• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Jigolo

First episode I thought was really slow. I love how now Meleron is doing his own thing rather than just sticking with Knuckle. Also the wolf guy is going to just destroy himself, mentally. The guy really has to relax

Also, I feel like Gon is going to do 2 hands Jajaken and just nonstop pound the shit out of Pitou. That guy is pisssssed

In this particular episode the Meleron vs Wolf moment and the Octopus side-plot including more wolf (which let's be honest, it's really less important and not as interesting) took a god amount of minutes, making the episode seem short and slow.
Next one should be better.

Talents

Banned
That face Gon made at the end though, damn. Pretty slow episode, but that's been a trend over the past few weeks. I have a feeling that Gon's gonna get a bit softer once he sees that Pitou is healing someone as Kite pondered before how Gon would react to an Ant who cared about their comrades. Granted Pitou doesn't care for Komugi though.

Yonafunu

It's getting pretty obvious at this point that they're stretching certain scenes to get the episode to end on the best possible point. Annoying.
Next episode will bring the goods though.

FluxWaveZ

Welfin needs to put some pants on or something, damn. If there's anything he should be paranoid about, it's how many people are laughing behind his back because of his sense of fashion.

shira

It's getting pretty obvious at this point that they're stretching certain scenes to get the episode to end on the best possible point. Annoying.
Next episode will bring the goods though.

I think the preview finale shot of
ssj gon
will be the end.

Jigolo

Welfin needs to put some pants on or something, damn. If there's anything he should be paranoid about, it's how many people are laughing behind his back because of his sense of fashion.

lol. He sure does add an interesting dynamic to this whole infiltration.

Here's hoping Ikalgo finds Palm. pls dont be dead palm

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Welfin's pretty damn awesome. Yeah he's kinda a bad guy but at least he's thinking things through and actually, undermining the Ants behind the scenes basically so he's kinda a good guy too.

Also FUCKING GET TO THE FIGHT WITH PITOU ALREADY. I mean Jesus the past five eps have ended on "Oh shit, Gon's gonna confront Pitou next ep!" Sure he's finally done it now but it's stretched to the point of insanity.

I'd probably be kinder if I was marathoning this, but still. Nothing in Yorknew felt like this (and that's why it's still the best arc.)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Welfin's pretty damn awesome. Yeah he's kinda a bad guy but at least he's thinking things through and actually, undermining the Ants behind the scenes basically so he's kinda a good guy too.

Also FUCKING GET TO THE FIGHT WITH PITOU ALREADY. I mean Jesus the past five eps have ended on "Oh shit, Gon's gonna confront Pitou next ep!" Sure he's finally done it now but it's stretched to the point of insanity.

I'd probably be kinder if I was marathoning this, but still. Nothing in Yorknew felt like this (and that's why it's still the best arc.)

Brah dropping truth bombs.

shira

You might wanna skip next week and watch 2 next-next week.

FluxWaveZ

It's funny to me how Killua's grandpa just jumps the hell out of there when the fate of humanity hangs in the balance. He didn't even get to do any assassinating. Guess it's the Zoldyck way to never do something you're good at for free.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
It's funny to me how Killua's grandpa just jumps the hell out of there when the fate of humanity hangs in the balance. He didn't even get to do any assassinating. Guess it's the Zoldyck way to never do something you're good at for free.

I'd just like to bookmark this post so we can talk about it much, much later.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You might wanna skip next week and watch 2 next-next week.

Telling me to go two weeks without HxH...

tumblr_n0hh0o8tOl1sn6k4fo3_400.gif

Something about the pacing of these past few episodes, ever since the attack started, has been really bothering me. I feel like I'm watching DBZ or Attack on Titan all over again. This wasn't an issue before so all of a sudden everything going as slow as it is just makes it all the more jarring.

Next episode looks like I'll finally see Gon do something besides look mad.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Omg the ending sequence of Gon walking in... And then the ending piano song playing without any narration.. Perfect. Next episode is going to be amazing. I really REALLY loved that part in the manga. Let's hope the anime does it justice!!!

Sinistral

I pretty much started, marathoned this and caught up a little over a month ago.. the pacing and teasing now is excruciating! I guess that's what I get for trying to watch an on-going series...

This episode made me chuckle a lot. Thongwolf and his overthinking, his thong, his ammy missiles, lol.

And meleoron walking through the halls made me think of those haters gonna hate walking gifs, haha.

Grandpa just peacing out like whatevs, wtf. Lol.

I understand the pace is slow, but for some reason its not bothering me.

Maffis

Yeah the pacing is slow but atleast the animation is consistent and not like Naruto/Bleach where it turns to shit every other episode.

Why did you guys have to mention Welfin's need of pants/his thong I had read all the manga and gotten to this point in the anime without noticing it before damn it

Yeah, that's why I like Welfin too. Well, that and I'm sorta fond of his design for some reason.

I just love how he's like "fuck physics" by descending so slowly after jumping so fast

Blades64

Banned
Pretty good episode, but I agree with everyone else who is saying that WE NEED TO SEE THIS GON CONFRONTATION ALREADY!

Too much waiting. Ugh...

Shouta

It'll be worth it. Just hold on!

bronk

Banned
I'd advise you to take it slowly. Devouring the series in a few weeks is very, very tempting, but you might as well enjoy the ride (and not know the anguish of waiting weekly for an episode).
Absolutely this! I smashed through them in about 2 weeks and now im suffering waiting every week. :(

Don't worry, if you saw the character, you'll know what their status is by the end of the arc more or less.

Ok cool, I have never read the manga and was starting to get lost with all the ants. Hadn't watched the previous 10 episodes ao went on a binge a couple days ago to catch up and was not sure if I had already seen qhat happens to him.

Top Bottom