• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

Got a nice surprise
w2jm8Rtb.jpg

WM38g2hb.jpg

nvQoMKRb.jpg

Ready for advice from EU GAF.

Why doesn't Amazon sell these?

Dispute with Nintendo from a few years ago. No one has the official word as to exactly why, but we're fairly certain it pertains to production problems with a certain run of 3DS systems.

http://kotaku.com/oh-wow-amazon-really-hates-nintendo-consoles-465285000

For almost two years now, Amazon has not been selling Nintendo's gaming hardware first hand. You can buy a 3DS or Wii U from the massive online retailer, but it will be sold through a third party. Amazon won't sell Nintendo hardware themselves. And neither Nintendo nor Amazon will say why. (UPDATE: As some readers have noticed, it looks like Amazon is directly selling the Cosmo Blue 3DS, but they don't sell other 3DS models or the 3DS XL.)

Oh man thanks! Wonder why they don't have any at stores. I ordered one and am super pumped, just strange to have it online but every store in the Atlanta area you can't even get it sent to the store.

Sure thing! It's tough to remember to check online considering how often they're sold out, but I'm glad these were available.

Cheers.

Lunar FC

Yep, Amazon France for around $160 with shipping.
Got MM from GAME UK.

Cool, i'm planning on doing the same thing so I've been hoping to talk to somebody who has already done it.

edit: I was looking at $255 for White N3DS + Pokemon X from Amazon UK, but can get the same for $207 on the France version. You're my hero.

Oh man thanks! Wonder why they don't have any at stores. I ordered one and am super pumped, just strange to have it online but every store in the Atlanta area you can't even get it sent to the store.

Didn't the west coast port strike just end? My guess is that they're in a warehouse and have yet to be distributed

//ARCANUM

This is gonna sound a little silly but I'm having a dilemma on what to do here. I have an opportunity to buy a barely used red New 3DS XL for $150 but in order to be able to afford to do it, I'd need to sell my Persona Q edition 3DS XL.... I can't decide if I should sell my Persona Q edition to have the New 3DS XL or just keep what I've got.....

Advice?

My charging dock arrived today and I can't get over how stupid my MMN3DS looks upside down. u_u

I was supposed to get my 3DS XL Charging Cradle from Amazon UK by the 23rd, it never arrived..I got refunded the money but Im still hoping it will arrive..where did you get yours from and what did it say as far as shipping goes? I have no tracking info so I have no idea how it will arrive and when

TUSR

Banned
This is gonna sound a little silly but I'm having a dilemma on what to do here. I have an opportunity to buy a barely used red New 3DS XL for $150 but in order to be able to afford to do it, I'd need to sell my Persona Q edition 3DS XL.... I can't decide if I should sell my Persona Q edition to have the New 3DS XL or just keep what I've got.....

Advice?

What does your heart tell you?

Im being serious.

//ARCANUM

What does your heart tell you?

Im being serious.

that's the part i can't figure out lol. i want the new 3d tech, the nub, the new awesomeness... but i do love the Persona Q edition.... i just don't know if its worth hanging on to when it's value will decrease over time. I'll never be able to keep both if I get a new 3DS later, i just wouldn't let myself have a pretty console just sitting on a shelf. (and neither would my fiancé lol)....

indecisiveness!!

TUSR

Banned
that's the part i can't figure out lol. i want the new 3d tech, the nub, the new awesomeness... but i do love the Persona Q edition.... i just don't know if its worth hanging on to when it's value will decrease over time. I'll never be able to keep both if I get a new 3DS later, i just wouldn't let myself have a pretty console just sitting on a shelf. (and neither would my fiancé lol)....

indecisiveness!!

See what you can get for the Persona Q edition. Its not like there won't be opportunities to get the n3DS in the future. But if you are content with your Persona Q for the time being, why not just sit on the decision for a bit and save some money and sell your Persona Q edition later.

$150 is a good deal, but do you really want the red one?

//ARCANUM

See what you can get for the Persona Q edition. Its not like there won't be opportunities to get the n3DS in the future. But if you are content with your Persona Q for the time being, why not just sit on the decision for a bit and save some money and sell your Persona Q edition later.

