected Killua to be successor and he also has white hair.

upandaway

Well yeah, that's the whole point of Hisoka, with the magician motif and all. He does seemingly inexplicable things that are then explained using relatively simple abilities. If we didn't get the explanations to his actions, he'd seem downright broken, but when we know about them, they're just simple tricks. That's what makes him so good.

That's also why we usually get the explanations after he's finished, not during, to highlight that aspect of it.

Popnbake

Personally I am rather curious on just how strong Silva is, since he's the current head of the Zoldydeck family I would like to think he's above Zeno but we can't be too sure.

I'm sure he is stronger overall.

Also am I the only one who find it funny that all of the heads of the Zoldydedck family so far had white hair and they have now selected Killua to be successor and he also has white hair.

I think there's something more to that family.
Zeno in all the time he has been alive only fathered one child to be his successor and has no mentioned brothers or sisters?

Silva has four children so far with one successor in mind.

I'm guessing that something will occur so Killua is the only one left in the household from his siblings when he takes over the family.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well yeah, that's the whole point of Hisoka, with the magician motif and all. He does seemingly inexplicable things that are then explained using relatively simple abilities. If we didn't get the explanations to his actions, he'd seem downright broken, but when we know about them, they're just simple tricks. That's what makes him so good.

That's also why we usually get the explanations after he's finished, not during, to highlight that aspect of it.

In almost all possible situations, it works better when the ability is explained afterwards. Episodes where abilities are explained during, or even before, tend to be pretty boring. There's no sense of wonder; and sometimes you get the most boring exposition dumps (like the fuck-awful episode with Killua and the dart-Nen users). The best episodes are the ones where you know basically nothing about the other Nen-user; leaves them so mysterious and heightens the suspense. Which incidentally is why Hisoka and Chrollo were so damn good, because they kept you guessing so long.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OMG YES! Every time this song would play in the anime I would start bobbing my head lol

However, Reason is the one that always gives me goosebumps when the song plays at the end of each episode.

Love all of the HxH OSTs, very JRPG like.

EDIT: Ending 5 sounds amazing too!

I like them all, but if I had to rank them, I'd go:

1. Just Awake
2. Hunting for Your Dream
3. Hyori Itai
4. Reason
5. Nagareboshi Kirari

That rocking guitar intro in Hunting for Your Dream, soooooooooo hype.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
For whatever reason I was watching clips of the old series and man.. I miss that classic style of animation so much.

zero_suit

I seem to remember that when Chrollo fought the Zoldycks, Zeno commented that if Chrollo wanted to kill them both, he could have easily, but he was more interested in obtaining their abilities.

No. When Chrollo asked Zeno who would win if they fought one on one, Zeno said he would.

I'm started watching the 1999 series now as well now between new episodes (never watched them before). The sound effects and inferior to 2011 music is getting to me, haha. I'm still in the early exam stuff, but so far I think 2011 is better. Ima keep going though.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I'm started watching the 1999 series now as well now between new episodes (never watched them before). The sound effects and inferior to 2011 music is getting to me, haha. I'm still in the early exam stuff, but so far I think 2011 is better. Ima keep going though.

It's not. Fact.

Top Bottom