• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

belushy

Banned
I definitely watched all of HxH 99 at some point, really enjoyed it. Don't really remember it too well, but the show just felt dark , something about the art-style. Really enjoyed it, just can't remember it lol.

Yep. It definitely feels a lot darker. Killua's design is a very subtle change, but one that makes him look really dark and... assassin-y. Hisoka definitely has an even darker character (so far) in this anime. Can't get used to his design yet, though. lol

Winter 2014 AnimeGAF thread recommended the show for me and jesus christ I caught up in like 2 weeks. Dat obsession.

Either ways now I find myself waiting for weekly episodes. The pacing in these last two episodes has been pretty freaking slow imho, and seeing how many enemies have yet to be defeated I wouldn't be surprised if this arc goes for 20 more episodes.

Winter 2014 AnimeGAF thread recommended the show for me and jesus christ I caught up in like 2 weeks. Dat obsession.

Either ways now I find myself waiting for weekly episodes. The pacing in these last two episodes has been pretty freaking slow imho, and seeing how many enemies have yet to be defeated I wouldn't be surprised if this arc goes for 20 more episodes.

Considering the amount of manga chapters left to adapt of it, I'd say that's actually a decent estimate of episodes left depending on how they pace things.

Jigolo

Nice. Don't cave in

Brutalx2

Just... Sweet mother of god! The LOOK, that creepy look made all this pretty annoying slow mo tolerable! The adrenaline after this episode was too damn high! The action is about to begin!

Also the narrator's jump into protagonist was very surprising. I wonder if Narrator-kun will have character development as he seems to be the most important speaker these past two episodes.

kirblar

Also the narrator's jump into protagonist was very surprising. I wonder if Narrator-kun will have character development as he seems to be the most important speaker these past two episodes.
Nah, this isn't Into the Woods or Space Dandy. Once the bullet time lets up it'll be back to normal.

hobz360

Shit man, I'd watch a show about Morel, Shoot and Knuckle. Love all the bromance in this show.

And I'm glad I can barely remember anything about this arc. I know how the fights ends but have forgotten the details lol

As for fillers, if the current anime team can do what the OG anime team did with the fillers back then, I'd be completely fine with that. I honestly couldn't tell the fillers and the non-fillers from the OG anime. I specially loved the Extra/Bonus stage during the Hunter Exam!

dan2026

Has any English company actually licensed the 2011 anime yet?

I'm surprised considering how popular and well received it is, that nobody has snapped it up yet.

Too expensive maybe?

belushy

Banned
Finished the Hunter Exam arc from the 1999 anime. I liked it more than the 2011 version. Any reason why the battleship stuff was cut? I really liked that part of the arc.

Moving on to the Zoldyck arc now. Hopefully it is better than the 2011 anime, too. Was my least favorite arc.

I'm surprised considering how popular and well received it is, that nobody has snapped it up yet.

Too expensive maybe?

A dub? I'm scared they would screw up the kings voice, hehe.

It would be cool to see on toonami though.

Jigolo

How I'm feeling for the next episode after re watching 112

hxh95morel_by_aims773-d6lj4xu.gif

EDIT: meant 113

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Oh don't get me wrong. I definitely agree with you. That's why some parts of the original one feel a little more special in that regard. At least to me.

I've got a question. I actually feel pretty stupid about it because maybe my mind blanked out and I missed some sort of explanation.

Earlier in the arc there was a story about that Gyro fellow. It was a sad story and all but...what exactly was the point of it? That seriously left me feeling pretty confused.

If the answer is a manga spoiler, never mind. =/

Trying to start watching from episode 1. I'm on episode 4 now.

I hope every conflict isn't resolved via Talk No Jutsu. Can't stand it in Naruto and I can't take a whole 'nother anime filled with it. It has a more joke-y nature than Naruto which makes me fear it will.

I hope every conflict isn't resolved via Talk No Jutsu. Can't stand it in Naruto and I can't take a whole 'nother anime filled with it. It has a more joke-y nature than Naruto which makes me fear it will.

lol Can a post be more wrong in its assumptions? find out next time on dragon ball Zzzzz

smurfx

get some go again

don't worry the violence will kick up into high gear in a bit. i hope you stick with this anime since it's better than naruto by far.

lol Can a post be more wrong in its assumptions? find out next time on dragon ball Zzzzz

didn't mean to offend you dude. Just waiting for a bit more tension and I'm excited to see why people are raving about it.

don't worry the violence will kick up into high gear in a bit. i hope you stick with this anime since it's better than naruto by far.
I like the non-main characters a lot so far. Only on Ep 4 but I'll be watching this for a while. If only to find out what happens to all the other rookies I like.

didn't mean to offend you dude. Just waiting for a bit more tension and I'm excited to see why people are raving about it.

I like the non-main characters a lot so far. Only on Ep 4 but I'll be watching this for a while. If only to find out what happens to all the other rookies I like.

offense? why would you think I was offended? I am just amused at how misleading this series can be to newcomers at first, especially when I recall a guy saying he was gonna quit it because its too dark later on.

2? I got so obsessed I pretty much devoured it in one week. That said: Hi guys~!

That said, I really, really felt antsy as I watched the build up to the invasion of the palace, mostly because, as soon as I realized I was watching 113, we cut off right when these fights are really kicking into high gear. This show is pretty much the first anime in a long, long time that I really have a hard time waiting for.

It's made by the same guy who did Yu Yu Hakusho, if you watched that. This series starts out light, but it gets dark. The villains aren't talked down by a rousing speech. The main characters have no qualms with killing somebody and they do not brood on it when it happens.

And Gon is a pimp.

You're going to enjoy it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Too expensive maybe?
somebody has bought the license but hasent revealed itself yet, we're speculating it could possibly be a announcement on toonami in toonamigaf
Toonami should stop airing bad early Naruto and just dub this and put it on air. Not only will it not look like crap, it'll be better too.

toonami has to show the old naruto, its a deal they struck, they get to show shippuden but they also have to show OG naruto at the same time so we're stuck with it for a while.

smurfx

get some go again
can't help but wonder if he finished all his lines as netero in the anime. i'm assuming they have a ton of episodes animated already.

Jigolo

can't help but wonder if he finished all his lines as netero in the anime. i'm assuming they have a ton of episodes animated already.

Yeah I was going to say this. I'm sure they are a few episodes ahead in terms of what they've animated.

RIP

Rootbeer

Banned
What! NO! So tragic... his voice was so perfect for Netero! I am not familiar with him outside of this series, but he's been totally fantastic. I'm sure they will need to replace him for some later scenes, there is no avoiding it probably. It definitely won't be right without him.

Still... I think most of us will be very fortunate to get 82 years. I hope he lived them well.

Top Bottom