• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

TheChits

Yet another great episode. I really want to see
what Pouf emerges as and what Zeno is gonna do
Also, Knuckle and Shoot
p0QHO.gif

Killua, honey, you're killing me with feels. STAHP.

In terms of the episode content itself:
Wasn't Ikalgo one of Flutter's men? Wouldn't he know that Hagya was calling himself Leol? I mean, you could totally justify it by saying Ikalgo being taken by surprise by no less than 2 squad leaders made him slip, but it's still an odd thing. Welfin already suspected him due to the corridor incident with Killua.

That aside... Shoot is amazing and Knuckle was amazing and everything was amazing and this episode was criminally short. Now to wait another torturous week.

Shoot, Knuckle, Morel.

I love the hell out of this trio, they are by far my favourite characters in the series. If only they were main characters.

Good episode, but yes, it felt like it went by too fast.

upandaway

Youpi is so intense. Reminds me of Uvo in a sense, it's just scary. Knuckle is one of my favorites too, alongside Shoot and Morel.

Yeah this episode felt way too short, man, I could swear it was 10 minutes. Where's my other 10 minutes.

Blades64

Banned
Episode 114

Went by way too fast! I want to see Gon's confrontation with Pitou already. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome episode, but I'm pulling my hair out here. Gritting my teeth. The suspense!!

Shoot, Knuckle and Morel are all bosses. Would watch a series with just them.

Kyuur

Killua, honey, you're killing me with feels. STAHP.

In terms of the episode content itself:
Wasn't Ikalgo one of Flutter's men? Wouldn't he know that Hagya was calling himself Leol? I mean, you could totally justify it by saying Ikalgo being taken by surprise by no less than 2 squad leaders made him slip, but it's still an odd thing. Welfin already suspected him due to the corridor incident with Killua.

That aside... Shoot is amazing and Knuckle was amazing and everything was amazing and this episode was criminally short. Now to wait another torturous week.

Ikalgo was on the same level as Flutter, underneath a Squadron Leader (it's not stated which).

I'm actually hoping that they don't start Gon's fight before Morel and Knuckle/Shoot are done just so that it won't interrupt it to show someone else's fight. I wanna see him kicking Pitou's ass without any breaks!

It was an ok episode, mainly a set-up for future battles. The pacing of these last few episodes has felt a bit off for me, but that might be more the manga stretching these battles into long ones. Which would be relatively new for Hunter x Hunter but common in shonen action. While I like Shoot, Knuckle and Morvel, they don't do it for me. I'm watching this show for the Killua and Gon bromance. The dynamic of having Goku and Vegeta characters as friendly as they are from the beginning is pretty unheard of and I really like it.

Jigolo

"Zeno made certain that his nen was completely neutral. Was it a gesture of respect? Or was it..."

"He is frightening..."

whew.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm actually hoping that they don't start Gon's fight before Morel and Knuckle/Shoot are done just so that it won't interrupt it to show someone else's fight. I wanna see him kicking Pitou's ass without any breaks!

Same. However they're drawing out the lead up to their confrontation WAY too much. I thought for sure it'd happen at the end of last episode, and now all we get is Gon jumping up and Killua going all Linkin Park.

dan2026

This part of the manga is kinda slow and drawn out.

And it translates to the anime because there is loads of dialogue.

I am kinda impressed that the preview didn't spoil anything this time though.

This part of the manga is kinda slow and drawn out.

And it translates to the anime because there is loads of dialogue.

I am kinda impressed that the preview didn't spoil anything this time though.

You know what, I was jonesing so bad this week, I wanted to watch (and did) the preview on purpose to be spoiled for next week, And it didn't show me shit. lol

Honestly, I stopped watching the previews for two reasons. First, because I like being surprised. Second: so I don't feel AS horribly empty about waiting the week.

Fandangox

Very good episode. I sometimes don't watch some episodes so I can just watch them on marathon, should start doing that, feels better man.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Good episode. I enjoyed it as usual. Shoot is pretty awesome. Like someone else said, the anime has been doing him justice unlike the manga.

MarkusRJR

I've been enjoying these past few episodes but the pacing is just bad. I thought it would speed up a bit once the actual fights begun and the set up was done but nope (if this episode is any indication of future episodes). Everything is moving so slowly and very little is happening.

I hope things get better soon.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I've been enjoying these past few episodes but the pacing is just bad. I thought it would speed up a bit once the actual fights begun and the set up was done but nope (if this episode is any indication of future episodes). Everything is moving so slowly and very little is happening.

The pacing is deliberate because these are not DBZ fights. They will not be 30 episodes each. Think about how long some of the best fights in this series have been. Like half an episode? Everything is taking place simultaneously so he has to slow time and shift focus.

vareon

Remember HxH is not with a fight-set up-fight-set up-fight structure, as previous arcs have shown. You shouldn't expect "actual fights" since mission completion takes priority to match-ups. Heck they'd rather avoid fights if they could.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Regarding the pacing issues, it's been fine imo. If you've read this part of the manga it's the exact same thing, with the narrator explaining everything that's happening within the time frame. It's impossible to explain everything all at once, so we get a glimpse of what everyone is experiencing to have a better understanding how drastic the overall invasion is. Another thing to note is that HxH isn't your typical fighting shonen either. It's all about the different strategies to overcome a certain objective and this becomes very apparent in this arc.

MarkusRJR

Remember HxH is not with a fight-set up-fight-set up-fight structure, as previous arcs have shown. You shouldn't expect "actual fights" since mission completion takes priority to match-ups. Heck they'd rather avoid fights if they could.
I don't really care if it's a set up-fight situation. I just want SOMETHING to happen after the set up. It feels like everything is moving too slow with no pay off at all.

