• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Just saw the latest episode, it was amazing. I almost got the feels near the ending.

I like how Neferpitou can go from adorable to absolutely terrifying in seconds. One second it's doing a cat smile and sitting on it's perch, and the next its eyes are red and has sharpened teeth. Not to mention that growing muscle scene, whoa.

Daingurse

iflB4Ah6F4Xbe.png

"Gon! I want to tell the entire world . . . This is Gon!"

Man Shoot had such a powerful catharsis, in what? A fraction of, a fraction, of a fraction of a second? Lol, Gon's ass is crazy though, not even one bit of hesitation charging Youpi. Have to admire that kind of reckless bravery.

Behq24-CUAA6Ln3.png

Much better and stronger episode than last week, competant and shocking fighting and glorious good style given to Killua. Cant wait to see if end of the arc he is paired with an actual competent opponent as I guess it seems everyone is taken already...Pouf's va is amazing.

Jigolo

An x Indebted x Insect

Well well that was a very good episode. It set up just about everything.

I said damn at that Killua scene. It was fucking gorgeous.I'm wondering what will happen with Shoot since he's fighting Youpi all on his own now? Knuckle and Meleron have another goal I guess, because it seems as though Morel says taking Youpi is up to Shoot. I wonder what Knuckle & Meleron are up to.

Poor Ikalgo, I wonder how he's going to get out of this one. He's completely surrounded with nowhere to go. As for Morel and Pouf fight, I have a feeling this will be more of a battle of the minds since they are both very logical thinker, a strategic battle. GO MOREL!

That ending. I enjoyed seeing how much fun it seemed like Netero was having in that small bit. Like he said before, he's excited to be the challenger at his age. Man, when he pointed back to show Gon where Pitou was was pretty chilling. WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO KOMUGI? WILL PITOU HEAL HER IN TIME?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z

That freaking ending.

TheChits

Knuckle, Shoot, and Morel are such an awesome group. I would gladly read/watch a series about them. And man, that cliffhanger has me hyped

kirblar

An x Indebted x Insect

Well well that was a very good episode. It set up just about everything.

I said damn at that Killua scene. It was fucking gorgeous.I'm wondering what will happen with Shoot since he's fighting Youpi all on his own now? Knuckle and Meleron have another goal I guess, because it seems as though Morel says taking Youpi is up to Shoot. I wonder what Knuckle & Meleron are up to.

Poor Ikalgo, I wonder how he's going to get out of this one. He's completely surrounded with nowhere to go. As for Morel and Pouf fight, I have a feeling this will be more of a battle of the minds since they are both very logical thinker, a strategic battle. GO MOREL!

That ending. I enjoyed seeing how much fun it seemed like Netero was having in that small bit. Like he said before, he's excited to be the challenger at his age. Man, when he pointed back to show Gon where Pitou was was pretty chilling. WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO KOMUGI? WILL PITOU HEAL HER IN TIME?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z

That freaking ending.
Re: Youpi
Knuckle/Shoot/Melereon are all on Youpi. Shoot has to stall Youpi in the same location long enough for him to go Bankrupt. This is why Knuckle is freaked by Youpi's aura level- it's going to take much longer than they originally thought to run out the clock.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
For the king! X For the king! episode 113
For the king!, idk what Gon is going to do against someone like pitou, he has gotten maybe a lil bit stronger, but all im seeing him do is distract pitou long enough for something to happen. Also something tells me Killua made the wrong mistake going after those ants, then again it could be the wrong choice no matter what, if he didnt kill them they would question whatshisname and he will get caught or killed anyways.

Jigolo

Re: Youpi
Knuckle/Shoot/Melereon are all on Youpi. Shoot has to stall Youpi in the same location long enough for him to go Bankrupt. This is why Knuckle is freaked by Youpi's aura level- it's going to take much longer than they originally thought to run out the clock.

ahh so that's the plan. Poor Shoot

foxuzamaki

I thought the plan
was for shoot and marleon to get to the king and I guess try to one hit kill him while they were still invisible. then again I guess the plan was changed originally.

Yeah. In the end, the general plan isn't
to actually fight those monsters, but to stall and make time for Netero to fight the King without the Royal Guard. That's their best shot.

More specifically, their main idea is to use a nasty combo: Knuckle's potclean + Chamaleon Invisibility. With it, you have a sure Potclean activation and avoid the retaliation of the enemy that could return the interest while you are invisible.

foxuzamaki

Yeah. In the end, the general plan isn't
to actually fight those monsters, but to stall and make time for Netero to fight the King without the Royal Guard. That's their best shot.

