• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Fucking AMAZING episode. Mad House did this part of the manga justice. Wonderful performances from the voice actors as well. It totally hits you hard because as a reader/watcher you know how bad Gon feels in terms of his rage, which was animated beautifully and it still shows his kid side by getting emotional about it by saying it isn't fair. So fucking perfect. God. What an episode.

Jigolo

Question:

I thought Gon already knew Kite was dead...so how exactly is Pitou going to heal him? Does he mean dispel him from her nen control? I know she's using her nen technique to control him.

If this is answered later then don't bother posting manga spoilers. I'm just hoping it isn't a mistranslation or something.

Question:

I thought Gon already knew Kite was dead...so how exactly is Pitou going to heal him? Does he mean dispel him from her nen control? I know she's using her nen technique to control him.

If this is answered later then don't bother posting manga spoilers. I'm just hoping it isn't a mistranslation or something.

I just thought he assumed
that she's controlling him. He seemed to be deadset on saving him from her from the start though I might've missed the line he acknowledges he's dead

Jigolo

I just thought he assumed
that she's controlling him. He seemed to be deadset on saving him from her from the start though I might've missed the line he acknowledges he's dead
I'm pretty sure Gon realized when he met face to face with Kite.
Both that he's dead and being controlled. If you go back to the episode and listen to what everyone was thinking about Kites movements; how they are predictable and follow a certain pattern.
I believe it was episode 95

It was never stated but I'm 99% sure he knew.
The only theory I can think of now is that he wants her to stop controlling him for a proper burial.

I could be totally wrong though.

Question:

It's partly that he believes Kite is just being nen controlled and mostly that he is in extreme denial.

Kind of funny looking back on the Yorknew arc when Gon made it clear to Paku that he didn't want Kurapika to be driven by revenge. Now look at him!

The Spiders would probably be more fucked if Gon was the one after them.

Vecks

Question:

I won't spoil anything, but I just assume there was no way for Gon to confirm whether or not Pitou could somehow restore Kite. Killua may just be saying it as a way to protect Komugi. And Gon at this point is probably so blinded by despair and rage that he can't think straight and will cling to any hope.

Kyuur

Question:

It is not mistranslated and your questions will be answered later.

Blades64

Banned
Kind of funny looking back on the Yorknew arc when Gon made it clear to Paku that he didn't want Kurapika to be driven by revenge. Now look at him!

The Spiders would probably be more fucked if Gon was the one after them.

Your right.

Man, Pitou is my favorite Royal Guard (and the one I believe to be the strongest). It's so strange seeing her/him/it in such a vulnerable state. For some reason, throughout this whole cluter of tenseness, I was thinking that I don't want her to die.

With the way Gon is right now, I think even with her nen, Gon would put up a crazy good fight and may even win...

The wait for next week is already killing me.

upandaway

I'm pretty sure Gon realized when he met face to face with Kite.
Both that he's dead and being controlled. If you go back to the episode and listen to what everyone was thinking about Kites movements; how they are predictable and follow a certain pattern.
I believe it was episode 95

It was never stated but I'm 99% sure he knew.
The only theory I can think of now is that he wants her to stop controlling him for a proper burial.

I could be totally wrong though.
No one who read the manga can answer you but I can offer what I thought originally when I read it. The only possibilities I could think of (from Gon's perspective):
- Gon wants Pitou to dismiss Kite (and he assumes killing Pitou won't do that), meaning Kite's perfectly alive
- Gon wants Pitou to use Doctor Blythe to heal Kite in some way, whether he's alive or dead
- Gon's clinging to the tiniest bit of hope that Pitou has/knows something he doesn't know of that can solve this entire situation regarding Kite, clean (basically irrational wishful thinking)

all of them seem logical enough to me

- Gon's clinging to the tiniest bit of hope that Pitou has/knows something he doesn't know of that can solve this entire situation regarding Kite, clean (basically irrational wishful thinking)
Given Gon's stubbornness/naivety, I think this is it.

I mean, look at how hopeful he was after they escaped Pitou for the first time. "We're going to save Kite, I'm sure he's alive! :)"... then we see Pitou holding Kite's head.

It always amazed me how this part of the series managed to make Pitou look like the good guy due to Gon's rage.

Also Pitou is my second favourite guard (after Youpi) so at this point in the manga I was genuinely rooting for him since Gon started to feel like a tyrant lol.

Jigolo

Yeah it could be interpreted in many ways at this point for anime only viewers. He could just be desperate for a way to save Kite even he's
already dead
and its completely unrealistic thinking. Like upandaway said Gon is probably hanging on to a glimmer of hope. Doesn't want to face reality.

