• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
round 5:
22. speculawyer - rich gannon
Rich Gannon? How did I get him?

I've already got a silver QB. Anyone wanna trade?

Are there any unclaimed silver players? I'm gonna have to look that up. I don't want a second silver QB.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
FrenchMovieTheme said:
btw, the madden league doesn't start until this one finishes for those who care
Sweeeet! Thats what I like to hear :) So now I'm not stressed about trying to play both :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
That's cool that Madden doesn't start till this is over. Makes everything a lot easier. But it also gives Wellie time to practice Madden while we all play this. Not good. :(

Hey put my city down as Provo plz

Andokuky

Banned
We should set up a tourney for like 16 people or so to play with our teams while we wait for the season. There was one made by someone posted in the other APF thread but that one doesn't allow created players.

Shamrock

Banned
vumpler said:
If this is like all other 2k leagues you can replace players in the the league later. So if thats the case then we can get some people that won't be in the league to work as placeholders.

Yes, once the schedule is created the teams are locked in place. So if you can find people to join, and make the exact team for the guys who don't have their system, they could join up to fill the league. Then FMT generates the schedule. Then those guys can drop the league. French would then send a invite for the guys who are supposed to have those teams and they would take it over.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Looks like my 360 is gonna miss the estimated day of delivery today...even though I got a call saying to wait. You'll get it back before me. ><

wtf :(

Rorschach

Matrix said:
:lol the thing finally updated...it says that I wasn't there to sign for the package. I stayed home all day just to make sure... If he was here, then where's my ****ing note? And I don't know if I'm going to be able to do the same tomorrow since I have plans. They don't even give me the option to go pick it up myself. SIGH. I usually never have trouble with UPS or Fedex.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ive had that happen once before and I have a doorman who signs for stuff when im not home :lol UPS can kiss my ass.

I swore you could call ups and ask if you could pick up the package.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I swore you could call ups and ask if you could pick up the package.
I did...they said I couldn't. Second attempt will be made tomorrow, but now they gave me a smaller window for the time of delivery. Today was "any time between 8am and 7pm" :lol

Also, I got a call from them for the first time ever and the initial sound effect they use sounds just like the xbox hotline one. I thought max was calling me!

Matrix

HAHA yea I got that call last time from UPS and I was like wtf this cant be good.Turns out they just said someone better be home to sign for the package.I was scared it was a message the xbox was lost,I wish it had been!

My lastest update is...

PARSIPPANY,
NJ, US 07/27/2007 12:31 A.M. IN TRANSIT TO
COLUMBUS,
OH, US 07/27/2007 12:30 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

Still set to be delivered Monday.....

for now *gulp*

edit- AWESOME THREAD DERAIL

Rorschach

Matrix said:
HAHA yea I got that call last time from UPS and I was like wtf this cant be good.Turns out they just said someone better be home to sign for the package.I was scared it was a message the xbox was lost,I wish it had been!

My lastest update is...

PARSIPPANY,
NJ, US 07/27/2007 12:31 A.M. IN TRANSIT TO
COLUMBUS,
OH, US 07/27/2007 12:30 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

Still set to be delivered Monday.....

for now *gulp*

edit- AWESOME THREAD DERAIL
derail082306-dw.jpg

Oops...soooo how about dem...Houston Ryders. Looks like a good season for them!

unomas

Banned
I'm still trying to figure out how to sign up for the league. I couldn't find it on Live or via the 2k website.

Shamrock

Banned
unomas said:
I'm still trying to figure out how to sign up for the league. I couldn't find it on Live or via the 2k website.

When you go into join a league a bunch of leagues pop up, amirte?. At that time I"m going to need you to depress the right bumper in the downward direction. Then I'm going to need you to type GAF in the handy text box and go ahead and depress the start button in the downward direction. GAF 1 and GAF 2 will pop up. Its at that time you must choose, but be warned!!!! Choose wisely.

unomas

Banned
Shamrock said:
When you go into join a league a bunch of leagues pop up, amirte?. At that time I"m going to need you to depress the right bumper in the downward direction. Then I'm going to need you to type GAF in the handy text box and go ahead and depress the start button in the downward direction. GAF 1 and GAF 2 will pop up. Its at that time you must choose, but be warned!!!! Choose wisely.

Can I pick both? :D

Thanks for the quick tips, I figured it out about 2 seconds after I posted this message but I got wrapped up playing a game and didn't check back til now. 52-21 Edick rushes for 168...be afraid GAF 1 be very afraid! :D

Andokuky

Banned
I went ahead and made a tourney in case anyone wants to play, since the league won't likely be starting until Monday or Tuesday.

GAF Preseason
password is elway

16 teams
6 min quarters
Legend settings

When will some official league rules be ironed out? This game has a lot of rough edges in the gameplay department.

vumpler

Andokuky said:
16 teams
6 min quarters
Legend settings
When will some official league rules be ironed out? This game has a lot of rough edges in the gameplay department.
Legend settings is the worst idea honestly. If you look at the sliders on legendary settings it gives you the least control of your players manually. So basically you're on autopilot if you plan on stopping any play.

