• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

kirblar

Yeah, other that the three minutes and twenty-four seconds of recap, plus one minute of new but redundant animation, that was pretty amazing.
They're having some pretty huge pacing issues with this part of the arc due to the original manga jumping around from scene to scene to scene. They definitely stretched this material today as much as they could.

It didn't feel stretched to me. It seemed logical on the progression of what was going on and dealing with the emotion ofmehst happened.

Butterfly boy scenes seem like the stretched out ones if there are any. Just my perspective on it.

Shiiiiiiiiiuut this episode

MASTERFUL

makes you look at both sides differently

Great to see the main protagonist be the one in the dark in a Shonen series
Very rare in common Shonen

Just saw 116. Haven't read any comments yet but wowowowow.

This episode exemplifies why I love this series so much.
No fighting happened but so much happened!!! Wow!!
Character development in this series is amazing. I love how I actually felt fearful for the villains. That's,,,just incredible.

kirblar

It didn't feel stretched to me. It seemed logical on the progression of what was going on and dealing with the emotion ofmehst happened.

Butterfly boy scenes seem like the stretched out ones if there are any. Just my perspective on it.
The Pitou stuff wasn't dragged out- the recap was in order to not have to hyper-extend the confrontation.

Blades64

Banned
Now this is what I would call a GOD TIER episode. It was masterfully done. Everything about it was just excellent.

Also, was that Killua that left at the end? Looked like just cloth flying in the wind to me.

The Pitou stuff wasn't dragged out- the recap was in order to not have to hyper-extend the confrontation.

?

I didn't say the pitou stuff was dragged out? I was just kinda talking to RoyalFool who said he feels the arc is dragging its feet sometimes and you saying they stretched the material today and there is general pacing issues from the manga from jumping scene to scene.

I am just giving my impression of what I am seeing at face value and how it feels to me. I don't have the manga as a point of reference (haven't read it) and what should be where and how things were sliced up.

If this episode was stretched out compared to the manga, then they did a good job in my eyes, because to me as a person that has not read the manga, it didn't feel that way. It felt right and natural and made sense.

In just general terms, lately, to me, the pouf stuff with morel and the hallway scenes with Killua dragged to me and felt like stretching. And maybe those were exactly as they were structured in the manga and made to feel that way, but those scenes dragged to me, faithful to the manga or not.

Just my opinion on what I am seeing, no big deal.

Watched the episode again right now. Loved Gon's anger. Gave me the feels, haha.

kirblar

No, they spent an entirely appropriate amount of time on this confrontation. But in order to get the timing right (since the episode ran short, time wise), they had to make a ridiculously long recap video.

You're right about the hallway bit being stretched- it's just a general issue with this part in order to get the episodes to end at good stopping points. They can't just throw a few chapters together, so there's a lot of compression and lengthening going on to get the series to flow.

Oh, I was never talking about the episode as a whole being stretched to fill the needed time window. I was just talking about the specific scenes and how they felt. I really don't count the intro recap in the flow of the episode, personally. If it's only a 16 minute episode or whatever, so be it. I'll judge it as that. I would rather they make the intro longer that stretch scenes out unnecessarily.

Firehead

WOW that was tense i hope gons voice actor got paid twice for this episode :D
and killua again with the feels T_T

Seriously. The past few episodes have been top notch with delivering the emotion. You could feel how frustrated Gon was. Do they give awards for anime and voice acting? They certainly deserve awards for what they've done.

Was floored by all the internal conflict and emotion. Stunning, really.

FluxWaveZ

Gon's lost his damn mind, man. He even seemed more compelled to seek revenge than even having the possibility to see Kite again during that one moment.

"Killua, I'm asking the questions"? Dude should have slapped Gon right there.

Edit: Best episode in a while. No action, but it obviously doesn't need it in moments like these.