My guess is when he has to face that reality that she can't really do anything about Kite, he's going to flip like he did in today's episode.

upandaway

It always amazed me how this part of the series managed to make Pitou look like the good guy due to Gon's rage.

Also Pitou is my second favourite guard (after Youpi) so at this point in the manga I was genuinely rooting for him since Gon started to feel like a tyrant lol.
Killua being right behind Gon really sealed that feeling. If it weren't for Killua, I might have been on Gon's side in that exchange, but with Killua it was clear Gon wasn't being straight there. Crazy how that works.

I'd even go as far as saying if Killua wasn't there, I might have been fine with Gon considering potentially sacrificing Komugi. I mean Pitou really is pretty evil.

rexor0717

I know it would diminish all the build-up, but if Gon's rage punch doesn't cut someone in half immediately, I'll be a bit disappointed.

Popnbake

I mean Pitou really is pretty evil.

What? The only things Pitou did was use needles on that hunter's (forgot his name)
brain to learn about nen and then use Kite as a tool to teach ants how to use it.

Pitou even let Gon and Killua escape from their first encounter.

The other ants would have hunted those kids down for fun after killing Kite.

upandaway

What? The only things Pitou did was use needles on that hunter's (forgot his name)
brain to learn about nen and then use Kite as a tool to teach ants how to use it.

The other ants would have hunted those kids down for sport after killing Kite.
The Selection in general is pure evil from the perspective of humans. You're right that Pitou isn't especially antagonistic compared to the other ants, didn't say otherwise.

Yeah it could be interpreted in many ways at this point for anime only viewers. He could just be desperate for a way to save Kite even he's
already dead
and its completely unrealistic thinking. Like upandaway said Gon is probably hanging on to a glimmer of hope. Doesn't want to face reality.

My guess is when he has to face that reality that she can't really do anything about Kite, he's going to flip like he did in today's episode.

I am wondering, if it's unrealistic thing, does Killua actually have that sliver of hope? He seems like the guy who would face facts on that situation.

Either he is showing weakness/sympathy for the 2, or using it to control Gon as they have a chip to control pitou if he doesn't kill her right there and make her do what they want. As Gon is raging out of control, haha.

There's no way Neferpitou will be able to "fix" Kite in the way that Gon would want.
Looking forward to see how it will all go down.

That was definitely a very powerful performance by Gon's VA. Absolutely raw and unrestrained. She really captured Gon's emotional state--and its changes--perfectly in my opinion. It gave the episode a completely different feel than what I would have expected this show to be capable of.

Soriku

Good episode and some nice faces all around. I liked how Gon kept phasing in and out of Super Saiyan mode lol. After the hour I wonder if Pitou will try to fight him earnestly.

I don't know if I missed it, but where did Gon get this sorta power from? He must be really confident in his own power if he thinks he can stand up to Pitou. Wasn't he incapacitated for a while before?

Rootbeer

Banned
I totally loved it of course... but seriously? A 3 min and 22 second RECAP before the ep? That's some serious padding for a show that airs weekly. They need to cut that shit out.

Also I see they are incorporating music from the second movie now!

Trevelyon

Yeah, that's some real Toei bullshit right thurr.

I don't know if I missed it, but where did Gon get this sorta power from? He must be really confident in his own power if he thinks he can stand up to Pitou. Wasn't he incapacitated for a while before?

It's a lot of that typical deeper well of rage shonen power stuff, but, there's certainly larger things at play here, especially considering the nature of 'nen' and things that one might be able to apply to oneself if the desire was such (Gon's fragile mental state being that)

Won't go deep into that stuff, but it's just the tip of iceberg.

Fox1304

He's willing to five everything up for this power. And since nen depends a LOT on conditions and willpower, it'll allow him to tap in an incredible power for this special moment.

wildfire

Banned

The clincher was that line when she states she wants to save her to allow the king going on being himself. Her previous line about only saving a Komogi because she values the king's wishes more than her Komogi's life was pretty cold but with that last line she sees inherent value in Komogi and has some respect for.

It's nice contrast over the other 2 royal guards. Pouf at this point sees the best way to protect the king is to kill off Komogi. Youpie is fairly ambivalent about her even after the king previously ripped off his own arm.

The other ants would have hunted those kids down for fun after killing Kite.

The Selection in general is pure evil from the perspective of humans. You're right that Pitou isn't especially antagonistic compared to the other ants, didn't say otherwise.