$150 is a good deal, but do you really want the red one?

i prefer the red over the black, i was initially thinking of waiting until a new limited model came out, but that could be a while... i could always sell the red one and move to limited when the next comes out lol.

I think what i'll do is buy the new 3ds for $150 and compare them side by side and make my choice and then either re-sell the new 3DS or sell my persona q model.

Ohnonono

i prefer the red over the black, i was initially thinking of waiting until a new limited model came out, but that could be a while... i could always sell the red one and move to limited when the next comes out lol.

I think what i'll do is buy the new 3ds for $150 and compare them side by side and make my choice and then either re-sell the new 3DS or sell my persona q model.

I was very close to selling my PQ 3ds but I just can't do it. My son is getting an upgrade from his 2ds.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I was supposed to get my 3DS XL Charging Cradle from Amazon UK by the 23rd, it never arrived..I got refunded the money but Im still hoping it will arrive..where did you get yours from and what did it say as far as shipping goes? I have no tracking info so I have no idea how it will arrive and when
I ordered mine from Japan through eBay.ca and I had no tracking as well.

Same, I am going to email them. Two day delay is stupid without tracking.

Could someone tell me what the best site would be to import a regular n3ds.
From what I used, Amazon France has good prices, tracking number, and shipped 2 days ahead of estimate.
So I recommend them.

Edit: Amazon UK responded saying that they will refund me if I do not get it by March 3rd. So cannot complain.
What parcel service is ASENDIA_PACKET? They must suck if we have 3 missed estimates.

Lunar FC

From what I used, Amazon France has good prices, tracking number, and shipped 2 days ahead of estimate.
So I recommend them.

Edit: Amazon UK responded saying that they will refund me if I do not get it by March 3rd. So cannot complain.

Did you do the 5-10 or 2-3 days shipping. I'm debating it.

So in the US, everywhere I go I cannot find one of these. My wife wants to get one for my B-Day toward the end of March, but everyone is sold out. Are they likely to fix the supply issue by then or am I fucked if I want to pick one up in a store?

shows in stock for me at best buy for both black and red models for shipping, with 3-4 stores local to me having it in stock for available pickup today (YMMV on your city of course)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-red/2307075.p?id=1219535294084&skuId=2307075
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-black/2306021.p?id=1219535294085&skuId=2306021

also when I checked availablity at gamestop.com for stores near me both models also showed available at 10+ stores each

So I recommend them.

What state are you in? Im in California and I had made the order on February 16th..Im glad that I got refunded the money but if it doesnt arrive I have no idea where to buy it from..because I want to make sure its compatible with US 3DS XL's

shows in stock for me at best buy for both black and red models for shipping, with 3-4 stores local to me having it in stock for available pickup today (YMMV on your city of course)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-red/2307075.p?id=1219535294084&skuId=2307075
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-black/2306021.p?id=1219535294085&skuId=2306021

also when I checked availablity at gamestop.com for stores near me both models also showed available at 10+ stores each

It's also worth noting that I ordered mine on Wednesday with free shipping and it was delivered today. Super fast, honestly.

I was thinking maybe to get the Charging Cradle from here
http://www.play-asia.com/new-3ds-ll-charger-stand-black-paOS-13-49-en-70-86cz.html
but this time I want to be sure I can track it, even if I have to spend a little more because I already learned my lesson with amazon UK..the only thing I worry about is on play-asia it says "Compatible..Japan" so I want to be sure this will work with US New 3DS XL's as well
All accessories are region free, so you are good to go.

All accessories are region free, so you are good to go.

Oh so even though it says Compatible with New Nintendo 3DS LL / XL
Japan
it should still work just fine?? Ive never ordered from play-asia before what kind of shipping should I choose so that I get tracking info, Im not going to make the same mistake twice

melman101

http://www.play-asia.com/new-3ds-ll-charger-stand-black-paOS-13-49-en-70-86cz.html
but this time I want to be sure I can track it, even if I have to spend a little more because I already learned my lesson with amazon UK..the only thing I worry about is on play-asia it says "Compatible..Japan" so I want to be sure this will work with US New 3DS XL's as well

I ordered one. I sure hope it works. :). Also, I got a tracking number but not sure how it works. LOL.

Mel

I ordered one. I sure hope it works. :). Also, I got a tracking number but not sure how it works. LOL.