More specifically, their main idea is to use a nasty combo: Knuckle's potclean + Chamaleon Invisibility. With it, you have a sure Potclean activation and avoid the retaliation of the enemy that could return the interest while you are invisible.
One thing im confused on is knuckle's attack, it takes interest but if im remembering right if they can "pay" the interest back aka use more nen then it is taking then idk if it breaks the spell but keeps it from counting down. Youpi is chalk full of nen

kirblar

One thing im confused on is knuckle's attack, it takes interest but if im remembering right if they can "pay" the interest back aka use more nen then it is taking then idk if it breaks the spell but keeps it from counting down. Youpi is chalk full of nen
Youpi has to hit Knuckle with a Nen attack to do that. Hence, Knuckle being very cautious about picking his spots. Right now, one smack from Youpi would probably pay him back immediately, which is scary.

Kyuur

Here is how the ability works:

- Knuckle can add to the total by hitting them.
- They can subtract from the total by hitting Knuckle back.

While potclean is in effect, neither of them take damage from attacks. The only thing affected is the total.

- Potclean adds interest over time.
- If the total on Potclean > the target's remaining Nen, they are forced into Zetsu.

So if the target uses a ton of Nen attacking, this makes them go Bankrupt faster.

Tobe

man netero fight cant come fast enought!!! its been a couple of weeks since i gave in to the manga, but i just want to see....

Daingurse

Really good episode this week.
I have no clue how Ikalgo is going to handle his situation, with 3 fucking squad leaders on his ass, but I'm really engaged in his plot now. Shoot discovering his ultimate technque? That had me and my brother rolling, Shoot is doing work. And Man Pouf is an emotionally unstable dude, lol. He really did waste time, lol.

Also, Gon is far too ready.

upandaway

Really good episode this week.
I have no clue how Ikalgo is going to handle his situation, with 3 fucking squad leaders on his ass, but I'm really engaged in his plot now. Shoot discovering his ultimate technque? That had me and my brother rolling, Shoot is doing work.Man Pouf is an emotionally unstable dude, lol. He really did waste time.
You know things will get crazy when it's seconds after the start of the invasion, and two characters have already gone completely loony :lol

You might want to remove the last part? No manga spoilers..
Wait what. Zeno mentioned that move last episode (or was it 2 episodes ago), that post could literally come from an anime-only watcher just the same.

Zanosuke

You know things will get crazy when it's seconds after the start of the invasion, and two characters have already gone completely loony :lol

Wait what. Zeno mentioned that move last episode (or was it 2 episodes ago), that post could literally come from an anime-only watcher just the same.

Oh sorry, my bad. I had forgotten that.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Thank god the narration dies down in a few episodes. I think the author was going through a phase.

Another great one, I was tensing up toward the end, haha. The hallway action was nice. Pouf's tears, lol. I wanted to smack him out of it.

The the head nod and point at the end was delicious.

FluxWaveZ

Man, that was a good episode.
I'm all for Gon unleashing his pent up fury on Pitou, but it's kinda busy healing Komugi right now.

So Shoot's ultimate move, is the ability to
fly (or stand on his hand)
? That's not a very good ultimate attack.

Regardless, it was a pretty great episode. I usually watch HxH every Sunday, but after the cliffhanger of last episode. I just had to watch it a little earlier.

kirblar

Regardless, it was a pretty great episode. I usually watch HxH every Sunday, but after the cliffhanger of last episode. I just had to watch it a little earlier.
In this situation, at least, the upgrade in mobility is huge for him.

Shouta

zeno talked about it, pitou got hit by it, is it a spoiler? well its already edited by a mod so w/e.

I don't think Pitou was hit by it visibly. The first time it shows up is crazy and the name is only mentioned by Zeno. I still edited it for folks that haven't caught up. =p

No. It's a bit more powerful and complex than that actually. I don't know if they explained it in this episode, did they?

Lirlond

There's no limitation on how fast his hands move. So it's a massive upgrade over just physical speed. It's something really obvious that you don't think of, like using a dustpan to funnel water out of your sink

Shouta: They don't go in depth yet. Think it'll be the next episode though.

I forgot about the part with Killua and his yo-yos. That was so cool to see animated. Thank goodness events are moving closer to real time pacing too.

kirblar

I forgot about the part with Killua and his yo-yos. That was so cool to see animated. Thank goodness events are moving closer to real time pacing too.
Killua part had to get dragged out to get this to a "good" stopping point for the ep. I went back and looked at what material was coming up, and it felt like there was either too little or too much, depending on where they stopped it.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Killua part had to get dragged out to get this to a "good" stopping point for the ep. I went back and looked at what material was coming up, and it felt like there was either too little or too much, depending on where they stopped it.

The best part about H X H is how good of a job they do of portraying danger. Anyone can get killed at any second. This goes all the way to the hunter exams. Those poor ants got annihilated lol

Top Bottom