• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Kieli

Good episode aside from the re-use of animation. That kinda bothered me, but whatever.

Shoot developing new technologies was pretty amusing.

kirblar

Palm, Knuckle and Shoot are the greatest shonen trio EVER.
Browsed the Hunterpedia to look up some stuff on Shoot (don't do that non-Manga folks, spoilers all over the place) and apparently those 3 + Gyro are all named after the Japanese names for baseball pitches.

Jigolo

esF1THE.gif

LogicStep

Amazing episode, great music all around but especially during Pouf's scene. Can't wait for Gon's encounter with Pitou and the King's fight. Also, Killua's scene was fucking awesome.

Daingurse

Shoot has earned my respect. Was lukewarm on the character at first, and frankly don't recall much about him from when I read the manga so long ago. That's all irrelevant though now, because Shoot earned my respect on this day.
Dude just found his ultimate technique, the moment he needed it most. Hell if the narrator says it, then it must be fucking true. Shoot has already done a good job of holding off Youpi for fucks sake. Dude had Youpi on the defensive for a few damn seconds. Shoot has impressed the hell outta me this day.

Morel, Shoot, and Knuckle+Meleoron are doing some fucking work. Gon has his eye on the prize, and it really is disturbing honestly to see from Gon. Dude has true hate in his heart for Neferpitou, and will not hesitate to kill him it looks like. I don't like seeing Gon like this, but I respect his boldness. Gon shoved his humanity, deep inside of himself before this mission . . his eyes went straight dark like Killua said. This will be interesting . . .

Blades64

Banned
Freaking cliffhanger ending! Gon is about to go IN. I love how didn't even give a hoot that Killua wasn't with him.

Killua's scene was great as well, but I feel bad for Ikalgo now. Hope he makes it out alive.

Shoot earned a lot of points in my respect book as well. It's like he's a different person right now with him brimming with confidence and all.

It seems like you guys liked it but the only thing I didn't like about this episode was that Pouf scene. Was just downright wierd to me. I know the guys is overdramatic but sheeesh...

Can't wait for next week!

Popnbake

I haven't read the manga but I assume she's drugged up or lobotomized in some room full of ant semen. They all thirst for a queen far to hard for that not to be the only reasonable conclusion :(

Just what kind of author do you think Togashi is?

*remembers Mukuro's manga backstory*

...oh yeah. >.>

Daingurse

From what I heard, this was where the manga went on hiatus.

I remember the hiatus, it was rough. Stopped following the series during the hiatus after that one. Couldn't take it anymore, now I can hardly remember the Chimera Ant Arc. The other arcs I retained better, but between time and trying to make out Togashi's scribbles, I don't really recall shit. Well except for a few things, heh.

fawaz

Banned
Shoot and knuckle seem to have their shit down. Morel probably has some smokey trickery up his sleeve. However, how is Gon going to survive more than 5 seconds against Pito.

FluxWaveZ

Shoot and knuckle seem to have their shit down. Morel probably has some smokey trickery up his sleeve. However, how is Gon going to survive more than 5 seconds against Pito.

Pitou's busy healing Komugi and that might play an important factor. The king said he was counting on Pitou to heal her and that made Pitou pretty emotional, so the cat might be divided between its desire to tend to Komugi, thus pleasing the king, or its awakened sense of self preservation.

Man what an awesome episode

Pouf's theme is so fucking awesome (All hail Violin!)

Shoot developing his ultimate attack and also covering one of his eyes for teh lulz was crazy as well

Killua was boss as usual

And that fucking ending Netero seems to be having the time of his life while Zeno casual strolling along stroking his stache

This fucking series!! truly the pinnacle of Shonen!

Yonafunu

The Killua (and maybe Pouf) scenes were probably deliberately slowed down to get the episode to end on the specific scene it did. I'm fine with it, the ending was worth it. It was exactly where I had hoped/expected the episode to end.

wildfire

Banned

All of Pito's Nen is in use when Dr. Blythe is active. The King has told her directly she's the only he can rely on to save Komugi. There is no chance in hell she'll risk stopping her healing ability for such an important task. Without her Nen Gon has a chance of wrecking her but she is still crazy strong and fast so he could still get killed.

What I'm curious about is how Morel is going to counter Pouf's mind control.

upandaway

All of Pito's Nen is in use when Dr. Blythe is active. The King has told her directly she's the only he can rely on to save Komugi. There is no chance in hell she'll risk stopping her healing ability for such an important task. Without her Nen Gon has a chance of wrecking her but she is still crazy strong and fast so he could still get killed.
There's also the fact that if Gon kills Pitou, that will be the same as killing Komugi.

Jigolo

I wonder if Zeno will actually leave now that the job is done. He seems interested but it's all about the money for those Zoldycks. Netero would probably have to pay him another million to help him Tag team fight vs the King.

