• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

So I'm sure people have asked this before, but what are they going to do when the anime content catches up with the content of the manga? Will they make new content exclusively for the anime? I can't imagine they would just stop, seeing as the anime is super popular.

Also, for those of you who have read the manga (DO NOT LOOK AT THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT. I'm not sure how far the anime is)
Has Meruem beaten Netero yet? Has Gon killed Pitou?
I'm only on episode 62, and am just wondering how far they've gotten.
no

Jigolo

Madhouse will likely drop the series.

The ratings are down big time in Japan since the time slot change anyway. I don't think is worth making something like the original FMA

Yonafunu

Also, for those of you who have read the manga (DO NOT LOOK AT THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT. I'm not sure how far the anime is)
Has Meruem beaten Netero yet? Has Gon killed Pitou?
I'm only on episode 62, and am just wondering how far they've gotten.

Nooo, everybody only just split up. As of the latest episode, Morel is up against Pouf (who's in his cocoon), Gon and Killua are on their way to Pitou, Knuckle just revealed himself to Youpi, Ikalgo just encountered Cheetu and Brovuda and Meruem and Netero left to fight somewhere else.

Nooo, everybody only just split up. As of the latest episode, Morel is up against Pouf (who's in his cocoon), Gon and Killua are on their way to Pitou, Knuckle just revealed himself to Youpi, Ikalgo just encountered Cheetu and Brovuda and Meruem and Netero left to fight somewhere else.

oh ok, well they're still pretty far. I can't want til i get to the chimera ant arc, after reading it a year or two ago I really wanted it to get animated.

kirblar

I took as it as the combination of Gon saying let's go and the look on his face, suggested to Killua that Gon was down for a suicide mission, and he knew it and he couldn't stop it, and that his instinct would help him escape, but Gon would die (hence his fear of leaving Gon to die somewhere that he was told before).

IDK though, I watched again, it's kinda hard to pin down exactly what Killua's words mean. I don't think Killua would hesitate questioning Gon's current plan, he has called him out before, right?
Don't worry, you'll get clarification later on about what specific thing is eating Killua here. He's mistakenly handling Gon with kid gloves because he doesn't have the life experience to realize that he doesn't have to / shouldn't do so and should be straight up with him.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think Killua is sad that Gon isn't a happy carefree butterfly anymore because he was counting on that light to rub off on him since he had the dark assassin past. Or something. Killua should suck it up. He saw what happened to Kite, no shit Gon's pissed.

Episode 35

schwingj4sw2.gif

schwingj4sw2.gif

schwingj4sw2.gif

Einhander

I believe the reason why Killua was taken aback by Gon's stern and focused "let's go" comment was because he has noticed that Gon is turning into a stone cold killer, while Killua has recently left his assassin upbringing behind. He wasn't sure if he should bring it up to Gon, fearing it would affect their friendship.

bronk

Banned
So ive been watching this show non stop for a couple weeks on my ps4 and absolutely love it. I just finished episode 114 and clicked right bumper to skip to next episode and nothing happens. I than realized i hit the end...noooo now i have to wait like everyone else. What a lovely marathon that was. So is there another episode every week? My ps4 has only been used for Crunchyroll, maybe ill play a game now lol.

FluxWaveZ

Hardly the worst.

He's the one showing the most dedication to the king and knew the girl should have been killed
a long time ago regardless of any consequences.

Literally none of that makes me like him better as a character. He's a straight up drama queen, and I hope Morel beats him up real bad.

Blades64

Banned
Just got through the hunter exams...so this is worth continuing?

I know the Hunter Exams is one of the weaker arcs of the series, but with that being said, I still enjoyed the Hunter Exams quite a bit. That's how good this series is. I'm guessing it didn't capture you like that since you're asking?

I would say to go through with it. Heavens Arena Arc is good, and after that with the Yorkshin Arc is when it gets godly.

Soriku

Hunter's Exam is my least favorite arc. It got really good towards the end, but the later arcs are much better.

Popnbake

He's a straight up drama queen, and I hope Morel beats him up real bad.

hunter-x-hunter-pouf-crying-twin-waterfalls-460x258.jpg

His plan would've came crashing down on all the ants. The king would've gone ballistic and most likely killed all the royal guards.

If he killed her before the king became too attached then I doubt there would have been a rampage.
Any royal guards being killed would have been Pouf and their lives only exist for the king's benefit.

The king willingly ripping off his own arm for the girl was a clear sign she was a major threat.

