• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Nibel

Hunter x Nibel 112

ibosjWXWkvEHGd.gif

im2dQq0Z37EvW.gif

iDT50I7IW6thM.gif

A true god-tier episode - Madhouse knows their craft. How they managed to create such a great tension during events that only take place a few seconds speaks volumes about their skill. The animations are on top as always, but the use of music and of no music is what made most this episode so enjoyable.

Also, I don't quite understand why people complain about the narrator when ironically the current discussion about Zenou's and Netero's fear proves that without him people draw false conclusions (Netero smashed Pitou dozens of meters away with a single punch of gratitude earlier; why the fuck should he be scared of Pitou's Nen?). The whole episode is about the hunters beginning to execute their plan and it wouldn't make sense for them to talk a lot since a lot of what happens is driven by their intuition and also there is just no time. That whole episode shows just a glimpse of the plan to kill the king, and it does a fantastic job.

Seeing what happened to Komugi broke my heart - the poorest girl in the world getting hurt because she was at the wrong place at the wrong time.. that killed me! That use of black and white was a stroke of genius and the lack of music gave the scene so much more weight - goosebumps man. Also, the King telling Pitou that he's counting on Pitou was a similar touching scene, good stuff.

I really can't imagine that this can be topped

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

Nothing has even happened yet lol. If this is how you're reacting to these episodes, for the sake of your health I'd hate to see how you'll react to the future eps.

Kyuur

Nothing has even happened yet lol. If this is how you're reacting to these episodes, for the sake of your health I'd hate to see how you'll react to the future eps.

I would say quite a bit happened in this episode and it was extremely well executed. Of course there will be more awesome moments but that doesn't prevent people from enjoying this. The entire second half was gold. (Manga Reader)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I would say quite a bit happened in this episode and it was extremely well executed. Of course there will be more awesome moments but that doesn't prevent people from enjoying this. The entire second half was gold. (Manga Reader)

I mean, sure, plenty is going on, but if we wanna talk DBZ terms we're definitely still in the charging up phase.

I'm an expert

We should avoid "wait till you see what happens" posts, there's not much point and it's just a slippery slope.

Trust me, it wasn't even from a hurr hurr you have no idea!!! sense.. just that three gifs and calling this ep god-tier.. I dunno man.. I dunno..

Nibel

Trust me, it wasn't even from a hurr hurr you have no idea!!! sense.. just that three gifs and calling this ep god-tier.. I dunno man.. I dunno..

Oh sorry that you are bothered by my enjoyment of this episode - I probably review episodes differently than you. Where there is nothing happening in your opinion, to me there is a bunch of shit going on and lots of nice tidbits of information to further estimate the whole situation and everybody involved with it

I did not read the manga and don't plan to, and this is currently the only show I'm watching regularly - I don't watch much anime, so maybe my standards are lower than yours but I do not care if I'm still entertained

Blades64

Banned
Hunter x Nibel 112

ibosjWXWkvEHGd.gif

im2dQq0Z37EvW.gif

iDT50I7IW6thM.gif

A true god-tier episode - Madhouse knows their craft. How they managed to create such a great tension during events that only take place a few seconds speaks volumes about their skill. The animations are on top as always, but the use of music and of no music is what made most this episode so enjoyable.

Also, I don't quite understand why people complain about the narrator when ironically the current discussion about Zenou's and Netero's fear proves that without him people draw false conclusions (Netero smashed Pitou dozens of meters away with a single punch of gratitude earlier; why the fuck should he be scared of Pitou's Nen?). The whole episode is about the hunters beginning to execute their plan and it wouldn't make sense for them to talk a lot since a lot of what happens is driven by their intuition and also there is just no time. That whole episode shows just a glimpse of the plan to kill the king, and it does a fantastic job.

Seeing what happened to Komugi broke my heart - the poorest girl in the world getting hurt because she was at the wrong place at the wrong time.. that killed me! That use of black and white was a stroke of genius and the lack of music gave the scene so much more weight - goosebumps man. Also, the King telling Pitou that he's counting on Pitou was a similar touching scene, good stuff.

Lol. I always wait to see your reaction to the new episode. While I wouldn't call it god-tier, I too think it was an excellent episode.

Yonafunu

Stop creating expectations. Some people like like the infiltration chapters the best, some like the later chapters better. Let it happen.

