• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

upandaway

So intense. The King was scary as hell and Pitou's behavior during the whole thing was amazing. The Youpi side is also crazy right now.

HxH has some of the best battle narrators in shonen, Killua especially, but author narration is fine for bullet time. You should at least agree that it won't work if Pitou and Youpi narrate themselves, and that's where the bulk of the author narration is.

FluxWaveZ

Went back to watch the preview after watching episode 112 and, yeah, I wouldn't have been too happy had I known that was going to happen.

And so much for the plan.

Trevelyon

Oh God!!!! This arc, THIS BLOODY ARC. Truly fuck anyone who was hurr durr'ing the lame 'island of Dr. Moreau malarkey arc with that shitty cell rip off villain whateves' people, when the manga was still ongoing. Now you see, now you see.

Slow Motion x Slow Motion

Hardly anything happened during the first half with every action being shown in such slow motion and the same reused scenes. Second half was better but I really hope the coming episodes are more fast paced.

Daingurse

Although I enjoyed this episode, I seriously think they should consider taking 'show, don't tell' a bit closer to heart.

Pretty much how I feel as well. I definitely enjoyed the episode, but I wanted to see a fight, can't even front. Don't usually mind set-up and exposition much, but the slowmo with the narrator has actually been pissing me off a bit lately, and I usually love the HxH narration. Probably because I'm a bit antsy, and just want to see a fight already, lol.

I think I'll be getting what I want soon enough though.

soon_meme_collection_640_05.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
the hype, I cant, I want them to do next episode is put everything in real time with everyone moving at the speed of sound and all that took like 30 seconds.

fertygo

Holy shit the 2nd half.. when King
"I rely to you"
to Pitou is too damn incredible to describe with word, its so overwhelming.. this show man..

Trevelyon

Holy shit the 2nd half.. when King
"I rely to you"
to Pitou is too damn incredible to describe with word, its so overwhelming.. this show man..

Definitely my favorite moment of the episode, and I didn't even have a fondness or even a recount of that moment in the manga. The
sheer ecstasy of servitude, the one request reduced him/her to tears, instantly. While for the overly dramatic Pouf, it would have been a goof scene, for Pitou, man, you just feel the weight of those words.

fertygo

Definitely my favorite moment of the episode, and I didn't even have a fondness or even a recount of that moment in the manga. The
sheer ecstasy of servitude, the one request reduced him/her to tears, instantly. While for the overly dramatic Pouf, it would have been a goof scene, for Pitou, man, you just feel the weight of those words.

Yeah, its so damn heavy all of sudden with the OST kicking in and all..

So much for Netero's plan, he just make the King pissed off.

RoyalFool

Banned
Another painfully slow episode that just dragged out what was already in the preview last week. Think I'll give the show a break and watch the rest of this arc together - it's annoying waiting for a proper fight to happen then have the narrator cock blocking it, will they even have a fight now or will it just be super slow motion until it's resolved I wonder

Trevelyon

Boy! was I once like a lot people here. Why isn't some break neck colossal battle breaking out right now!?! 3 seconds have past over the last 4 chapters, what the Feitan?

Then, I let it sit for a while (probably a long break no doubt) and soaked it for a bit, or... a good while and gained a huge appreciation for what Togahsi was doing here. Just like the immense hostility towards this arc before a lot people really sunk there teeth into it or actually saw the anime, I expect people turn around this too.

Eh, when I read this part in the manga, I didn't mind it because it's all just made up of still images and it takes about 5 minutes to knock a chapter out anyway. But animated the way it is, this segment is just goofy as hell and not working at all. The narration is definitely a bit too indulgent in animated form, and it's wrecking the pacing at this point. Luckily, if I recall correctly, the story moves into "real time" soon.

fertygo

I really love it personally, there's nothing like this in anime.

And "thing" does move forward and happened, like this episode "twist".. Netero and King met.. and action animation cut in 2nd half is your standard portion for big fight.. so I don't think its dragging.

I can see why people got annoyed though.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Is there a reason Natero didn't employ Silva as well, or am I getting to ahead of myself.

You're getting ahead of yourself. I'm sure people who don't know what's going on are watching these eps like wtfffffff.

upandaway

Boy! was I once like a lot people here. Why isn't some break neck colossal battle breaking out right now!?! 3 seconds have past over the last 4 chapters, what the Feitan?

Then, I let it sit for a while (probably a long break no doubt) and soaked it for a bit, or... a good while and gained a huge appreciation for what Togahsi was doing here. Just like the immense hostility towards this arc before a lot people really sunk there teeth into it or actually saw the anime, I expect people turn around this too.
Yeah, knowing what's gonna happen, I'm feeling no rush at all and I'm really enjoying it.

Moongazer

I haven't read the manga, but I'm not really understanding the complaints that the anime is moving too slowly or being tedious. It's the complete opposite for me, these past two episodes have kept me on the edge of my seat as a non-reader.

Too much narration ruined any impact any of the scenes could have had especially the stair scene. I could easily imagine that much of this would have been more pressing and tense if we had them just acting and speaking their thoughts and internal dialogue instead of narrator telling us what each character realized, etc.

Oh well, best moment
was at least killuas realization and rushing forward, and then the respect for life at the end, that was probably the most memorable moment in terms of antagonist and protagonist relations in recent shonen action series, something that ought to be commended

Yonafunu

I told you guys to get used to the narrator, didn't I?

