• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Moaradin

Oh my that episode was insane. The narration is brilliant. It builds up the tension so well. Most of the episode may take place within 10 seconds or whatever, but it's packed with so much awesome shit.

And the animation towards the second half was great.

Blades64

Banned
Amazing episode! Loving the narration, and I understand that it's necessary for this moment.

The scene with Shoot praising Gon was really cool to me, and the second half was masterfully done with Pitou, The King, Netero and Zeno. Amazing.

And I didn't watch the preview for next week's episode! Going in blind after this! :)

Soriku

Great episode. The part when
Pitou cried
as well as the rest of that scene was incredible. I liked the narration as well, shame some people are getting detracted by it :/

Popnbake

I think netero is stronger then pitou, I just think pitou just has a nen that is just pure evil or something that even they feel.

I think Pitou is at his fighting level or stronger.

- Colt stated that Netero wouldn't even get past the royal guards.
- Netero wonders if Pitou is stronger then him.
- Netero and Zeno put up their guards just by seeing Pitou activate his nen.
- Pitou made it back in time to the King after being struck by Netero so the plan failed in separating the group.

Nen aura isn't just used to show fear, it's also a good measure of hyping a character's strength.

Just look at Knuckles encounter with Yupi's nen aura.

Mortemis

Banned
Oh god, that tension, dat slow-mo (whole episode was really around 5-10 seconds in real time in the show), dat black and white. I was shaking throughout the whole episode and the end got me jumping. The infiltration just started and Madhouse is delivering. I'm glad they're handling the immense narration in this show so well, it just adds to all the tension and nerve-wracking that's going on in this arc. It was slow, but it's just building up more and more. We need it to be slow anyways with a narrator to really understand what's going on, with so many things happening at once. And even with the slow mo and narrator it's probably still confusing to some. I really enjoyedhe whole scene with the King and and Komugi, madhouse handled that excellently, and the King's words were incredibly heavy. Thinking about it I'm glad Pitou got there before Pouf, Pouf would've just turned it into a comic relief with "You musn't my lord!" or some shit like that. Pitou reacting like he did, not hesitating on the orders and crying was just perfect to understanding the situation right now.

I think this episode is much more satisfying to manga readers, since they know how all this build up tension will release, for anime only readers just hold on for the ride. It may seem ridiculously slow but trust me this is for the best. Next week can't come fast enough.

Wait a sec guys, weren't Netero and Zeno reacting more to how the King went right past them than Pitou activating his nen? They've already felt Pitou's en, I don't think that bothered them. More like the King walked right in between them when they had their guard down, and really could have killed them.

Kieli

I think Pitou is at his fighting level or stronger.

In terms of raw quantity of Nen, Colt states that Netero cannot compare to the three Royal Guards.

But like Morel said, having higher Nen does not mean the battle is lost. In fact, I would argue that it is more than possible for a person to be "stronger", so to speak, despite having less Nen. Skill goes a LONG way in this world. I think it's a fair assumption to state that Netero is a master of Nen and one of the most skilled practitioners in the world. Where he lacks compared to the Ants (quantity of Nen), he makes up for in experience.

zero_suit

Wait a sec guys, weren't Netero and Zeno reacting more to how the King went right past them than Pitou activating his nen? They've already felt Pitou's en, I don't think that bothered them. More like the King walked right in between them when they had their guard down, and really could have killed them.

I was thinking the same thing.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

That makes sense actually
especialy since netero was in meditation raising his nen level assumingly

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Omg this episode was so tense. The narrator is so fucking awesome to me, because it's just like the manga chapters. Fucking amazing that we just witnessed seconds of the actual invasion and I managed to feel the intensity of it. Cannot wait for the next episode. It just keeps escalating in a good way!

Popnbake

Looks like you're right after watching the scene again.

plus he had no problem blowing pitou back a country mile with one hand with a smile on his face.

Pitou didn't have a scratch on him and was still at the King's side to confront Netero.

His attack did nothing.

foxuzamaki

Pitou didn't have a scratch on him and was still at the King's side to confront Netero.

His attack did nothing.
Those few seconds were probably everything, I dont think they planned to separate her long from the king, they were probably going for a OHKO until they were shocked by the events.

