• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

ctfg23

lint free micro fiber cloth and compressed air. apply the protectors in a clean and steamed bathroom. spray the compressed air across the screen in quick bursts. do not spray the ain directly on the screen or in for extended periods, it can cause discoloration to plastics.
Thanks!
Just noticed this on mine...

There's light bleeding through the edge of the bottom screen when looking at it at a certain angle.

Can you guys check yours to see if it does the same please.

F0zFrE6.jpg
Mine does this on the the bottom of the screen.

dcx4610

Does the Super Stable 3D bother anyone else?

I noticed after about 30 minutes of playing for the first time I felt a little sick. My eyes can see the shift in 3D and I guess that messes with the eyes. I'm really impressed with the face tracking but unfortunately, just like the last 3DS, I'm just going to turn off 3D.

Mind was a week before yours and I don't have a date yet. Do you?

I'd assume our will be no earlier than April

Yeah thats ridiculous I think I will just end up ordering it from Best Buy and see what happens when you pre order an accessory do you get it delivered the same day its released..I know that is what happened with Monster Hunter 4 3DS..I got it the day it was released by mail

dcx4610

For those looking for a decent pouch locally for their New 3DS, Gamestop has these for $10.99 and it does the job.

81m-uBQ%2BHFL._SX522_.jpg

81wIHQ%2BcZlL._SX522_.jpg

I noticed after about 30 minutes of playing for the first time I felt a little sick. My eyes can see the shift in 3D and I guess that messes with the eyes. I'm really impressed with the face tracking but unfortunately, just like the last 3DS, I'm just going to turn off 3D.

If I purchase mine tomorrow, I feel that's the path I'm going to go, too. I'm not really into the 3D stuff like some are since it can strain the hell out of my eyes.

I got a headache after playing for a few hours the first day I had mine, but I've been fine since. Granted I haven't spent more than an hour or two at a time since. The 3D effect is great.

dcx4610

If I purchase mine tomorrow, I feel that's the path I'm going to go, too. I'm not really into the 3D stuff like some are since it can strain the hell out of my eyes.

I was pretty excited for the Super Stable 3D since on the original, it was really easy to lose the effect unless you held the system perfectly still and didn't shift your eyes.

With the new 3D, you can move your head, shift your eyes, etc. but I guess I'm sensitive to the constant following of your eyes to keep it 3D. You really feel the fatigue quickly and there's a bit of a ghosting effect. The moment you turn it off, it feels like your eyes can relax.

It looks great but oh well, it's not worth the bizarre feeling.

DeVeAn

So anyone else have this issue? It seems that the top half is twisted as in, when shut the left side has a bigger gap then the right side. The left side rubber thing doesn't even touch when closed. When I open it, looking from the top it is clearly bent.

It has been mostly on my desk since I bought it. I would just return it BUT, I need to do a transfer...ugh. Call Nintendo?

For those looking for a decent pouch locally for their New 3DS, Gamestop has these for $10.99 and it does the job.

81m-uBQ%2BHFL._SX522_.jpg

81wIHQ%2BcZlL._SX522_.jpg
Sweet!

Looks like the perfect case. Is this the one you use? Looking at the pic, does the DS (or 3DS) really stick out of the pouch like that, or is that (I assume) just for display purpose? And with a NEW 3DS XL in there, is it a tight fit, does the flap press down on the shoulder buttons when closed?

dcx4610

Sweet!

Looks like the perfect case. Is this the one you use? Looking at the pic, does the DS (or 3DS) really stick out of the pouch like that, or is that (I assume) just for display purpose? And with a NEW 3DS XL in there, is it a tight fit, does the flap press down on the shoulder buttons when closed?

Yeah, that's the one I bought.

The DS is sticking out in the picture just to show you where it fits. The 3DS XL goes down all of the way into the pouch so the flap doesn't mess with the shoulder buttons.

It's not the most protective case but it looks nice, holds a lot of stuff and would easily survive a fall.

Yeah, that's the one I bought.

The DS is sticking out in the picture just to show you where it fits. The 3DS XL goes down all of the way into the pouch so the flap doesn't mess with the shoulder buttons.

It's not the most protective case but it looks nice, holds a lot of stuff and would easily survive a fall.
Cool. One more question, will a New 3DS XL with a TPU clear shell protector fit into this pouch?

noomi

mine does that as well.

Well, as much as that sucks.... it makes me feel a bit better. Screw it I'm just going to keep it...

I can't be bothered to go through the hassle of exchanging and putting the screen protector on again, plus they are never in stock... anywhere here :(

Gonna cross-post here for maximum exposure in the hope someone can help me out and hopefully help themselves in the process.

The Nintendo UK store seems to have majorly messed up orders for the Skull Kid and Triforce cover plates, meaning that if you ordered one, they sent you the other. Of course, the item is so limited that they can only offer a refund with the promise that the item will "probably" come up for order again so you can buy it again - if you're quick enough.