Mel

How is their return policy..in case it doesnt work..I really dont want to have to ship it back to Japan LOL..what shipping did you choose? And the tracking that you received, what kind of tracking was it, USPS, fed ex, ups?

Oh so even though it says Compatible with New Nintendo 3DS LL / XL
Japan
it should still work just fine?? Ive never ordered from play-asia before what kind of shipping should I choose so that I get tracking info, Im not going to make the same mistake twice
Yes, I am using a Japanese charger for my PAL n3DS. Japanese Circle Pad Pro also works on US/EU XL's.

The only real issue you will have is screen protectors since all models have little screen differences. Make sure they say New.
But cases, chargers, plates, and other things will be just fine.

Yes, I am using a Japanese charger for my PAL n3DS. Japanese Circle Pad Pro also works on US/EU XL's.

Yeah as long as this charging cradle works for US New 3DS XL's then I will go ahead and order it..just made me nervous when I saw compatible..Japan..like its only meant for Japanese 3DS XLs..I will wait til tomorrow, see if the stupid package from amazon UK comes, if it doesnt I will just order it from play asia and hope that it arrives

Edit: Mail just arrived..no package

The only real issue you will have is screen protectors since all models have little screen differences. Make sure they say New.
But cases, chargers, plates, and other things will be just fine.

Economy ShippingUS$ 6.90
Fulfilled by your local postal service. There may be limited tracking only. Signature required for delivery.
Delivers 03/09/15 to 04/02/15.

WOW thats insane..the other option is 12 bucks for shipping and it will arrive in a few days..I would never pay that much to have something shipped

Jzero

They finally had a new red 3ds xl in stock. The transfer process is so kawaii, damn little Pikmin.

Cool buying for sure. Are they going to release this in the US?

Economy ShippingUS$ 6.90
Fulfilled by your local postal service. There may be limited tracking only. Signature required for delivery.
Delivers 03/09/15 to 04/02/15.

WOW thats insane..the other option is 12 bucks for shipping and it will arrive in a few days..I would never pay that much to have something shipped
Heh. Amazon France has it for 20 Euros with shipping, which is 22 USD.
Isn't that the price you pay with Economic? Plus it will only take 2 weeks at most.

Heh. Amazon France has it for 20 Euros with shipping, which is 22 USD.
Isn't that the price you pay with Economic? Plus it will only take 2 weeks at most.

amazon france has the same charging cradle? Can you send me a link to it..does amazon france give you tracking info or should I just get it from play-asia and get the economy shipping..I just want to be sure I receive some kind of tracking info because with amazon Uk no tracking info so there was no way for me to find out what happened to it

amazon france has the same charging cradle? Can you send me a link to it..does amazon france give you tracking info or should I just get it from play-asia and get the economy shipping..I just want to be sure I receive some kind of tracking info because with amazon Uk no tracking info so there was no way for me to find out what happened to it
Yes, they give you tracking with option 2.
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00S9XZAPK/
If you use Chrome, they will translate everything to English.

Edit: Seems not in stock currently. GAME UK worked well for me: http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/new-nint...rView&categoryIdentifier=819734&top_category=

//ARCANUM

So I have been using a 32gb micro sd card in an sd card adapter in my 3DS XL and am going to potentially be system transferring to New 3DS XL. What would the process be considering I'll want to move the micro sd card into the New 3DS XL?

Also what is the best place to pick up the #00 screwdriver? Home Depot?

Yes, they give you tracking with option 2.
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00S9XZAPK/
If you use Chrome, they will translate everything to English.

Edit: Seems not in stock currently. GAME UK worked well for me: http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/new-nint...rView&categoryIdentifier=819734&top_category=

says this on the site

Usually ships in 1 to 2 months.
Ships from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

so that isnt good..by the time I get it I would have forgotten I even ordered it LOL maybe play-asia is better..but it says for the economy shipping "There may be limited tracking only" so not sure what that means

Seems cradle stock is short. Kind of sucks that only Japan got lots of them.
Nippon-Yasan has stock, but only FedEx is worth anything and it is $17. 2-3 day delivery is nice though.
Also yeah the tracking I got with Nippon (Japan Air Mail) did not work as well. So much for paying for it.

Top Bottom