Popnbake

Those few seconds were probably everything, I dont think they planned to separate her long from the king, they were probably going for a OHKO until they were shocked by the events.

Did Netero spend a great deal of money enlisting Hanzo for this hunt?
No?...

Ain't no OHKOs happening today.

Ghost King

Neo Member

His attack did nothing.

His attack wasn't meant to harm Pitou, he just want the little ant away and sent it where it couldn't come back in time but Doctor Blythe saved Pitou.

And for those fans of the narrator, he is going to be in any scene that needs explanation that no other characters would know about backstory, abilities or reactions.

VeeP

His attack did nothing.

If it wasn't for Pitous Nen ability, Pitou would've been in another country, the narrator said it himself. The whole point of his move was so he could face and focus only on the King.

Popnbake

His attack wasn't meant to harm Pitou, he just want the little ant away and sent it where it couldn't come back in time but Doctor Blythe saved Pitou.

If it wasn't for Pitous Nen ability, Pitou would've been in another country, the narrator said it himself. The whole point of his move was so he could face and focus only on the King.

One of the main preparations of the hunter's mission for this invasion was to be sure to account for as many unexpected circumstances as possible.

Netero figured that his attack would be enough to remove Pitou from the fight and regardless of how it happened, he failed to do so.

was this ever actually said in the story are we just assumming this because that's how real ants work?

The story does mention which genders are possible for the ants.

As for Pitou:

pitou I intentionally ambiguous we dont know if its a boy or girl.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
How long has passed since the operation began?

Answer:
It's been less than five seconds

Bull, Pitou falling alone would be more than five seconds and there've been some parts in real time already (Pouf flying, King picking up Komugi's body, etc.)

Mortemis

Banned
I'm pretty sure Togashi left Pitou gender ambiguous. He tends to do that sometimes. A while back people used to debate if Kurapika was actually a girl or not.

kirblar

I'm pretty sure Togashi left Pitou gender ambiguous. He tends to do that sometimes. A while back people used to debate if Kurapika was actually a girl or not.
Pretty convinced that the intended subtext is that Kurapika's gay, simply because it's such an evil dogpile on his background. Having your clan massacred....and then being unable to pass your eyes on to a new generation? Yikes.

foxuzamaki

togashi loves to fuck with his audience when it comes to gender, Had no idea killua's sister-er brother was actually a boy until somebody pointed it out, he did this stuff in yu yu hakusho aswell.

Another painfully slow episode that just dragged out what was already in the preview last week. Think I'll give the show a break and watch the rest of this arc together - it's annoying waiting for a proper fight to happen then have the narrator cock blocking it, will they even have a fight now or will it just be super slow motion until it's resolved I wonder

But the narration and everything that happens with the characters is more valuable and interesting than the fighting.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
togashi loves to fuck with his audience when it comes to gender, Had no idea killua's sister-er brother was actually a boy until somebody pointed it out, he did this stuff in yu yu hakusho aswell.

THAT one was truly surprising to me. Pitou as male kinda made sense, and I always figured Kurapika was a dude, but Kalluto... didn't see it coming at all.

Huh, I guess it was also part of the mess ups of our local dub. :( Genkai was voiced male but turned out to be female, but they kept the old voice. Kurama's voice changed and she said she just pretended to be a girl. I forgot when she said it but I know it shocked Yusuke and Kuwabara.

foxuzamaki

THAT one was truly surprising to me. Pitou as male kinda made sense, and I always figured Kurapika was a dude, but Kalluto... didn't see it coming at all.
I was legit shook
Huh, I guess it was also part of the mess ups of our local dub. :( Genkai was voiced male but turned out to be female, but they kept the old voice. Kurama's voice changed and she said she just pretended to be a girl. I forgot when she said it but I know it shocked Yusuke and Kuwabara.

I see, I dont percieve kurama as looking like a female, a pretty boy sure, but I wouldnt think for a sec he was a girl

LogicStep

Way I see it, they hadn't felt Pitou's aura until that moment since before that they didn't get a chance to. The whole descent they were on that dragon that covered them. So they were legit shocked when Pitou activated his ability, which takes a huge amount of aura plus it being such a dark aura. In this shock they completely missed the king walking past them, which could have meant their deaths on the spot if the King were to attack at that moment.

Will we still have the narrator for the next episodes?