Shamrock

Banned
vumpler said:
Legend settings is the worst idea honestly. If you look at the sliders on legendary settings it gives you the least control of your players manually. So basically you're on autopilot if you plan on stopping any play.

Not sure what that means? Least control? I play in 4 other leagues that are on legend and I haven't lost any control over any players. I do like legend a little better for the fact that stamina is more of a factor. Players get tired quicker and sub in and out. It makes the stats a little more realistic, because you can't just run the ball 8/10 plays because he gets tired.

As for the sliders on Legend, you will notice that all the sliders that say Human are jacked down compared to the sliders that say Computer. That's only for if your playing the computer and it's done to make it a challenge. But in online play all the computer sliders are not used. The game only uses the human sliders so everyone is equal.

vumpler

Shamrock said:
The game only uses the human sliders so everyone is equal.
Thats not even remotely true. Daddy Z and I messed with the sliders for hours. All legend means is all "Player Control" goes down. If you don't think this is true go play your game on legend then play on custom. Then set the user controls all the way to 80-100. You have full control. No locking of animations, no 2 second plus cuts. It controls like madden and you can actually cover someone as a CB or FS without being a burden to your team.

Under your theory playing online in All Pro mode (which is the default for rated games) the AI would perform exactly like they do if you play on Rookie. That is completely false. The user control is "Equal" like you said, but thats like saying "hey those two piles of shit are equal." That they may be but it's still shit user D control.

It controls like madden and you can actually cover someone as a CB or FS without being a burden to your team.

lets not go overboard here. the open field defensive controls in APF are nowhere near NCAA (madden), even with human pursuit and tackling jacked up.

Shamrock said:

Of course the manual has the triggers/bumpers switched.

So am I supposed to pick GAF 1 or GAF 2?

vumpler

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lets not go overboard here. the open field defensive controls in APF are nowhere near NCAA (madden), even with human pursuit and tackling jacked up.
Point well taken, but I will say for the 25 plays or so where I was 1on1 CB/WR he used either a silver or bronze receiver: the only time I didn't shut down the pass completely was if his guy juked the hell out of me and it was my fault.

speculawyer said:
Of course the manual has the triggers/bumpers switched.

So am I supposed to pick GAF 1 or GAF 2?
It's Gaf 1

Pass is alex

i dont think it helps me any that i go back and forth between playing NCAA and APF because they control differently, but you guys can look forward to see me playing on the defensive line at the start of most (if not all) plays! :D

Shamrock

Banned
vumpler said:
Thats not even remotely true. Daddy Z and I messed with the sliders for hours. All legend means is all "Player Control" goes down. If you don't think this is true go play your game on legend then play on custom. Then set the user controls all the way to 80-100. You have full control. No locking of animations, no 2 second plus cuts. It controls like madden and you can actually cover someone as a CB or FS without being a burden to your team.

Under your theory playing online in All Pro mode (which is the default for rated games) the AI would perform exactly like they do if you play on Rookie. That is completely false. The user control is "Equal" like you said, but thats like saying "hey those two piles of shit are equal." That they may be but it's still shit user D control.

I've been playing 2K football since Dreamcast. That is not how it works.

The game has 2 sets of sliders one for human and one for computer.

Human is for human controlled teams
Computer is for computer controlled teams

So for instance on Legend

Human blocking is 25
Computer blocking is 75

That means the computer controlled team is going to have better blocking. That is meant for the game to be more challenging for you to play the CPU.

When your playing online computer sliders are not used because its human vs human

So on legend playing human vs human

Human blocking is 25 for both teams.
Where it says computer 75 (that is not used) Because there is no computer team

What your trying to say makes no sense. By your reasoning putting it on Rookie would make the game harder, as on Rookie

Human Blocking is 75
Computer Blocking is 25.

I think the mistake your making is thinking Human means when your controlling the player and computer means the guys your not controlling. It doesn't work like that. It can't work like that because look at offensive lineman. You can't control them, yet their is a slider for human blocking. You can't control anyone that would ever be blocking anyone.

Shamrock said:

Human blocking is 25
Computer blocking is 75

That means the computer controlled team is going to have better blocking. That is meant for the game to be more challenging for you to play the CPU.

When your playing online computer sliders are not used because its human vs human

What your trying to say makes no sense. By your reasoning putting it on Rookie would make the game harder, as on Rookie

Human Blocking is 75
Computer Blocking is 25.

I think the mistake your making is thinking Human means when your controlling the player and computer means the guys your not controlling. It doesn't work like that. It can't work like that because look at offensive lineman. You can't control them, yet their is a slider for human blocking. You can't control anyone that would ever be blocking anyone.

