• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Peco

The argument on this page is one of the silliest thing I have seen on the internet in a while lol

Also to pitch in as I have said before personally I love the Narrator and the fact that his existence prevents the characters from stupidly talking out their abilities for the audience's benefit, I wish more shounen adapts this method actually.

Yeah, the Narrator is great and I could listen to him talk for hours.

Blades64

Banned
Why does it bother people what I consider god-tier and what not? It's just my opinion in that post, did I say a forbidden word or what
KuGsj.gif

I'm very happy with this anime in its current state, and that's it

Everyone has their own opinion on what's god-tier. Don't let any anyone discourage you of that.

LogicStep

Ahh shit I just rewatched it, you guys were right. They let their guard down because everything seemed much normal than they thought it would be and that's when they could have gotten fucked. I see now, that's awesome too! :D

Mortemis

Banned
I see no problem with calling it "god-tier". From the atmosphere to the dialogue and animation this episode was one of the best directed that I've seen, I mean I'm not an animation critic but it was incredibly good to me. Oh, and saying that it gets better from here is pretty subjective, imo it does stay good but the infiltration was one of my favorite moments in the whole manga. It's just giving out false expectations, let them ride it out themselves and say if they think it gets better.

Ahh shit I just rewatched it, you guys were right. They let their guard down because everything seemed much normal than they thought it would be and that's when they could have gotten fucked. I see now, that's awesome too! :D

Yep, letting your guard down usually means death. They were lucky the king didn't just kill them quick, hence why they were struck with fear.

Yonafunu

WtqXTZO.png

I did some animation analysis by frame and it looks like they accidentally gave Pitou an extra finger on the landing. Pitou usually has four, right? Kind of funny.

I think he has his hands together, resting on the ground. So it's actually correct, you're seeing three fingers of his right hand and two of his left.

FluxWaveZ

Dude's seen one guy's arm get cut off and he's gone nuts, and then there's Killua who's probably seen way worse. It'll be funny if the ants beat his ass.

wildfire

Banned
What's more impressive, this episode taking place in a few seconds or DBZ's 20 episodes in under 5 minutes?

Hunter Hunter is miles ahead of DBZ because it actually encourages you to think based on what you see on the screen and what is being said.

Half of the stuff you end up thinking about lose value on a second rewatch but there is still enough things going on to make a second rewatch a thinking exercising. In DBZ a second rewatch is more about waiting for what you know will already happen.

The difference in quality is severe.

Thank you Crunchyroll for giving me access to this anime and more.

While I'm not a total fan of the pace of the recent episodes, DBZ is not the same. The latter spends a lot of time just powering up their next shot.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh man I just remembered why I don't pop in here, the temptation to just leave comments of "..." and stuff because I know whats going to happen is too great

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Ah man looking at where the anime is though it looks like its catching up to the manga. What would they do when they reach parity? Go on hiatus? Original content?

wildfire

Banned
On that matter, it never really made sense to me how some ants "remember who they were" as humans because I thought they were made from a composite of multiple animals and humans.

Like, there's only a few cases where it seems there was one human eaten to make that soldier. I would have expected them to have a mix of confusing feelings or memories from multiple people, especially with the less-nutritious non-Nen users.

Maybe there's no real logic behind it, like how the queen had somehow gotten her hands on penguin meat.

Actually even before they introduced Kurt they had a sequence showing an Ant Soldier remembering its death as another creature. They didn't make call backs to just human memories but also one from a lion, 2 different birds and piranha (though the last one was more of an indirect callback).

As for the penguin don't forget the island the Queen grew up was the southern most island on the global map. It's still fairly unreasonable for an arctic creature to wash ashore alive but it's not impossible. More likely though is that it isn't a arctic penguin but a tropical one. We have s single penguin species that live as far up as the equator FYI.

Probably just end it.

Then do some more if Togashi ever gets off his lazy arse.

Yeah, it's not a question of if they'll end it or not, but of if they'll end it on the same cliffhanger the manga is right now or just not adapt that one chapter so it feels more like an actual ending (when ignoring all the still unresolved stuff that is).

kirblar

Yeah, it's not a question of if they'll end it or not, but of if they'll end it on the same cliffhanger the manga is right now or just not adapt that one chapter so it feels more like an actual ending (when ignoring all the still unresolved stuff that is).
339 reads like it was intended to be a series finale if necessary.

Daingurse

What's more impressive, this episode taking place in a few seconds or DBZ's 20 episodes in under 5 minutes?

HxH is far more impressive, it simply makes the characters feel like they're moving at hypersonic speed. The passage of time in DBZ felt normal during the fights, so it simply felt like something was lost in translation from the manga. Namek didn't feel like it was taking an eternity to explode in the manga, I think it was an anime pacing issue. I'm rewatching the latest episode right now, and I must say, the fact that hardly anytime is passing at all while the characters are making so many reactions is quite impressive.The fact that these characters can think and act so fast is incredible.

I love how Youppi for instance, doesn't even have much time to process anything on the stairs, his body simply reacted to the threat in front of him.

Edit Now that I have accepted that it isn't going down in this episode yet, I am enjoying this episode a lot more on the rewatch. Completely ridiculous that this all happens in 5 seconds.

Edit 2: Zeno was completely ready, lol. Netero told his man to hault. Also, Gon really is that dude.

Busaiku

I'm of the opinion that most spoilers aren't spoilers until you know they're spoilers, but I think most can figure out that that's spoilers.

Top Bottom