Daingurse

Maybe Gon will see Komugi and his tune will change.
I don't think Gon is going to give a fuck.

I'm also worried about Morel, no way he can take Pouf at 35% strength. Looks like he's playing longball though, Smokey Jail is working, dude just needs to stay alive. Don't know what Pouf is about at all, his En completed spooked Knov, and hell he already used Spiritual Message, I don't even know what that does.

Netero would probably have to pay him another billion to help him Tag team fight vs the King.

FTFY, lol.

Zeno is getting paid. I bet Netero has already spent billions of jenny on that beast.

Jigolo

FTFY, lol.

Zeno is getting paid. I bet Netero has already spent billions of jenny for that beast.

You know, I was going to put billion, but then I thought no that's way too much.

Then I remembered the amount of money Gon and Killua alone made at the Heavens Arena. The Chariman/ Hunter Agency undoubtably make more then them. lol

Something random I noticed, but Morel really is a cool guy. Knov saw Pouf's aura and got scared, while Morel saw him and didn't care. He just prepared for battle. It shows even more that even though he knew he had to fight him alone, he still continued with the mission.

He saw Knov, who is as powerful (or less I'm not sure) as he is. Turn from a guy ready to battle, into a ghost that's scared out of his mind.

There's no limitation on how fast his hands move. So it's a massive upgrade over just physical speed. It's something really obvious that you don't think of, like using a dustpan to funnel water out of your sink

Shouta: They don't go in depth yet. Think it'll be the next episode though.

Oh, that seems like much more of an ultimate move then. The narrator mostly just said standing on his hand was his ultimate move, so I didn't notice his hands speed.

Aad

What I don't understand is why there arent any stronger dudes helping out or being called in.

Surely there are many stronger people than Gon, Killua, Palm, Knuckle, Shoot, Knov and Moreo.

remz

What I don't understand is why there arent any stronger dudes helping out or being called in.

Surely there are many stronger people than Gon, Killua, Palm, Knuckle, Shoot, Knov and Moreo.
If you feed stronger players to the ants it only makes the problem worse. They get stronger based on what they eat. I think that's why they chose a small strike force instead of sending a huge amount of heavy fighters.

There's also the fact that they didn't anticipate things like exactly how strong the king is.

Mortemis

Banned
Maaaan, the whole Pouf drama was pretty boring, wish they cut that down. But that end, THAT END. I was shaking in excitement. Can't wait.

Killua's scene was great and well handled too. MH on a roll.

I wonder how long they'll last against Yupi. I thought Meleoron can only hold his breath for 1-2 mins? Knuckle's attacks aren't making much of a dent for his bankruptcy.

kirblar

I wonder how long they'll last against Yupi. I thought Meleoron can only hold his breath for 1-2 mins? Knuckle's attacks aren't making much of a dent for his bankruptcy.
He's visible/detectable for a few seconds when he breathes. It's why they need to get the hits in ASAP before Youpi is alerted to their presence (along with Potclean/APR.)

upandaway

If you feed stronger players to the ants it only makes the problem worse. They get stronger based on what they eat. I think that's why they chose a small strike force instead of sending a huge amount of heavy fighters.

There's also the fact that they didn't anticipate things like exactly how strong the king is.
That's only true up until 10 days before the selection. After that they decided on the invasion strategy which requires strong concentrated force, there's no reason not to bring reinforcements if only for the invasion itself. As proof, Netero brought Zeno in.

Aad just remember that this issue exists

Ive watched a couple more times. Skipped through the pouf stuff on the 3rd. That part does kind of drag. I love the music in the beginning on the stairs.

shira

He's visible/detectable for a few seconds when he breathes. It's why they need to get the hits in ASAP before Youpi is alerted to their presence (along with Potclean/APR.)

Is that going to work? Isn't his nen astronomical - either they need a lot of time for it to increase or they need some critical hits?

belushy

Banned
Just finished 2nd episode of HxH1999. Gonna have to get used to the character designs, and the design overall, but so far so good. I did like how much the 2011 cut out from this "leaving Whale Island" stuff compared to this anime.

Shouta

Just finished 2nd episode of HxH1999. Gonna have to get used to the character designs, and the design overall, but so far so good. I did like how much the 2011 cut out from this "leaving Whale Island" stuff compared to this anime.

I actually like the slower pace of those episodes. It gave it a much more laidback and warm feeling. It also gives a bit more brooding/development time for that part of Gon's character.

When I started the 2011 version, Gon's long hair really threw me off. Now I can't stand the short hair from 1999. Hisoka is scarier/creeper in the 1999 version imho.

Daingurse

I definitely watched all of HxH 99 at some point, really enjoyed it. Don't really remember it too well, but the show just felt dark , something about the art-style. Really enjoyed it, just can't remember it lol.

Top Bottom