Hasn't this been true for EA games, as well, FOREVER??? I didn't know this was a new concept that needed explanation...

Shamrock

Banned
dammitmattt said:
Hasn't this been true for EA games, as well, FOREVER??? I didn't know this was a new concept that needed explanation...

Well I'm just trying to explain to him how the sliders work. You have to think of the sliders as "Human" being a human team and "computer" being the computer team. I think were he got messed up was thinking something along the lines of when it says

Human catching 25
Computer catching 75

that it means you only have 25% control of the player. Thats just not how it works. All that means is the computer controlled team is going to be better at catching balls and not dropping them or losing them when hit hard. But in a human vs human they will both equally be at 25. When you control a player on your own he is not directly effected other than tweaking the sliders might make the player faster, more agile, or a better catcher or runner depending on how you tweak the sliders.

For instance tweaking the human coverage (which would effect your entire team including the player your controlling) would make him faster/slower or more/less agile to control. Depending on if you raise or lower it.

Cloudy

Banned
Shamrock said:

Human blocking is 25
Computer blocking is 75

Human Blocking is 75
Computer Blocking is 25.

He's right...

vumpler

Cloudy said:
He's right...
So then the difference between Z and I being able to actually manually man up on D had to do with us playing on Fast than with Normal? :lol What a waste of time.

Shamrock

Banned
vumpler said:
So then the difference between Z and I being able to actually manually man up on D had to do with us playing on Fast than with Normal? :lol What a waste of time.

Man i just played my first custom match online and we set it to fast game play and it's a night a day difference. The game runs so smooth on fast. It really makes the 60 fps shine. I also turned off auto strafe and the game plays so much better. I wish we could choose these options for leagues and ranked games.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
hard as hell for me to sign in... my xbox was shipped by microsoft and will be here on weds......

can anyone sign in for me or get someone that is not in the league sign in and draft my team and i will get them when my box gets here...

Shamrock

Banned
Malleymal said:
hard as hell for me to sign in... my xbox was shipped by microsoft and will be here on weds......

can anyone sign in for me or get someone that is not in the league sign in and draft my team and i will get them when my box gets here...

I don't have two gamertags or I'd do it for you. I suggest you post your entire team, with you city name, team name, players drafted, and who you want to be your bronze players. Then maybe someone rocking two gamertags can make the team for you and join the league. Once the league is full and the schedule generated, that person can drop, and FMT can send you a invite to take over that team.

You would also need to post how you want your generic tendencies.

They are:

O-Line: Pass, Run, Balanced
D-Line: Pass, Run, Balanced
WR: Speed, Possession, Balanced
QB: Scrambler, Pocket Passer, Balanced
CB: Cov, Run, Balanced
Saftey: Cov, Run, Balanced
LB: Cov, Run, Balanced
HB: Finesse, Power, Balanced

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Shamrock said:
I don't have two gamertags or I'd do it for you. I suggest you post your entire team, with you city name, team name, players drafted, and who you want to be your bronze players. Then maybe someone rocking two gamertags can make the team for you and join the league. Once the league is full and the schedule generated, that person can drop, and FMT can send you a invite to take over that team.

You would also need to post how you want your generic tendencies.

They are:

O-Line: Pass, Run, Balanced
D-Line: Pass, Run, Balanced
WR: Speed, Possession, Balanced
QB: Scrambler, Pocket Passer, Balanced
CB: Cov, Run, Balanced
Saftey: Cov, Run, Balanced
LB: Cov, Run, Balanced
HB: Finesse, Power, Balanced

thanks for that... I had no idea you even needed to do all that... i will talk with FMT and see if he can somehow set it up for me, so I dont hold up the league any...

Zep

Banned
Shamrock said:
Well I'm just trying to explain to him how the sliders work. You have to think of the sliders as "Human" being a human team and "computer" being the computer team. I think were he got messed up was thinking something along the lines of when it says

Human catching 25
Computer catching 75

that it means you only have 25% control of the player. Thats just not how it works. All that means is the computer controlled team is going to be better at catching balls and not dropping them or losing them when hit hard. But in a human vs human they will both equally be at 25. When you control a player on your own he is not directly effected other than tweaking the sliders might make the player faster, more agile, or a better catcher or runner depending on how you tweak the sliders.

For instance tweaking the human coverage (which would effect your entire team including the player your controlling) would make him faster/slower or more/less agile to control. Depending on if you raise or lower it.

But we did Human Coverage/Pursuit @ 25 on fast and Human Coverage/Pursuit @ 85 on fast and the difference was huge...you could tell right off the bat. So if your saying theres no difference, I disagree. The way players cut and how fast they recovered was 10x better.

unomas

Banned
Malleymal said:
thanks for that... I had no idea you even needed to do all that... i will talk with FMT and see if he can somehow set it up for me, so I dont hold up the league any...

I have two gamertags.

Top Bottom