• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Yonafunu

I am really hoping they tone down the narrator though... I swear he has had more lines in the last few episodes then any other character @_@ (though I suppose the most recent ep was better about it... after we got away from the real action)

i'm just sick and tired of hearing every scene that I can see described by the narrator, the inner monologues in general done by him, and him hinting at stuff to come and at times spoiling the end of a fight before the fight was resolved. (I didn't think killa would defeat the guy but you don't need to explain the character was going to eventually learn how to do something after the fight)

I've debated to check the manga to see if the narrator is as obnoxiously used there as well.... but i fear if I crack open the manga I might not stop with my checking and just continue on... which since I am watching this show with my wife is not something I want to do lol.

The amount of narration will decrease pretty drastically starting next week, so you're in luck. The narrator will only pop up in certain scenes, he's not everywhere anymore.
Next episode should have no narration at all, for example.

zulux21

The amount of narration will decrease pretty drastically starting next week, so you're in luck. The narrator will only pop up in certain scenes, he's not everywhere anymore.
Next episode should have no narration at all, for example.

I'll save you the trouble. The anime is pretty much 1:1 with the manga.

heh, thanks for the responses. I am glad to hear he won't be around as much. I kind of figured it might be a 1:1 with the manga case as with anime where they could take the time to animate most of what he was saying there was no real reason to use him so much unless he was part of the manga.

Mumei

I'm up to episode 92, and things have become quite intense. I'm feeling the teensiest bit uncomfortable with the power creep;
I don't want to see the villains become so powerful that the protagonists or their allies have to receive increases in power that defy disbelief based on their age or levels of Nen previously achieved by humans, or to see resolutions that feel too ass-pulled (though my tolerance for ass-pulls can be pretty high depending on Awesomeness). Granted, Netero did say that he's less than half as strong as he was at his peak, so we still haven't come close to the upper limits of what humans are capable of.

But I'm loving the violence, the willingness to kill characters, and the sense of unease. Oh, and Knuckle is fantastic. I wasn't sure I would like him, since I've read comparisons to Kuwabara (whom I dislike), but he's a lot of fun and has a really interesting ability.

upandaway

I'm up to episode 92, and things have become quite intense. I'm feeling the teensiest bit uncomfortable with the power creep;
I don't want to see the villains become so powerful that the protagonists or their allies have to receive increases in power that defy disbelief based on their age or levels of Nen previously achieved by humans, or to see resolutions that feel too ass-pulled (though my tolerance for ass-pulls can be pretty high depending on Awesomeness). Granted, Netero did say that he's less than half as strong as he was at his peak, so we still haven't come close to the upper limits of what humans are capable of.

But I'm loving the violence, the willingness to kill characters, and the sense of unease. Oh, and Knuckle is fantastic. I wasn't sure I would like him, since I've read comparisons to Kuwabara (whom I dislike), but he's a lot of fun and has a really interesting ability.
When Knuckle started spewing math like a calculator, it blew my mind. I love that guy.

Peco

My man. <3

Jigolo

PVuQoBN.gif

AdmHq6x.gif

lp44Cve.gif

DMd2SHI.gif

LDy9eWm.gif

Daingurse

Killua fucking popped off, and it was glorious. He was on a completely different level with that God Speed. SSJ2 Gohan indeed.

Ikalgo however, disappointed me greatly. He just couldn't do what needed to be done.

Really like Brovado's design a lot.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've just watched episode 111.

Holy shit.

This is basically the most intense shounen arc ever created.

Edit: Now I'm halfway through 112. Not even Breaking Bad had me sitting this close to the TV.

Killua fucking popped off, and it was glorious. He was on a completely different level with that God Speed. SSJ2 Gohan indeed.

Ikalgo however, disappointed me greatly. He just couldn't do what needed to be done.

Really like Brovado's design a lot.

Speaking of which I really love his name for some reason.

When Knuckle started spewing math like a calculator, it blew my mind. I love that guy.

What's even weirder is that APR's ability of adding compound interest of nen is something I'm learning in school right now.

Whoever said learning about math in school wouldn't get you anywhere is wrong

Mumei

I've caught up! :)

Now I'm torn between ignoring the show until I fall dozens of episodes behind, or whether I should suffer with the rest of you through the slow pacing.

Decisions, decisions.