Kind of a pointless episode as plot advanced not even a gram of an inch/meter. As is the case Killua always has the best head on his shoulders and made this something to keep watching. It just kind of showed that he really deserves his own spinoff and such.
Major fault with the writing was making Gon an antagonist in this case and pretty heartless in not even wanting to let Komugi be saved. Komugi proved to be a bad plot point as indicated numerous episodes ago so the recurrence of it here only enhanced the same feelings, and unfortunately Gon's development had to be sacrificed for her sake. At least Togashi did what Togashi does best in making the antagonists actually characters who you do want to see succeed, so to see Killua aligned with the thought of saving an innocent was something worth praise.

Hopefully next episode is actually exciting as a whole.

Blades64

Banned
Kind of a pointless episode as plot advanced not even a gram of an inch/meter. As is the case Killua always has the best head on his shoulders and made this something to keep watching. It just kind of showed that he really deserves his own spinoff and such.
Major fault with the writing was making Gon an antagonist in this case and pretty heartless in not even wanting to let Komugi be saved. Komugi proved to be a bad plot point as indicated numerous episodes ago so the recurrence of it here only enhanced the same feelings, and unfortunately Gon's development had to be sacrificed for her sake. At least Togashi did what Togashi does best in making the antagonists actually characters who you do want to see succeed, so to see Killua aligned with the thought of saving an innocent was something worth praise.

Wha...I can't even...I...

...WHAT?

Whoever does the voice acting for Gon should get an award for this episode. Tense as hell. Everything delivered perfectly.

han-199x300.jpg

Yep she's perfect for Gon.

smurfx

get some go again
yay looks like my fav ant cheetu is back next episode. i've been waiting to see his new power. is he going to fight xeno? :^O

hmm, know that I think about it, is there like an Oscars for anime, or voice acting, or a screen actors guild award and things of this sort.

All I see are these Seiyu Awards or something.

Daingurse

I really thought Gon was about to pop off. Surprised Killua was able to reel him in. Seeing Gon with so much rage . . . Lordie. He's just a kid, I fucking forget that.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
And the wait for Gon to punch the fuck out of Pitou continues.

Obnoxious recap aside, this episode might be my favorite on this arc. But I still have some blue balls.

FIGHT ALREADY

When Gon was starting his Jajanken I was like

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

"Gon I'm a wimpy prissy and wah wah we can't kill Pitou because reason"

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

I wish Gon broke the other arm, and said like something I am holding you to the promise, don't back out. But him saying that is too long, then kneeling there with the dehumanizing/rage stare while waiting was awesome, haha.

Popnbake

Now that was an amazing episode.

Gon with that anger and dark aura. :eek:

Dr.Blythe was creepy to see with those movement animations.
It even blinks. >.>

Salih

I loved the instant changes between raging Gon with so much emotions in his face and in his voice and calm Gon with his cold blooded dead looking eyes which are a sight to behold.

great ep.

the sign of a true excellent epiosde

Mortemis

Banned
Goddamn, I must have lungs like Gon since it felt like I was holding my breath the entire episode. So damn intense. The inner struggle in Gon was great, and the voice acting was award-winning like some said. The OST in this episode was something else too. It's just way too easy to give this episode a 10/10. Loved it.

Well they had to try and make Gon human. Nobody thinks rationally when they're emotional, that's human nature. But seeing him not smiling or being super positive is a nice change of pace.

upandaway

We've never really seen Hisoka in a fair fight, have we?
All of Hisoka's fights so far have been fair. His weapon is psych and deception, that's how he rolls. If this Gon tried fighting him, I don't think there will be enough frames per second in the show for the amount of times he gets tricked.

Mortemis

Banned
Are you saying she's the voice actor for Gon? Wow. Had no idea it was a woman. Although I shouldn't be that surprised since women do voices for men in anime a lot.

Not many guy voice actors can sound like a 13/14 year old, and from what I know the ones that do are like Kaji Yuki, and, um... yeah. Most men in anime are voiced by men, but for pre-teen/teenagers women are usually do the voice acting.

CrazyDude

Not many guy voice actors can sound like a 13/14 year old, and from what I know the ones that do are like Kaji Yuki, and, um... yeah. Most men in anime are voiced by men, but for pre-teen/teenagers women are usually do the voice acting.

There are cases where the "cool" kid characters are voiced by men.

Top Bottom