• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

BondFancy

Loving my first 3ds, so far I've been playing Mario and Luigi Dreamteam which is beautifully reminiscent of Mario and Luigi superstar saga! And as an avid pokemon fan I'm excited to eventually play pokemon Y!

Has anyone tried to do a system transfer within the 7 day block? Does it fail immediately? My black N3DS XL came in and I want to return my red one, but I transferred to the red one last night.

_hekk05

Banned
Been troubleshooting this with a friend for a few days.

I've got a friend who can't connect to his home wifi, but can connect to his phone's mobile hotspot.

He's tried resetting his router, changing his wireless security to none, and his new 3ds still can't access the internet.

Is there something I'm missing?

I've got a friend who can't connect to his home wifi, but can connect to his phone's mobile hotspot.

He's tried resetting his router, changing his wireless security to none, and his new 3ds still can't access the internet.

Check his wireless settings on his/her router. if it set at 802.11 N only on the router, the 3DS probably won't recognize the network. make sure its set at mixed or 802.11 b/g/n).

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/498/~/compatible-wireless-modes-and-wireless-security-types

Vena

The security type on his wifi? If its WPA2-PSK then the 3DS won't see it.

JimPanzer

anyone elses back plate feels a bit loose around the edges and above the battery on the n3ds XL? I can definitely push it in a bit and see it moving when I look at the gap between backplate and the console,

_hekk05

Banned
The security type on his wifi? If its WPA2-PSK then the 3DS won't see it.

He set it to none and he still can't.

Check his wireless settings on his/her router. if it set at 802.11 N only on the router, the 3DS probably won't recognize the network. make sure its set at mixed or 802.11 b/g/n).

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/498/~/compatible-wireless-modes-and-wireless-security-types

I'll ask him to try that.

Jinjo

Does anyone have any good pics of the Metallic Blue/Black New 3DS (most curious to the Blue one)? Offcourse everyone is posting their MM edition, but I'm debating cancelling my pre-order since I don't feel like waiting another month, without any certainty it's coming (all the while the retailer is keeping a 'reserve' on my creditcard, ridiculous). Wanna have a look how those systems look in normal daylight conditions.

No one bought a metallic blue N3DS?

Hey wondering. If i buy a New 3DS, can i link my eshop account it and still use it on our other regular 3ds xl? I mean, will i be to download games i got on my first 3dsxl?

No. One 3DS per eshop account. You can either system transfer to bring the account to the new system, or start fresh. You will then have to deal with two separate accounts. Yes, it does suck.

BooJoh

has anyone with the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate new 3DS (the one with the preinstalled game) have contacted Nintendo about the 3DS theme? I have it and I think the theme is not there, so I was thinking I might contact Nintendo and try to get a download code for the theme.

has anyone had any luck with that?

My email:
Hi,
I just purchased the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate edition New 3DS XL system. Since it came with a digital copy of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, shouldn't I be eligible to receive the free Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Gore Magala & Seregios Home Theme? Unfortunately, when I check my eShop history, there's no receipt for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, so I can't get a download code there, and the theme doesn't appear to be on the Theme Shop right now, so I can't even buy it. As a big Monster Hunter fan, this is pretty disappointing.

Their response:
Hello,
Thanks for writing. I would first like to apologize for the excessive delay in our response time; we've been receiving an uncommonly high number of emails recently.
Regarding your email, it's understandable you would be disappointed you did not get the free Monster Hunter Theme. I know this isn't the answer you were hoping to hear; however, although purchases made in the Nintendo eShop qualify for the free theme, the Monster Hunter 4 Bundle does not qualify for this promotion even though it is downloaded from the Nintendo eShop.
That said, I will be sure to forward your interest in having this theme available to the appropriate departments here at the company. That way your feedback will be heard.
Thanks again for writing. We appreciate hearing what our fans are looking for.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I just got my N3DS but one thing weirds me out. I put it on top of my 3DSXL and the new one is not nearly as white as the old one. Is it supposed to look like that?
qqtyQhs.jpg

ramparter

Banned
I just got my N3DS but one thing weirds me out. I put it on top of my 3DSXL and the new one is not nearly as white as the old one. Is it supposed to look like that?

Wow the white 3DS XL looks so much better than my "Silver" (more like weird grey and a little greenish). It was a good deal though so no complains and I will probably get rid of it for a New anyway.

I complained earlier how my c stick seemed unresponsive. After playing again today it seems that breaking into it the first day has greatly helped. Also, it is a grip thing. My thumb gets sweaty in intense monster hunter quests so it doesn't get good grip to pull down effectively.

melman101

I gots to say, after having this for a week, and setting up a SpillPass Pi, getting Majoras Mask, Monster Hunter 4 U, and Sonic 3D, the new 3DS has renewed my interest in Nintendo's handheld. Bravo, Nintendo, bravo.

I'm loving this thing.

Pachimari

Is it just me, or is getting stuck in the menus sometimes? As an example, it just to several seconds for it to quit my Friend List.