That said, the pacing will soon go back to real-time, so don't worry about that. The slowdown is more prevalent in the opening stages of the infiltration because so much is happening at once, in such a short time.
The same goes for the narration, albeit to a slightly lesser extent.

Kieli

To be fair, the narration bothered me in the original manga as well. Having to wait on a weekly basis made the slow chapters slightly intolerable.

However, after all the chapters have been released, I really appreciate what Togashi was trying to do.

To those who aren't enjoying the pace right now, I say wait out a few weeks and watch the episodes in one go.

Popnbake

Is there a reason Natero didn't employ Silva as well, or am I getting to ahead of myself.

I think Kite who brought along Gon and Killua thinking that they could help against the ants and Knov mocking them for the view on Pitou's strength is a good indication for what is going on.

Going by Netero and Zeno's reactions to the King and Pitou, the hunter team here severely underestimated their enemies again.

The narration is awesome. Don't get the complaints.

Yes, I think it will be more accepted as the story continues.

Especially to explain what is happening in the upcoming fights.

Daingurse

If I wasn't watching the show week after week, as it airs, I wouldn't mind one iota, but since I am this pacing is frustrating. I'm left wanting, because I've been waiting for this confrontation to begin for months now, and since I eagerly await each episode of this series, I don't know, I guess I'm impatient. I thought Youpi was going to go wild atleast, but time is basically not moving right now. Meh, is what it is, definitely how I honestly feel. Guess I've just had enough build-up, but it'll be for the best in the end despite my frustration, just need to be patient.

I don't remember a lot of what I read of the Chimera Ant Arc, but now I wish I remembered how this went down, then I wouldn't have been surprised by the pacing atleast. Literally the only time I wished I remembered, because I have loved how fresh this arc felt to me, despite me reading such a large portion of it.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Narrator > characters' self-narration while the combatants circle each other or power up. That said, the pacing is a bit glacial right now. I don't mind if this happens every so often, but if this goes on for another 4 episodes, I might have to take a break and watch it all at once.

I like the narration as well. Everything is very tense. I liked this episode as well. I love the pacing. It's building up so good man. Plus that sweet music! I really liked how Youpi looked as well. Creepy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Good Lord that was intense. That black and white part was masterfully done.

Might be my favorite scene of the entire show. If not it's up there.

The Shoot part was pretty lame and fillery. Wish we had gotten more than 3 seconds of the actual fight on the staircase but the stuff from Pitou-on was masterful. I don't mind the slow motion or narration but the constant trips to a character's inner monologues are a bit tiring.

Oh cool, Shoot's a wimp and he respects Gon now. Great. Can we get back to the interesting stuff?

I loved the animation on Pouf flying and punching rocks, that was great.

Also:

It'd be cool if someone accidentally killed Komugi and that sent the King of the deep end.

7R8JflJ.gif

Meh she might not technically be dead yet I guess...

I knew it was gonna happen though, she had to be put out of the situation somehow with all the shit going down. Togashi, you so predictive.

LogicStep

oh it was indeed glorious

loving how the story book narrative gives the recent episodes a lot of suspense

Edit: Why are old man in Shonen so bad ass

Oh my god it was glorious!

Went back to watch the preview after watching episode 112 and, yeah, I wouldn't have been too happy had I known that was going to happen.

And so much for the plan.

Yeah I just checked and that would have sucked.

Imagine how those of use that have liked it all along must feel right about now! :D

I love it too, I haven't seen something like this before.

upandaway

It's nothing new at this point, it was like this from when he first appeared, but really every line of the King is gold. Every time he opens his mouth you know it'll be fierce.

Yonafunu

The Shoot part was pretty lame and fillery. Wish we had gotten more than 3 seconds of the actual fight on the staircase but the stuff from Pitou-on was masterful. I don't mind the slow motion or narration but the constant trips to a character's inner monologues are a bit tiring.

Oh cool, Shoot's a wimp and he respects Gon now. Great. Can we get back to the interesting stuff?

It was pretty important character development for Shoot though.

LogicStep

It's just amazing how overpowered these monsters are.
Pitou activated his ability and these veterans, that we have been built up to think are gods, shit their pants.
Holy shit.

Really liked the scene with
Shoot admiring Gon
, that was really great. And then how
Knuckle realized his ability is going to be hard to use here since the Royal Guard have such an insane amount of aura. It's going to take a long ass time that they have to hold against that monster.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think netero is stronger then pitou, I just think pitou just has a nen that is just pure evil or something that even they feel.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It's nothing new at this point, it was like this from when he first appeared, but really every line of the King is gold. Every time he opens his mouth you know it'll be fierce.
I agree with this. I'm always intrigued when the king is talking; you know it means something. He speaks like he's the most powerful being alive and he is. It's crazy how they nailed it.

Arken2121

I agree with this. I'm always intrigued when the king is talking; you know it means something. He speaks like he's the most powerful being alive and he is. It's crazy how they nailed it.

Couldn't agree more. With where we are in the series, one could say the king is indeed the strongest that we have seen. I haven't read the manga but I believe that if you were to bring Ging into the mix, he'd probably tear shit up without much effort.

Technically,
he isn't. I don't know if you're current on the manga.

I am current and I still don't think we have seen anyone stronger than the king

I am glad you guys are seeing more and more why the King is my favourite shounen villain I have no idea how they managed to nail his voice so perfectly.

Top Bottom