I don't really want to take that risk. I ordered a Skull Kid plate and received the Triforce one - does anyone want to trade their incorrectly sent Skull Kid plate for my Triforce one to help correct this?

EDIT: Dealt with. Thanks, jimmyjimmyo, for getting in contact. :)

enewtabie

Well the local GS has Red 3ds XLs in stock,but not sure on the color. Always go with black or white,but I might trader in 1886 and pick one up tomorrow. Been watching youtube unboxings hyping myself to buy one lol.

Well, as much as that sucks.... it makes me feel a bit better. Screw it I'm just going to keep it...

I can't be bothered to go through the hassle of exchanging and putting the screen protector on again, plus they are never in stock... anywhere here :(

yeah I didnt notice it till a week ago. My n3ds XL has light bleeding across the right side and a little at the upper right corner as well. However I have to adjust the angles to see it. The upper right and right side needs to be at different angles for the light bleeding to be seem.

My OG white cover plate seems warped.. The end where the screws are, between the screws the cover plate sticks up, if I push it down it goes where it should sit but then pushes back up.

I have never taken it off, gonna try unscrewing it and seeing if there is any problems..

Enjolras

Neo Member
To be doubly sure, put a different microSD in and see if you can reproduce the problem. Also, see if this happens with card-based games (preferably ones which don't use the microSD). Oftentimes finding issues with hardware is a process of elimination.

I bought a refurb 3ds last year and had the same problem. Actually every time I went to the system settings it froze. Switched SD cards worked like a charm. So try that before you send it back.
Sorry for the late reply, was waiting on my new micro SD to arrive. Thanks for the advice!

Didn't transfer any of my existing data onto it, to make sure it wasn't corrupted data causing the problem. Loaded up a game and less than 2 minutes, everything's crashed again.

I suspect it's time to contact Nintendo. :/

Spades

Which site?

I just used Ebay. But if you search the US listings, you find a lot of Japanese sellers with N3DS accessories offering free shipping Internationally, that won't necessarily show up on the UK Ebay site. That's what I found, anyway.

Omikaru

Sorry for the late reply, was waiting on my new micro SD to arrive. Thanks for the advice!

Didn't transfer any of my existing data onto it, to make sure it wasn't corrupted data causing the problem. Loaded up a game and less than 2 minutes, everything's crashed again.

I suspect it's time to contact Nintendo. :/
Sounds like it's the 3DS indeed. At least the problem reared its head now, instead of when the system was out of warranty.

DagsJT

I just used Ebay. But if you search the US listings, you find a lot of Japanese sellers with N3DS accessories offering free shipping Internationally, that won't necessarily show up on the UK Ebay site. That's what I found, anyway.

Cheers, I'll take a look tonight.

EnemaEms

Banned
I just imported a New Nintendo 3DS from Amazon.fr. What are the best cases you guys have seen/used for the smaller new 3DS? I also don't need it to hold games, but if it does, that is fine too.

tiijj

I just imported a New Nintendo 3DS from Amazon.fr. What are the best cases you guys have seen/used for the smaller new 3DS? I also don't need it to hold games, but if it does, that is fine too.

I use the hori ones, it worked for me so far. I have it on my new and old 3ds.

I received my n3DS XL skin from Decal Girl yesterday and am really pleased with it:

It was really easy to apply and seems like its good quality. I love the matte finish. No more fingerprints! It's helping ease the pain of not being able to use faceplates. :(

tiijj

You have a link for this one?

amazon jp has one but I think they only ship to japan, amiami has one but it's back ordered, Nippon yasan also has one but it's 2x more.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00NFCCU62/

Question about decals: Are they permanent or easily removable if you decide you don't want them?

You can peel them off, most (the good ones) doesn't leave any residue. I can't say for all of them but the ones that I used didn't

I received my n3DS XL skin from Decal Girl yesterday and am really pleased with it:
Yeah, I find their 3DS decals to be really easy to apply.
The problem I had with the Wii U one is they wanted you to put material on a curved surface which is not easy, that and the material was way too big.

Still it is an improvement from the default, so I am happy.

Also yeah Decalgirl's material comes off quite easy. Leaves zero residue. The problem is the material can stretch so you only get a limited number of tries before the matte/gloss material is done.
Definitely recommend doing this if you want a matte finish and not using sandpaper to hack it that way. Decals don't void the warranty.

tiijj

Yeah, I find their 3DS decals to be really easy to apply.
The problem I had with the Wii U one is they wanted you to put material on a curved surface which is not easy, that and the material was way too big.

Still it is an improvement from the default, so I am happy.

It is not easy but I like it since it feels like the decal is really wraps around the console.

Not sure what to do about this HORI Duraflexi Clear Protector for Nintendo NEW 3DS XL..I pre ordered it from amazon on Feb 19th and it never shipped and no one from amazon knows anything, when it will arrive or IF it will arrive..not sure where else to get it from really need a case for my 3ds xl..best buys says they will have it on march 8th but who knows if that is accurate either

Top Bottom