• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

offense? why would you think I was offended? I am just amused at how misleading this series can be to newcomers at first, especially when I recall a guy saying he was gonna quit it because its too dark later on.

Ah OK. You came off a little belittling at first. The presentation of the Anime at first does come off as light. I had no impression of what happens later of course, since I'm just starting. Of course I see it now.

It's made by the same guy who did Yu Yu Hakusho, if you watched that. This series starts out light, but it gets dark. The villains aren't talked down by a rousing speech. The main characters have no qualms with killing somebody and they do not brood on it when it happens.

And Gon is a pimp.

You're going to enjoy it.

Gon looks like Tron Bonne. I hate him. Leorio is the man. I hope he isnt so helpless later on. If theres anyone I want to get a random badass upgrade, it's him!

Im on Episode 18. I'm hooked.

Are you sure he's male?
...Whet???

On Gon: I hated Gon's design at first but once the show really gets into the massive bromance that is Gon's and Killua's friendship, he got way better. And the current arc? Fuh'get about it, Gon's awesome and a pimp.

On Leorio: ....

Ah OK. I hope it turns into a better bromance than what I've seen in other Shounens. After this past episode 20 I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

Snowman: Abandon this thread ASAP until you catch up.

A

S

A

P

LMAO!!! Alright then. Bailing out. Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll be back the end of this week.

smurfx

get some go again
only reason i would want kurapika around is because the spiders would be around as well. don't really care too much for him or leorio.

Ah OK. I hope it turns into a better bromance than what I've seen in other Shounens. After this past episode 20 I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

If you don't enjoy the Gon x Killua bromance (or in my case, OTP) then I'm going to question whether you own a soul.

I miss Kurapika man. I wish he would magically show up somehow, lol.

Kurapika is my favorite character, bar none. Leorio I really wanna like, but he hasn't done anything really cool since all the way back in the Hunter Exam arc, and that bothers me somewhat. I mean we've already explored Kurapika's shtick with the spiders and Killua and his family deal, but we've got almost nothing on Leorio.

only reason i would want kurapika around is because the spiders would be around as well. don't really care too much for him or leorio.

Well we can have spiders without Kurapika (I do like the spiders themselves, since they're fun characters). I mean, that's what that 2 parter in Meteor City showcased.

Brannon

Just started watching the Chimera Ant arc (episode Evil x And x Terrible) and god damn this show is getting dark...

Did not think that would ever happen.

kirblar

Just started watching the Chimera Ant arc (episode Evil x And x Terrible) and god damn this show is getting dark...

Did not think that would ever happen.
Yorknew wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows either. :p

Brace yourself though- this arc is long.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tumblr_mzw0laRla41raqriko1_500.gif

The best.

tumblr_mzltneaJhh1qbwudjo1_500.gif

YOU CAN SMIIIIIIIIIIIIIILE AGAIN

tumblr_mzlpf6D7bA1rbrys3o1_500.gif

Can you hear me sing? Wasurenaide.

belushy

Banned
Funny you guys mention gender in the series. Found out yesterday after scrolling through the wiki that Kalluto was a male. Watching the 1999 anime now, and he looks even more feminine than in the 2011 anime.

Also, before I ever watched HxH, I looked at the banner for it on Crunchyroll and assumed that Kurapika was a female. Was slightly disappointed he wasn't when I started watching, but his awesomeness makes it all okay now. :)

I've always thought Kurapica was male, but the way he acts sometimes makes me think otherwise. Just the subtle actions he takes throughout the series.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I do like the troll at the hunter exams with the prisoner lady, its like togashi was channeling his fanbase into leorio "she has to be a girl right?"

Erigu

The fact that there's still someone who didn't know Kurapika's a guy at this point blows my mind. Seriously.
Would it also blow your mind if I told you that the summary blurb on the official site for the relatively recent first movie very briefly called Kurapika a man but was quickly changed into something gender-neutral?

Jigolo

I never got the feeling of love with this show besides Meruem and you know who.

Never in this show was there something like Naruto x Hinata (needs to happen kishi)

Same goes for OP. Besides maybe Zoro x Robin (she's much older)

Mendrox

If we're going by chapter count and assuming we keep the current pace, I give it somewhere around 20.

What? This arc does end soon, doesn't it? I guess in April HxH is finished or they will animate the next arc too (13 or 26 episodes with slower pacing). There aren't that many chapters anymore...

Jigolo

Current chapter is 271 with the current pace being 2.5 chapters per episode. I don't know which chapter the CA arc ends but since people are saying around 20 EPs left I'll assume 300ish

kirblar

Only real hope for more eps would be a surprise announcement that the series is just going Anime-only with Togashi providing story outlines. That has a .01% chance of happening though.

Top Bottom