• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metroid Prime 2 Trailer, Lovely Music :)

Eric-GCA

Banned
I'd assume so, it most definately sounds like his style. I can't wait to hear his full score for the game, he really did an awesome job with Prime 1.

Eric-GCA said:
I'd assume so, it most definately sounds like his style. I can't wait to hear his full score for the game, he really did an awesome job with Prime 1.

And lets not forget Super Metroid he :p

Memles

So fucking tempted to watch this...but I'm putting myself on (my first ever) media ban. I am watching no more media on Prime 2 until I get the Bonus Disc, at which point I will then watch nothing else until Christmas.

Fuck, this sucks already.

AniHawk

I always enjoyed the music of Metroid Prime, even though I didn't like the gameplay.

The more I see of this game, the more I'm interested.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Oh yeah, its nice seeing the Space Jump/Screw Attack in use at the begining of the trailer. Makes me wonder if they'll need the grappling beam?

Eric-GCA

Banned
Damn, I'm listening to the music too much now, I better stop otherwise I'll never get it out of my head. And I'm amazed that most, if not all the footage shown is more or less stuff that has already been seen. I hope they keep it that way, so as that the vast majority of the game will be unseen and fresh when it finally is released in November.

And I'm still noticing all the new effects like smoke which is most prevalent at the end of the trailer with those freaky wormy thingies.

Eric-GCA

Banned
I don't know since I'm unsure as how IGN goes about making their trailers. It has the IGN "watermark" at the bottom corner, but don't they always put that thing on all their media?

I'd think its a trailer given to IGN by Retro, but I doubt its something "official" that Nintendo themselves put out.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yay for more 3rd person action in Echoes. I would have enjoyed Prime so much more if it had more 3rd person sections. That was some awesome action, I think I'm going to love the new puzzle ideas they got going on.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Its definately my most anticipated game this year (Half Life 2 is probably dead even though), and I hope that the November deadline gives Retro all the time they need to implement all the designs that they believe will make the game great.

This game will be equivilant to countless sleepless nights. The first Prime truly affected me, it caused my conciousness to shift. This one is shaping up to truly crystalize the Metroid ethos; the unnamable name of gaming goodness now resides with Retro; along with a select few(Paper Maio 2, Halo 2, HL2) Echoes is topping my list of gaming goodies this winter.

And you know what's going to piss me off? If Echoes gets a lower score than Prime...It seriously looks like it's improving upon Prime in countless ways. More action, better story, better graphics, multiplayer, and all the stuff we loved from Prime. But you know it's going to get a lower score because it's not as "groundbreaking" as the first, even though it's better. Sequelitis sucks.

ToyMachine228 said:
And you know what's going to piss me off? If Echoes gets a lower score than Prime...It seriously looks like it's improving upon Prime in countless ways. More action, better story, better graphics, multiplayer, and all the stuff we loved from Prime. But you know it's going to get a lower score because it's not as "groundbreaking" as the first, even though it's better. Sequelitis sucks.

you don't know that you. The Metroid games on gba both play well and both scored well.

ps. I think Multiplayer will enable mPe to have more sales - you bring a mate over, get them to play it; they think "awesome".. sales +1

AniHawk

ToyMachine228 said:

True. Much like how Skies of Arcadia Legends > Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue II > Shenmue, and The Lost Age > Golden Sun.

I have a feeling I'll actually enjoy the game a lot more than Prime, just because of the inclusion of multiplayer alone.

cvxfreak

The wow factor was strong with Metroid Prime, but I think Echoes will make it quite well. It may even make the top 20 of all time.

Mashing

I just love the music in Metroid games... it's one of the only pieces of music I can just listen to and visualize the Metroid atompshere in my head. That's the mark of great music.

from the one media I saw a long time ago. The fact that MP:E has a multi missle lock on; bringing it one step towards the stellar wonder that is REZ/PD/Bangaio means it is

GOTY!

Eric-GCA

Banned
Wow, I keep forgetting about the multiplayer mode, for some reason I didn't get a chance to try it out at E3 (was having too much fun playing the single-player demo), but from the chatter around me, it sounded like those who were engaging in it found it quite entertaining.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
HOLY SHIT. That was amazing. I've never seen such detail in a game. The gameplay looks just as awesome as the first.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Whats always nice about an upcoming game is knowing how excited the developers themselves are about it. At E3 I talked with a few Retro guys and they were pretty happy about what they had to show, as well as what was on the way.

It was funny hearing them talk a bit about Resident Evil 4 which was shown in the booth's next to theirs. They were like "how the hell did Capcom make it so pretty!". Still, I commended them for their game not being shabby looking either. :)

Kon Tiki

Banned
Grizzlyjin said:
Yay for more 3rd person action in Echoes. I would have enjoyed Prime so much more if it had more 3rd person sections. That was some awesome action, I think I'm going to love the new puzzle ideas they got going on.

You know you can roll around in the ball 90% of the time, right?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Society said:
You know you can roll around in the ball 90% of the time, right?

Yeah, but its not the same as having 3rd person jumping sections. Personally I would have liked it more if you could shoot in 3rd person as well, or at least having an option for a 3rd person view. But thats just me.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Man, three months sure seems like a long time to wait, though at least my second favorite GameCube title will be coming in October (PM2), so, hopefully Half Life 2 will ship in September so it will keep me occupied for that month.

Man, I can't stop watching this, it just makes me smile too much. I too hope that IGN doesn't give it a lower score just because it ain't "new" anymore.

Man...damnit. I bought a cube for prime...loved the hell out of it (probably my favorite game this gen), and then promptly sold it. I really don't wanna have to buy one again for prime 2....

MaddenNFL64

morbidaza said:
Man...damnit. I bought a cube for prime...loved the hell out of it (probably my favorite game this gen), and then promptly sold it. I really don't wanna have to buy one again for prime 2....

Well, as a unoffical spokesman for Nintendo :)p), i'd like you to buy it, but theres probably a place near you that rents out consoles. Rent the GC, and the game when it comes out, and have yourself a few days of great gaming :).

Sagitario

Memles said:
So fucking tempted to watch this...but I'm putting myself on (my first ever) media ban. I am watching no more media on Prime 2 until I get the Bonus Disc, at which point I will then watch nothing else until Christmas.

Fuck, this sucks already.

Me too... :(

Top Bottom