Jigolo

Don't take us opinion too seriously then. Problem solved.

I also thought this was an excellent episode. :shrugs:

MarkusRJR

I just realized that we are nearing the end of the manga... Only one more short arc after this one.

When this anime ends I'm going to be so disappointed. We probably won't even have Chapter 341 by then.

Yonafunu

This is all I was trying to say lol. Dunno why you guys jumpin down my throat like I called his mother a whore.

That's not what you said though. You said "lol if you liked this the next episodes will blow your mind!".
But let's drop this, it's pointless. Let's just say the infiltration has only just begun!

The place where the manga went into hiatus can actually work as an ending, so I find it more likely the anime will just stop there instead of artificially extending the run.

Yeah, I agree. Even if Togashi would start HxH again, let's say tomorrow, the anime would still have to go on hiatus. At the pace they're going now, the manga would need at least a year's worth of material, or else the anime would catch up within a few months.

Nibel

Why does it bother people what I consider god-tier and what not? It's just my opinion in that post, did I say a forbidden word or what
KuGsj.gif

I'm very happy with this anime in its current state, and that's it

Moaradin

Why does it bother people what I consider god-tier and what not? It's just my opinion in that post, did I say a forbidden word or what
KuGsj.gif

Don't worry man. I thought that episode was pretty god-tier myself. This one and last weeks.

I just realized that we are nearing the end of the manga... Only one more short arc after this one.

When this anime ends I'm going to be so disappointed. We probably won't even have Chapter 341 by then.

I don't think you realize how long this arc is, there's plenty left to animate.

KuGsj.gif

Nobody is 'bothered' by what you think; some of us believe you're overreacting though. The episode was good but you're calling it 'god tier' which implies that it's either:

A) One of the best HxH episodes of all-time

or

B) One of the best episodes of all-time across ANY animated program

Can you see why some people would think that was a silly knee-jerk reaction? It's cool that we're getting to some actual action after months of build-up but barely anything happened in this episode.

I'm not trying to bust your balls for enjoying what happened this week; just saying that it isn't as great as you're making it out to be which is a fair criticism to make.

LogicStep

Because Pitou activating Doctor Blythe, and the King walking past them happened at the same time. I'm reading the subtitles and I'm not seeing any causality between the shock and Pitou's ability. The King walked right past them when they lowered their guard but they didn't know he was just gonna walk past them. The King could very well had attacked them at that moment and they would have been defenseless. That's what terrified them.

I'll rewatch it tonight, makes sense but just how it played out and what was said makes me think otherwise. But either way, the episode was amazing. Can't wait for next week.

Kyuur

What I think some people don't understand is not everyone thinks only action episodes can be 'god-tier'. The stuff that was good about this episode was the atmosphere, dialogue and subtle actions. Doesn't have to be a great fight with amazing animation.

Basically, for some the build up is just as good as the pay off. Saying 'nothing happened' is relative to what you enjoy.

faint.

Add me to the list of users that consider this episode god-tier.

It was intense as hell, and it's funny to realize this episode only advanced about 30 seconds from the last episode.

What I think some people don't understand is not everyone thinks only action episodes can be 'god-tier'. The stuff that was good about this episode was the atmosphere, dialogue and subtle actions. Doesn't have to be a great fight with amazing animation.

Basically, for some the build up is just as good as the pay off. Saying 'nothing happened' is relative to what you enjoy.

I think Knov's episode is the best example of this. I was actually on the edge of my seat watching that, because the tone and mood were set so perfectly.

Nibel clearly brought up the tension and atmosphere being what made this episode so great in his original post, obviously 'some people' in here can read and understand that so I don't know why you're reiterating.

I said it wasn't 'god-tier' in my opinion mainly because nothing happened. I've read the manga already so the tension doesn't hit me quite like it would a first time viewer. All of my favorite episodes of HxH have a lot of action in them so does that make it weird that I don't rate this as highly as some people? Nobody is saying Nibel is wrong, the man is entitled to his own opinion. However, I don't think it's wrong to challenge that view. Different strokes, ya'know?

We need to stop being so sensitive, it's just a cartoon. Sorry Nibel if you felt like you were getting attack, that wasn't the intention.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Quitting until the arc is done and I can watch it all in one go. Right now, the pace is appallingly bad given the release schedule of episodes, but I suspect I might enjoy it more if I binge on it, so I'm out for now.

