• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New japanese releases sale numbers

bloke

Paper Mario 2 GC 92,129 54%
Tenchu Kurenai PS2 47,029 39,6%
Boktai 2 GBA 24,857 52%
Fullmetal Alchemist: Omoide no Sonata GBA? 22,429 23,9%
Gradius V PS2 19,520 43,8%

source:syobo online

Memles

Seemingly solid sales for both PM2 and Boktai...Boktai will likely end up at around 40k maybe, PM2 at about 250 or so. Not too bad at all. Wonder how Hardware Sales will do.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
~90-100K in sales in one day is very good for PM2.

I really hope NOA does some kind of a PM1 disc. They probably won't but it would be nice. I never played it.

Looks like a very successfull first day for PM2 then. Maybe 160-170k for it's first week total, very similar to Pikmin 2 opening.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
JC10001 said:
~90-100K in sales in one day is very good for PM2.

I really hope NOA does some kind of a PM1 disc. They probably won't but it would be nice. I never played it.
I third this. I think Paper Mario is the only U.S. N64 release that I wanted to play, but never got to.

Also, I wonder if PM2 is going to have any effect on GC's lately-abysmal Japanese hardware sales?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
wazoo said:
You are allowed to reship the game. It is only 54% of the first shipment.
But do they? Do any publishers get a second shipment out there during a game's first week?

cvxfreak

Paper Mario 2's chances of raising system sales are fairly considerable - the enjoyment plus pack + was released on the same day.

puck1337

SolidSnakex said:
It's only its first day sales so it seems to be on track for what Nintendo wants considering it sold 54% of the shipment.
Oh, I know. I just wanted to see huge numbers in Japan for a change. I wasn't really expecting anything better than this.

NWO

CVXFREAK said:
Paper Mario 2's chances of raising system sales are fairly considerable - the enjoyment plus pack + was released on the same day.

They better get a boost because Japan sales suck when the highlights are seeing if the Xbox can top the PS1 sales.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Damn thats good for PM2's first day. i hope it sells very well, Nintendo could do with it.

Top Bottom