DagsJT

My New 3DS XL metallic black has arrived and from a very quick look, due to being in work, I really like the colour despite it being a fingerprint magnet.

But that power button sticking out is a nghtmare. I've also got the regular new 3DS and the power button doesn't stick out and is absolutely fine but I can definitely see myself hitting this button. Terrible decision by Nintendo.

Not had a look around the screens too much and I've not really got any carts to try it with apart from Luigi's Mansion 2. I'm not able to transfer my account until Monday so won't be able to play my digital games yet either.

mcmmaster

Any good deals for the New Nintendo 3DS in the UK right now?

Thinking of buying one for my niece's birthday and the best deal I've seen so far is the one on the Nintendo UK online store, 3DS + Cover Plate + Mario Holder + Charger for £160.

Loefah

Banned
Any good deals for the New Nintendo 3DS in the UK right now?

Thinking of buying one for my niece's birthday and the best deal I've seen so far is the one on the Nintendo UK online store, 3DS + Cover Plate + Mario Holder + Charger for £160.

If you want it right now, Argos have it for £150 with the choice of 2 games from Professor Layton, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive or a DS game. AmazonFrance is still the cheapest if you can wait. That Nintendo Store deal is also decent if your niece would prefer the mario holder and a faceplate

HF2014

No. One 3DS per eshop account. You can either system transfer to bring the account to the new system, or start fresh. You will then have to deal with two separate accounts. Yes, it does suck.

Hmm thanks for the answer. I will drop nintendo a call if we can keep some games on one and transfer some on the other.

mcmmaster

If you want it right now, Argos have it for £150 with the choice of 2 games from Professor Layton, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive or a DS game. AmazonFrance is still the cheapest if you can wait. That Nintendo Store deal is also decent if your niece would prefer the mario holder and a faceplate

The Argos deal is good but I don't think the games in the deal will appeal to her, I was contemplating the Amazon France deal but decided against it just in case something was to happen to the system, then it would be more hassle if I had to send it off to Nintendo France to get it repaired.

Think i'll just go with the Nintendo Store deal, the Mario Holder is a nice bonus plus i'm sure she'll be stoked over the Peach Cover Plate, for that price it's great value so i'll be going with that one. Thanks for the info.

Oh and I found an absolute gorgeous Peach case that i'm sure she'll love, the New 3DS is slightly bigger than the original 3DS so here's hoping it can still fit in it.

Lost a N3DS restock yesterday because I left for a couple of minutes. Stayed the whole day F5ing when possible, then the moment I left I lost it.

Screw this.

Quick system transfer question for when my n3DS arrives: do you keep your Activity Log stats when you do a full transfer? I'd hate to lose that stuff.

Iztli

I bought one yesterday :D

First time owner of any Handheld device. My friend told me about MH4U and how it would be great to play together. So I went for it :p
Throw any good recommendations my way BTW

First time owner of any Handheld device. My friend told me about MH4U and how it would be great to play together. So I went for it :p

Fire Emblem Awakening, A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina 3D and Majora 3D are all must-plays.

Aiii

So not worth it

Persona Q.

Get Persona Q.

A question I'm sure has been answered a million times over: will the New 3DS play my original DS games of all regions? Jump Ultimate Stars, etc.

jorgejjvr

Really glad you got MH4, its really amazing!

Fire Emblem awakening is a must

Kid Icarus uprising

Majora's Mask

And PLEASE get or consider the upcoming game xenoblade chronicles :)

marrec

Banned

First time owner of ANY handheld?

Ace Attorney Trilogy then.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Is the stand you get with the retail version for Kid Icarus recommended? I have €5 in eshop credit, and I could get Uprising for €30 on the e-shop, which is the cheapest option right now. Physical version is usually €45 and up in stores/ebay.

Rosur

I'm really liking being able to use the c-stick in smash :)

I'm thinking about picking up Xenoblade Chronicles on this rather than playing my Wii version (and sell that version for £60ish).
Which do you guys think will be better for playing the first time?

Bulbasaur

Banned

I noticed that too, and my white XL is pretty grimey!

Also I wasn't aware that it's made from a different type of plastic, it's almost porous and will definitely discolor over time which makes me regret not getting the black.

I'm really liking being able to use the c-stick in smash :)

I'm thinking about picking up Xenoblade Chronicles on this rather than playing my Wii version (and sell that version for £60ish).
Which do you guys think will be better for playing the first time?

The Wii version is probably the better way to play it but I will be doing the 3DS version as well since I don't want to dish out the cash for a Wii copy. Also, having it portable means I can play it when other people are on the TV.

Bulbasaur

Banned
Is the stand you get with the retail version for Kid Icarus recommended? I have €5 in eshop credit, and I could get Uprising for €30 on the e-shop, which is the cheapest option right now. Physical version is usually €45 and up in stores/ebay.

Not really unless you plan on playing it on like a table or something.

Top Bottom