Yonafunu

Nobody is 'bothered' by what you think; some of us believe you're overreacting though. The episode was good but you're calling it 'god tier' which implies that it's either:

A) One of the best HxH episodes of all-time

or

B) One of the best episodes of all-time across ANY animated program

Can you see why some people would think that was a silly knee-jerk reaction? It's cool that we're getting to some actual action after months of build-up but barely anything happened in this episode.

I'm not trying to bust your balls for enjoying what happened this week; just saying that it isn't as great as you're making it out to be which is a fair criticism to make.

Wow. So you're basically saying "It's fine to have an opinion, but your opinion is wrong". Jesus Christ.

LudwigB

I just watched the latest episode last night and what a great episode, I can't wait to see what happens next. I hope the series doesn't end soon though.

LogicStep

I just watched the latest episode last night and what a great episode, I can't wait to see what happens next. I hope the series doesn't end soon though.

I'm really hoping that whatever remains of this arc is of decent length. I would hate to see it end too quickly after all the buildup.

Wow. So you're basically saying "It's fine to have an opinion, but your opinion is wrong". Jesus Christ.

Uh, yeah? I said he's entitled to his own opinion but that I don't agree. In what world is this not a reasonable response?

Stop being a child and trying to create unnecessary drama. Jesus Christ.

It won't end soon, this arc still has a lot left.

I'm really hoping that whatever remains of this arc is of decent length. I would hate to see it end too quickly after all the buildup.

This episode was chapter 266-half of 268. There are 340 chapters, with the current anime arc ending around 320.

So yeah

Yonafunu

Uh, yeah? I said he's entitled to his own opinion but that I don't agree. In what world is this not a reasonable response?

Stop being a child and trying to create unnecessary drama. Jesus Christ.

Look, you're initial response was perfectly fine. But the part I quoted, you're saying he is "overreacting", calling his opinion a "silly knee-jerk reaction", and saying the episode is "not as great as you made it out to be". So what if he maybe thinks it's one of the best HxH episode of all time (not saying this is the case), would that be a 'wrong' opinion? I might be reading too much into this, but the entire thing comes across a bit demeaning, over something that's just an opinion.
That's all.

Look, you're initial response was perfectly fine. But the part I quoted, you're saying he is "overreacting", calling his opinion a "silly knee-jerk reaction", and saying the episode is "not as great as you made it out to be". So what if he maybe thinks it's one of the best HxH episode of all time (not saying this is the case), would that be a 'wrong' opinion? I might be reading too much into this, but the entire thing comes across a bit demeaning, over something that's just an opinion.
That's all.

So you're basically white knighting for another poster because you're upset over my choice of words. Even after I apologized to Nibel and made it clear multiples times that I respect his opinion but just don't agree?

tumblr_mzd6tt3V2d1skou1po5_500.gif

You're seriously making this a way bigger deal than it needs to be, stop causing drama and get over the fact that some people are going to differ with others over cartoons. There's no need to be this overly sensitive and attempt to turn something minuscule into a game of semantics.

Yonafunu

So you're basically white knighting for another poster because you're upset over my choice of words. Even after I apologized to Nibel and made it clear multiples times that I respect his opinion but just don't agree?

You're seriously making this a way bigger deal than it needs to be, stop causing drama and get over the fact that some people are going to differ with others over cartoons.

Don't worry, I wasn't trying to cause anything, just something I noticed. I explained what I meant, let's just leave it at this.

As for the episode, I too wasn't as completely taken by it as Nibel was, mainly because of the slower first half. This is probably because I know what's coming, though.

Daingurse

After having some time to reflect on the episode, I did enjoy it quite a bit. It definitely increased my hype for the eventual fights, but I did feel frustration these last two episodes, because I just want to see these fucking fights lol. When the shit finally does get started, all this buildup will have been worth it, so I just need to continue being patient. Guess I'll just watch the Feitan vs Zazan and Morel vs. Leol, again, lol. Satiate my bloodlust.

Pretty much the general frustration of watching a series as it airs I guess, this series will be biblical when all is said and done.

The argument on this page is one of the silliest thing I have seen on the internet in a while lol

Also to pitch in as I have said before personally I love the Narrator and the fact that his existence prevents the characters from stupidly talking out their abilities for the audience's benefit, I wish more shounen adapts this method actually.

Top Bottom