• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Killzone Impressions

Pug

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56566

So-So impressions from Eurogamer. The game is very difficult, similar in play to Rainbow Six. Each level is sparsley populated with enemies who have incredible accuracy. They are impressed with the enemy AI. Graphically they are not impressed, but overall reckon this is the hardest FPS for any console.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
DaCocoBrova said:
How could they not be impressed w/ the visuals?

Yes, the graphics look very presentable in the screenshots, but actually in the 'flesh' don't really have the wow factor you might have been anticipating. It's a very gritty, grainy, dark approach that's by no means unattractive (and in some respects suit the premise), but it won't have your eyes bulging out of your head wondering how they managed to drag such trickery out of the PS2. There's little in the way of lighting effects, very little in terms of physics routines (enemies slump down dead convincingly, panes of glass crack and smash and the odd water cooler gets knocked asunder, but that's about it), texture detail isn't up to a great deal, the outdoor foliage could be better and the frame rate appears to be around the 30 mark. On top of that, so far we've seen just one enemy in the opening three sections of the game over 12 levels - and unless there's a bit more variation, we're slightly concerned as to how the single-player facet of the game will hold our interest.

Like that?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
eurogamer said:
There must be a good reason why Sony has, until now, stayed well clear of producing a first person shooter in the last ten years.

wasn't disruptor on psx sony published? though i don't know if that came out in europe. and didn't psygnosis do a fps? tenka or something? that'd be sony published, wouldn't it?

oh, and killzone looks poo.

edit: turns out disruptor wasn't sony at all. oh well. could've sworn it was.

Mustang said:
The name given the game by a bunch of dellusional fanoys.

No. All of you guys misunderstood. There's a series of furry animals in the game. Individually, they're called Halite, but as a group they're referred to as Halo. Anyway, your job is to hunt them down and destroy them.

Thus the "Halo Killer" moniker. Just a big misunderstanding really.

ced

Im certainly wanting to try it, since Im not expecting something amazing doubt it will disappoint.

It looks like its a Nov 2 release now, which is suicide, and yet another title in Nov. Who knows, I may not pick it up now, If it were early Oct I would. No reason to buy it the week before Halo.

teepo

ok.. this preview actually just made me more intrested. i love games like these and i deff want to play as the stealth char now

Forsete

teepo said:
ok.. this preview actually just made me more intrested. i love games like these and i deff want to play as the stealth char now

Same here. Seems very refreshing. I'am tired of all these run-and-gun games. RS:RS on PC is one of my fav FPS games.

It's a very gritty, grainy, dark approach that's by no means unattractive (and in some respects suit the premise)

I welcome this. No more glowing green motorcross armour. :D

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Forsete said:
I welcome this. No more glowing green motorcross armour. :D

For the record, Master Chief's "armor" is an exoskeleton, doesn't glow and sure as hell wasn't designed for motocross use.

ced

That says no surround sound support, that sucks.

Also I cant be the only one concerned with difficulty due to overly accurate foes, that doesnt sound fun. I mean guys that hide behind walls, poke out and shoot with deadly accuracy is far from fun.

Top Bottom