Brazil

Now I'm torn between ignoring the show until I fall dozens of episodes behind, or whether I should suffer with the rest of you through the slow pacing.

Decisions, decisions.

I just caught up too. Personally, I've learned to deal with Toei's One Piece bullshit on a weekly basis, so I'm guessing the pacing won't be a problem in HxH.

Yonafunu

Decisions, decisions.

New episode's tonight, so you might as well watch this one with us.

Brazil

Why's that?

The pacing becomes even worse than it was during Fishman Island, and most of the arc isn't interesting at all. Thankfully now that
Dressrosa
is on, things are bound to get a lot better.

But I'm going off-topic here!

Can't wait for the new episode tonight.

TheChits

Okay, so shit is somehow getting more and more real.
Knov with the save!!! So glad that Shoot seems to live since I was really concerned after last week. I have absolutely no clue what Gon is about to do now that he is in a room with two royal guards.
Holy shit I love this show.

Kyuur

Great episode and very well paced. Just to let you anime folks, as a manga reader, we are past most of the badly paced stuff. Most episodes should be just as packed as this one. :) So if it felt like it was kind of dragging and you were not keeping up, now would be a good time to start watching again.

I would have loved to see Morel, Knuckle and Shoot all fight Youpi at once. Their experience together really showed in this episode with just Knuckle and Morel. Imagine if he had his pipe.

Yonafunu

I just said that preview, nothing specific. I do not want to spoil anything for any of you brehs

I know, I was just joking :)

It's no problem for me either way, I've read the manga. But most people here don't watch the previews, for good reason.
Some of the spoilers they've put in there in the past are ridiculous.

I know, I was just joking :)

It's no problem for me either way, I've read the manga. But most people here don't watch the previews, for good reason.
Some of the spoilers they've put in there in the past are ridiculous.

:) It was hard to tell. Some people go ape shit over the tiniest perceived hint of spoilers.

Anyway, the preview for me as someone who has read the manga got me hyped.

Yonafunu

:) It was hard to tell. Some people go ape shit over the tiniest perceived hint of spoilers.

Anyway, the preview for me as someone who has read the manga got me hyped.

Same here, I've been looking forward something that's coming next episode.

But that's enough about next week, this episode was great!

Pouf saying thank you a lot was creepy as hell. A good thing this episode did was show you where people were and what they were doing at the time by using Pouf's recon ability. I love it with a narrative allows something like that. It makes it feel cohesive.

Oh man, I've read the manga so I already know what's going to happen in the next episode, but I still can't wait for it anyway.

This week's episode was great as well, I love Pouf's ability.

The episode could have been much better. There was no plot development with this glacial pacing. Too much time was wasted on the citizen of the country and his fear of needing to escape as well as too much time on Poufs explanation and then Youpi, which we've gotten tired of this tenth episode in a row with him still using the same dull physical moves.

Jigolo

That was good, that was damn good.

I'm glad everyone is getting intertwined and I'm glad
Knov
returned.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Episode was great but the narrator explaining things AGAIN was a bit annoying ("It could be said Morel made the right choice...")

I liked that this ep gave time to basically every character (except the King/Netero.) The ending is pretty hype but it makes me kinda scared that Gon won't get 1 on 1 time with Pitou.

Also, um, this might be me forgetting things again but WTF was up with the "human" in the cocoon or whatever? Was that introduced before this episode?

CrimsonN0

Episode was great but the narrator explaining things AGAIN was a bit annoying ("It could be said Morel made the right choice...")

I liked that this ep gave time to basically every character (except the King/Netero.) The ending is pretty hype but it makes me kinda scared that Gon won't get 1 on 1 time with Pitou.

Also, um, this might be me forgetting things again but WTF was up with the "human" in the cocoon or whatever? Was that introduced before this episode?

Well, I'm pretty sure the cocoon thing was the plan for all the hypnotized humans brought to the city, though, that was interupted.
However, there does happen to be a human that went missing more recently.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Reading this thread without actually watching the anime is interesting. Case in point: IIRC the manga has the exact same problem around this arc

Jigolo

Yeah, that wasn't introduced until this episode. I'm curious. Guys it's safe to read up to 2/3 of 286.

Damn I chance this every week but I love seeing the differences and the shitty art. I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass one of these weeks. :s

Top Bottom