You guys are giving her a little too much credit. The narration dialogue makes it fairly clear the Royal Guard have an intense instinct to protect the King at all costs. Pitou is blood thirsty like Youpie but all 3 of them will not pointlessly remove themselves from a defensive posture around the king unless commanded to do so.

Even when that does happen they show the most rebellious attitude at that point.

LogicStep

Gon seriously went off too hard on Killua. He hurt his feelings T_T, so much rage that he forgot to filter his thoughts. That "It's so easy for you, you're perfectly calm since you don't care about this." Wow man, just wow. I'm sure once he calms down he'll apologize.

Yonafunu

Gon seriously went off too hard on Killua. He hurt his feelings T_T, so much rage that he forgot to filter his thoughts. That "It's so easy for you, you're perfectly calm since you don't care about this." Wow man, just wow. I'm sure once he calms down he'll apologize.

That'll take a while, 'cause Killua seems to have bailed.

Trevelyon

I did like the observation that Shoot makes about Killua almost 'fading away', prior to them entering the palace. The dynamics and carefree nature of their friendship, especially the traits that have seemed to pacified Killua over the course of the journey seems to be in flux. The situation has been so bleak and just dark with Gon's thirst for revenge consuming him, that Killua is just seems to be fading.

LogicStep

I wonder why it hit Killua so hard. Does he care about Kite? As much as Gon? I think he's doing all of this for Gon, risking his life etc. Did he get hurt because he does care but just because he's calm, he has much more experience, Gon said what he said and he was hurt by his doubt? I'm guessing that since Killua said that Gon himself said they had to get Kite back no matter what. I'm trying to understand what's going through his mind. Also, I think Kite can be brought back, Dr. Blythe seems pretty powerful of an ability.

Jigolo

I don't know,
bringing back from the dead seems rather
hax.

Let's hope this 1 hour happens as fast as the 30 days happened without nen. I wouldn't mind the next 2 episodes focusing on Netero and Morel solely. I'm dying to see what kind of techniques their opponents have.

LogicStep

I don't know,
bringing back from the dead seems rather
hax.

Let's hope this 1 hour happens as fast as the 30 days happened without nen. I wouldn't mind the next 2 episodes focusing on Netero and Morel solely. I'm dying to see what kind of techniques their opponents have.

If Pitou then says that he can't heal Kite back to normal, heads are gonna roll.

wildfire

Banned
That'll take a while, 'cause Killua seems to have bailed.

I think he left the moment Gon agreed to the hour time limit. No point wasting time there when Youpi and the other ants have to be dealt with. I'm guessing he will end up supporting Shoot because getting down in to the basement is time consuming and doesn't seem to be as critical. It will be interesting to see what decision he makes but I would like to get back to the Pouf Morel fight as well.

Yonafunu

I think he left the moment Gon agreed to the hour time limit. No point wasting time there when Youpi and the other ants have to be dealt with. I'm guessing he will end up supporting Shoot because getting down in to the basement is time consuming and doesn't seem to be as critical. It will be interesting to see what decision he makes but I would like to get back to the Pouf Morel fight as well.

I love the way it was shot, btw. I mean, I've read the manga, and it still hit me when you see that Killua is gone. It's probably also because he doesn't want to waste time, but damn does it hit hard when you notice that Killua actually left without saying anything.

Rootbeer

Banned
Not many guy voice actors can sound like a 13/14 year old, and from what I know the ones that do are like Kaji Yuki, and, um... yeah. Most men in anime are voiced by men, but for pre-teen/teenagers women are usually do the voice acting.

13/14 would be hard enough, but they are actually still 12. this was reconfirmed earlier in the arc right after gon "dumped" Palm and the narrator mentioned his age. Killua may be slightly older, but it would only be by some weeks or months.

Some wikis quote them as being 14, i'm not sure where that info comes from. I'm doubtful that much time has passed.

I really like the voices for gon and killua in this series. Actually, I like all of the voices :p I'm worried about the Netero replacement voice, if that needs to happen down the road. Because his voice is boss.

The episode I've been waiting for, when both human and monster swap roles. Who knew that 20 minutes of a 12 year old demanding a cat boy fight him could go so fast? What started as an incredibly weak, mediocre adaptation has gotten stronger since. Changing it to a late night slot was a smart idea. lol.

dan2026

1392213944600.jpg

:)

Palabrah

I love the way it was shot, btw. I mean, I've read the manga, and it still hit me when you see that Killua is gone. It's probably also because he doesn't want to waste time, but damn does it hit hard when you notice that Killua actually left without saying anything.
He's realized that there wasn't anything left to say. Wow that ep was fucking great and went quick

Top Bottom