It's going to be pretty much a constant throughout Chimera Ant. It's Togashi's speciality to highlight the whole psychological focus with characters motives, decisions, reactions etc.

This is where things get real interesting.

Jigolo

You're right.

this really feels like the Straw Hats + Shanks (Netero) vs the 3 OG admirals + whitebeard (king) lol

Fucking wild.

Way I see it, they hadn't felt Pitou's aura until that moment since before that they didn't get a chance to. The whole descent they were on that dragon that covered them. So they were legit shocked when Pitou activated his ability, which takes a huge amount of aura plus it being such a dark aura. In this shock they completely missed the king walking past them, which could have meant their deaths on the spot if the King were to attack at that moment.

I think the whole first half of your statement is wrong. The part about when they had their guard down because of the whole Komugi incident and the king walking by them like nothing is right, which was why they were so shocked and foolish to ever put their guard down.

They definitely felt Pitou's aura and weren't intimidated. Both have actually. First was when Zeno's dragon touched Pitou's en, they both gauged each other. The second was when Pitou used Terpsichora against Netero.

OmegaX

No, that can't be it. Pitou activated Terpsichora before, which is his most powerful ability, right in front of Netero and attacked him with it but he just countered it in a fraction of a second. I think Netero and Zeno were shocked just because the King could pass right past them without them noticing.

LogicStep

Ok, then why did they go in shock only when Doctor Blythe appeared? They first were in shock and then the king walked by them which shocked them even more. That's how I saw it.

When Pitou went for the attack on Netero and Netero pushed him away, that whole thing took less than a second. I doubt they got a good feel of his aura there. If they did then it doesn't make sense why they would be scared shitless when Dr. Blythe showed up.

Fandangox

Nice didn't know there was an HxH thread here. I liked last night's episode a lot, even if it "a lot" didn't actually happened during the whole thin. They know how to keep the tension going, even If I already knew everything that was gonna happen.

upandaway

Bull, Pitou falling alone would be more than five seconds and there've been some parts in real time already (Pouf flying, King picking up Komugi's body, etc.)
Remember how when everyone in the palace noticed Pitou using En again? That was already a few seconds into Pitou falling, so the falling started before Gon and co. entered the palace. The 5 seconds he meant (if I remember right it was 3.9something seconds in the manga at the point where Youpi breaks the stairs) was from the point where they enter the palace.

K1LLER7

Great episode. Seems like the humans are in way over their heads. One week Netero looked like a badass but now even he looked shaken when he saw the King. Hope we get to see something go down next ep. Aldo, Gon is a lot more intelligent/quick thinking than it first seemed.

Maybe they were shocked because the Ants were healing a human?

neoanarch

Ok, then why did they go in shock only when Doctor Blythe appeared? They first were in shock and then the king walked by them which shocked them even more. That's how I saw it.

When Pitou went for the attack on Netero and Netero pushed him away, that whole thing took less than a second. I doubt they got a good feel of his aura there. If they did then it doesn't make sense why they would be scared shitless when Dr. Blythe showed up.

They didn't go into shock with Blythe. They let their guard down for a split second. The king managed to slip in between them in that moment.

OmegaX

Because Pitou activating Doctor Blythe, and the King walking past them happened at the same time. I'm reading the subtitles and I'm not seeing any causality between the shock and Pitou's ability. The King walked right past them when they lowered their guard but they didn't know he was just gonna walk past them. The King could very well had attacked them at that moment and they would have been defenseless. That's what terrified them.

Jigolo

Because Pitou activating Doctor Blythe, and the King walking past them happened at the same time. I'm reading the subtitles and I'm not seeing any causality between the shock and Pitou's ability. The King walked right past them when they lowered their guard but they didn't know he was just gonna walk past them. The King could very well had attacked them at that moment and they would have been defenseless. That's what terrified them.
Basically this.

Yonafunu

It wouldn't make sense for Netero and Zeno to be spooked by Pitou when they've both come in contact with his Nen twice before, first when they came down with the dragon, and later in this episode when Pitou used En to scout the palace. Not to mention the fact that Netero has already been in contact with Pitou's strongest ability, Terpsichora.

dan2026

The two old guys weren't spooked by Pitou's nen. They were spooked by the fact that one second of distraction could of led to both their heads rolling along the floor.

Top Bottom