I loved HxH's pacing until this arc.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I don't really care if it's a set up-fight situation. I just want SOMETHING to happen after the set up. It feels like everything is moving too slow with no pay off at all.

I loved HxH's pacing until this arc.

It's just because shit is about to happen and you have to wait weekly. If you had it all out to marathon you really wouldn't mind. By the end of the next few episodes you'll be crying like a baby and yelling "we have to go back!"

It has been slow lately though. I mean, in this ep we could have done with way less internal monologues from Knuckle and Shoot. How long did we watch Knuckle struggling to watch Shoot dodging?

comedian

Stolen from a reddit thread but there's a discrepancy between the manga and the anime in the latest episode:
In the anime, Shoot takes damage from Youpi's attacks, while in the manga since the counter is positive, he shouldn't take any damage

Doesn't Potclean's damage nullifier apply only to Knuckle and his target?

from the wiki:
As long as A.P.R. is attached, any attacks done to Knuckle by his opponent return aura to him, lowering the counter. Until all of the aura lent by Knuckle is returned to him, he cannot be physically damaged by his opponent. The reverse is also true; each of Knuckle's blows only lends aura to his opponent, causing no damage (though in both cases the one receiving the blow may be knocked back by it).

I wonder though, isn't there any limit how often Knuckle can apply Potclean? If he can keep hitting an enemy back as soon as Potclean breaks, he won't be hurt by the next blow.

kirblar

Shoot gets the crap beaten out of him in the Manga too. Whoever thought there was a discrepancy didn't actually bother to read it.

Yonafunu

Stolen from a reddit thread but there's a discrepancy between the manga and the anime in the latest episode:
In the anime, Shoot takes damage from Youpi's attacks, while in the manga since the counter is positive, he shouldn't take any damage

What? If you're talking about Hakoware, the counter and damage-nullification only applies to Knuckle. And the manga and anime is exactly the same here, Shoot gets beaten up in both.

from the wiki:

I wonder though, isn't there any limit how often Knuckle can apply Potclean? If he can keep hitting an enemy back as soon as Potclean breaks, he won't be hurt by the next blow.

Yup, it only applies to Knuckle. And I don't know about the limit, but keep in mind that in a 'normal' battle, there a lot more back-and-forth between Knuckle and his opponent. It's not easy to break Potclean, it's just that Youpi is so strong Knuckle can't engage in battle with him.

Kyuur

from the wiki:

It has been shown that Nen is quite exploitable if you are clever enough with your restrictions, so it might be possible. I'm not sure if Potclean will nullify damage over the aura limit though(like if Knuckle gets hit with 1000 aura w/ Potclean at 200).

fawaz

Banned
So why didn't gon and Killua run back and tell Morel Knuckle and Shoot that the king is long gone. Their objective was to buy time so that the royal guards don't rush to the king. Now that the king has separated himself from the gaurds willingly the gang should get the fuck out of there immediately as it appears that they are fighting loosing battles.

upandaway

So why didn't gon and Killua run back and tell Morel Knuckle and Shoot that the king is long gone. Their objective was to buy time so that the royal guards don't rush to the king. Now that the king has separated himself from the gaurds willingly the gang should get the fuck out of there immediately as it appears that they are fighting loosing battles.
You're saying that as if Youpi or Pouf can't catch up to the king easily.

For one thing Gon has a personal grudge and another the guards are so ridiculously loyal they would go to the king side regardless.

I'm an expert

The guards would instantly rush to the king. They wouldn't let him just one v one for fun. Although, I guess the king could have ordered them away.

Jigolo

this gif is mesmerizing

tmEseFm.gif

rooting for shoot and knuckle to pull this off. more so shoot because of what his personality was like before getting into this fight.

For one thing Gon has a personal grudge and another the guards are so ridiculously loyal they would go to the king side regardless.

Bolding for emphasis on Gon. Just look at the way he's being depicted, not to say he wouldn't have taken part in this anyways, but his main reason for being there is Pitou's head.

fawaz

Banned
Well Killua was thinking rationally and didn't even think of it as an option. And as far as the gaurds finding the king, from my understanding of the HunterxHunter universe, there is no DBZ-like sense that allowes them to find the king if he is outside of En range.

kirblar

Well Killua was thinking rationally and didn't even think of it as an option. And as far as the gaurds finding the king, from my understanding of the HunterxHunter universe, there is no DBZ-like sense that allowes them to find the king if he is outside of En range.
They'd still find him relatively quickly- they're not slow, and Pitou could basically throw out radar while bouncing around the desert.

So can somebody confirm what the whole Killua scene in 114 was about? Was he considering telling Gon something bad and that's why he stopped himself? Or simply he didn't want to say something that might ruin the flow?

kirblar

So can somebody confirm what the whole Killua scene in 114 was about? Was he considering telling Gon something bad and that's why he stopped himself? Or simply he didn't want to say something that might ruin the flow?
He was scared to ask Gon about what his plan was for fear of damaging their relationship.

I took as it as the combination of Gon saying let's go and the look on his face, suggested to Killua that Gon was down for a suicide mission, and he knew it and he couldn't stop it, and that his instinct would help him escape, but Gon would die (hence his fear of leaving Gon to die somewhere that he was told before).

IDK though, I watched again, it's kinda hard to pin down exactly what Killua's words mean. I don't think Killua would hesitate questioning Gon's current plan, he has called him out before, right?

So I'm sure people have asked this before, but what are they going to do when the anime content catches up with the content of the manga? Will they make new content exclusively for the anime? I can't imagine they would just stop, seeing as the anime is super popular.

Also, for those of you who have read the manga (DO NOT LOOK AT THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT. I'm not sure how far the anime is)
Has Meruem beaten Netero yet? Has Gon killed Pitou?
I'm only on episode 62, and am just wondering how far they've gotten.

Top Bottom