Now he's leaving the presence of the royal guards just to engage an intruder in a 1v1 fight.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tumblr_n05nh1ZeQ51spcm1yo2_r2_250.gif

♪ So let mercy come
And wash away
What I’ve done ♪

tumblr_n05nh1ZeQ51spcm1yo1_250.gif

♫ I'll face myself
To cross out what I’ve become
Erase myself
And let go of what I’ve done ♫

Just got all caught up. This arc is dragging. I'm not sure how much more I can take. I like some of the characters introduced, though. Like the gun-toting koala.

Whats up with the Narrator talking nonstop for 5 minutes about what everyone is doing? And in the Shoot fight, the APR only accelerated 2x in two episodes where its supposed to do so every 10 seconds? Has THAT much happened? It's going slow to the point where I can begin to expect things as theyre slowly explained and reexplained by 2 or 3 different characters.

Shounen.

ZoddGutts

Kill la Kill being that high is a bit of a joke. Series been a disappointment. Anyways good to see HxH made it into the top 10.

vareon

Just got all caught up. This arc is dragging. I'm not sure how much more I can take. I like some of the characters introduced, though. Like the gun-toting koala.

Whats up with the Narrator talking nonstop for 5 minutes about what everyone is doing? And in the Shoot fight, the APR only accelerated 2x in two episodes where its supposed to do so every 10 seconds? Has THAT much happened? It's going slow to the point where I can begin to expect things as theyre slowly explained and reexplained by 2 or 3 different characters.

Shounen.

The ants will win in a prolonged fight, so every second must count to the Hunters. They need to maximize their element of surprise.

Similar thing happened in the Yorkshin Arc, when Gon & Killua are captured by Chrollo (no narrator though).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If a couple more people put it as their #1 it would have been higher. As it is I don't think it would have gotten #8 without my vote due to the points system, so they're right when they say every vote counter. :p

gtmax

I discovered this show just randomly. I started watching like two or three weeks ago and am caught up now. I wasn't sure if the series was still ongoing but i'm glad it's happening in real time. Usually i happen on these things years after they've come out.

I was put off by the drawing of the character and the jovial theme of the first episodes. That didn't last long and I fucking love it. I do hate this Chimera arc though. Can't wait til its over actually. But part of the reason i hate it is that that fucking King and those ants seem so much stronger than the Hunters and i don't want that fucking old man or the Zoldyk grandpa to die.

The best part of this arc for me was the Phantom Troupe's encounter with the ants. Anything with the Phantom Troupe was my favorite part.

I almost want a story arc that focuses on a different character altogether. Also, where's the hell is my boy Leorio?

And if i like this, and please excuse my prudeness, would i enjoy Naruto? I haven't seen it ever but the reviews are amazing.

I discovered this show just randomly. I started watching like two or three weeks ago and am caught up now. I wasn't sure if the series was still ongoing but i'm glad it's happening in real time. Usually i happen on these things years after they've come out.

I was put off by the drawing of the character and the jovial theme of the first episodes. That didn't last long and I fucking love it. I do hate this Chimera arc though. Can't wait til its over actually. But part of the reason i hate it is that that fucking King and those ants seem so much stronger than the Hunters and i don't want that fucking old man or the Zoldyk grandpa to die.

The best part of this arc for me was the Phantom Troupe's encounter with the ants. Anything with the Phantom Troupe was my favorite part.

I almost want a story arc that focuses on a different character altogether. Also, where's the hell is my boy Leorio?

And if i like this, and please excuse my prudeness, would i enjoy Naruto? I haven't seen it ever but the reviews are amazing.
Naruto is decent in the beginning but it my opinion it is nowhere close to as good as this, I say give it a watch if you have the time though I wager your time would be better spent watching something like Yu Yu hakusho if you haven't already

Vecks

I wouldn't say a definite no, but it's not really that similar, aside from the superficial shounen aspects. If you've never watched much shounen, then go for it. My main issue with series like Naruto and Bleach is that it feels like they should have ended a long time ago.

The ants will win in a prolonged fight, so every second must count to the Hunters. They need to maximize their element of surprise.

Similar thing happened in the Yorkshin Arc, when Gon & Killua are captured by Chrollo (no narrator though).

It's expressed very badly in the anime. It seems to drag as bad as Dragon Ball Z at points.

upandaway

The manga had a millisecond clock during the bullet time phase of the invasion (actually it was still around after that too), which I really liked. I wish they'd put that in the anime too.

I guess one positive thing about the manga is that it was subject to our imagination.

In the anime you'd have a period of nonaction slow motion while the narrator explains whats going on. The action was also cut up with scenic imagery and a lot of intense closeups.

While in the manga we can read the narration and the action in the same panel.

Top Bottom