• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

I seem to remember that when Chrollo fought the Zoldycks, Zeno commented that if Chrollo wanted to kill them both, he could have easily, but he was more interested in obtaining their abilities.

Pretty sure he didn't say that, he alluded to Chrollo standing a chance of killing him but not easily.

I was wrong; it was not both. But Zoldyck would most likely win if Chrollo just wanted to steal powers. If he actually wanted to kill him, Chrollo would most likely win. That's what I got from the exchange.

tumblr_mz9rfw9CoX1qhhv13o1_500.png

K1LLER7

There is a small flashback in that scene between Chrollo and the Zoldyck's where it's mentioned Chrollo fought with Silva before. I wonder if they will go into that encounter in more detail at a later point.

There is a small flashback in that scene between Chrollo and the Zoldyck's where it's mentioned Chrollo fought with Silva before. I wonder if they will go into that encounter in more detail at a later point.

yeah Silva even mentioned that physically Chrollo had gotten stronger since their last encounter.

Yonafunu

I doubt it. I think Togashi said all he wanted with that one scene; that Chrollo and Silva have fought before, and that Chrollo has become stronger since then, probably indicating that he's still growing. The details are irrelevant.

Don't they reference that they killed one of the Phantom troupe but it was really hard? Is that touched on more in the manga or just a side point line?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
None of the shit you guys talk about in this thread will ever be touched on lol.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I reject your stance. Don't be crazy.
I don't think he's crazy. I agree with him on some parts. The older animation had a certain style to it that made it stand out. The backgrounds on the York Shin arc in particular stood out to me the most. They were beautiful and fit the darker tone of that arc compared to the new version. I liked the added filler to expand on the other hunters as well, since it gave us a glimpse of who they are. And the music was fantastic too. I love the soundtrack of the newer one, but to call it inferior is crazy. There's some awesome tracks in the original version.

And nothing will ever top the song for the second opening for the York Shin arc in the original. Song is so fucking badass.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I don't think he's crazy. I agree with him on some parts. The older animation had a certain style to it that made it stand out. The backgrounds on the York Shin arc in particular stood out to me the most. They were beautiful and fit the darker tone of that arc compared to the new version. I liked the added filler to expand on the other hunters as well, since it gave us a glimpse of who they are. And the music was fantastic too. I love the soundtrack of the newer one, but to call it inferior is crazy. There's some awesome tracks in the original version.

And nothing will ever top the song for the second opening for the York Shin arc in the original. Song is so fucking badass.

I'm so glad that you wrote this as it really is Yorkshin that stands out in that series. It's really remarkable. The original GI ovas are also kinda funky.

I disagree on the music. I did say it was inferior, that doesn't mean I think it sucks though. I just think 2011 is better.

That other stuff is personal preference of course. Like I said though, I'm only at the beginning. I will truck through it the coming months.

I'm was being cheeky with the crazy part btw, cause he is an expert and all of that ;)

All this stuff is personal takes on things.

zero_suit

Hisoka's VA is definitely better in the original.

Soriku

I'm not trolling. I just found it really idiotic that he would waste his time on an arbitrary number.

He's able to punch faster than the speed of sound. It wasn't pointless,

Also the Netero episode was one of the best ones of the arc. It was a "slow" episode yet I didn't think it was slow at all.

vareon

You are bro. Let's hear the awesomeness of it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEg9wvr93vA

To me, original is still the best until the end of York Shin. After that, 2011 easily wins.

upandaway

If we're comparing the original anime to 2011, the scene that stands out the most to me is still Gon's fight with the topspin guy in the arena (in favor of the original anime). I can't find any youtube excerpts of the original anime, but it's a lot better. 2011 has so many still frames, it's like they took the manga literally, when the original is animated all the way.

From around where Uvo wails on the mafia, though, 2011 really started rocking it out and it never stopped up until now. It's as good as a HxH anime can be (though I consider the original to be the same way).

dan2026

From around where Uvo wails on the mafia, though, 2011 really started rocking it out and it never stopped up until now. It's as good as a HxH anime can be (though I consider the original to be the same way).

Uvogin vs the Mafia(and their nen users) is one of the goriest things I've seen on a prime-time shonen anime adaption.

I believe it was one of the major factors in getting it moved to the late night slot.

I skipped to the yorknew arc on the 1999 series and watched it all. It was pretty good. I still really enjoy 2011 more though. I really like the current art style better and the pacing. I prefer the current Hisoka voice actor as well. It's more alluring or something, haha. I also like Killua better in the 2011. Maybe it's how he is drawn or whatever, but to me, he is more sinister and dark or on edge more in the 2011 version.

I am re-watching the ant arc right now. Watching in straight shots is very different than waiting a week in between each episode. The pacing is fast. Can't wait for tuesday!

Riposte

I haven't heard Hisoka's new voice yet. I'm almost afraid to because I don't want it replacing the old one while I read the manga. Too perfect.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You are bro. Let's hear the awesomeness of it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEg9wvr93vA

To me, original is still the best until the end of York Shin. After that, 2011 easily wins.

This song has been posted like 50 times in this thread but I just find it boring and meandering. Doesn't suit the arc at all.

Hunting for Your Dream better encapsulates that arc.

belushy

Banned
I've been wanting to watch the 1999 anime. Is the only way to watch it to buy DVDs of it? (At least the only way that isn't by... questionable means.)

Raxus

I think it goes without saying everyone has to skip the previews from here on out for risk of hitting major spoilers.

Jigolo

WAT.

Holy shit that was a harsh episode. That ending is making me fear for the hunters, especially Netero.

My God

TheChits

The music in this show is too damn good. The hunters seem to be in waaaaay over their heads and the King is such an awesome character. This show man
p0QHO.gif

The first half felt pretty slow, but I guess that's understandable. Second half was better. The King was definitely pretty frightening.

But man...the narration. You guys weren't kidding. I've never seen the manga, but I can only imagine narration boxes, narration boxes and more narration boxes. I wish the narrator would reign it in a little and let the characters speak for themselves. This is quite an odd feeling.

zero_suit

The first half felt pretty slow, but I guess that's understandable. Second half was better. The King was definitely pretty frightening.

But man...the narration. You guys weren't kidding. I've never seen the manga, but I can only imagine narration boxes, narration boxes and more narration boxes. I wish the narrator would reign it in a little and let the characters speak for themselves. This is quite an odd feeling.

Yeah, some chapters took forever to read lol.

kirblar

Don't worry, we definitely leave bullet time at some point soon.

Hyun Sai

Don't they reference that they killed one of the Phantom troupe but it was really hard? Is that touched on more in the manga or just a side point line?
It's Killua that says that to Gon. It's not "they" though, as Silva did it alone. He told his family afterwards to not go after the Brigade.

Vecks

Will every episode be like a minute or two in real time? Not knocking it though, this episode delivered everything I wanted. I love how all the guards are overpowered.

Top Bottom