• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

Shamrock

Banned
Big Zep said:
But we did Human Coverage/Pursuit @ 25 on fast and Human Coverage/Pursuit @ 85 on fast and the difference was huge...you could tell right off the bat. So if your saying theres no difference, I disagree. The way players cut and how fast they recovered was 10x better.

I'm not saying their is no difference. I'm saying when your playing human vs human only the human sliders matter. Adjusting the computer sliders will have no effect unless you playing a computer team.

But adjusting the human sliders up down will drastically effect your team and how they handle in a game.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Shamrock said:
But adjusting the human sliders up down will drastically effect your team and how they handle in a game.

So since legendary takes the human sliders and forces them all the way DOWN, wouldn't that be an argument against legendary?

The whole situation sounds like bullshit to me. If you go to custom settings on Xbox live under the custom sliders it has listings for Human Sliders and Computer Sliders. Why in the hell would they even waste their time putting CPU sliders on xbox live since they don't do anything? Regardless its a stupid situation.

vumpler

AkaBalla said:
We should have drafted Bronze players.. To keep this league alive!
i disagree but i do see what you're saying about the league falling out.. This inactivity and delay is balls. I'm sick of playing random people online.

vumpler

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys relax, people can't sign in if they don't have a 360. the league isn't dead, it hasn't even started :lol just be patient for christs sake
Gaffers'... patient...

Does not compute :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
unomas said:
I have two gamertags.

whats up man... if it gets down to it that everyone is signed in, and its all on me to start the season, then i would hope that you could help me... if you can, i would appreciate it man... I havent picked any bronze players but i will.

unomas

Banned
Malleymal said:
whats up man... if it gets down to it that everyone is signed in, and its all on me to start the season, then i would hope that you could help me... if you can, i would appreciate it man... I havent picked any bronze players but i will.

Yeah, not a problem at all. Just give me a heads up if I need to do it and I'll take care of it.

Edit: Does anyone know if unlocking all the achievement points gets you 5 gold stars for created players? I've got over 700/1000 right now and I'm considering on working on the rest if I can get a little advantage for my one Gold created player.

2K must have been holding onto their old sound assets. The announcers often refer to my created 'Boomer Esiason' as 'Esiason'. :lol Although sometimes they just say 'number 7'.

LiveWire

unomas said:
Edit: Does anyone know if unlocking all the achievement points gets you 5 gold stars for created players? I've got over 700/1000 right now and I'm considering on working on the rest if I can get a little advantage for my one Gold created player.

Yes, it does, and no, you can't alter your league created-player Golds, Silvers or Bronzes using it. Season 2 I would think it would be OK to do so.

Andokuky said:
I went ahead and made a tourney in case anyone wants to play, since the league won't likely be starting until Monday or Tuesday.

GAF Preseason
password is elway

16 teams
6 min quarters
Legend settings

I can't seem to get it to work . . . I keep typing in the password pussy but it won't take it.

vumpler

I just owned the 39th ranked player with my gaf drafted team :) I'm starting to like it a lot. God its near impossible to get these ****ers to play you. First off you know you're going to be cheesed, so convincing these people to play you is basically like a sales pitch. You have to talk so much shit or else they ignore you. Well after 5 minutes of me typing how horrible he must be to keep denying me because of my rank he finally accepted. He ended with 39 yards rushing and about 90 passing. Final score was 31 to 6 (naturally he went for 2 on the first drive score of the game.) All he did the whole game was these two out routes that weren't even good routes? He had the juice as a running back. I have a feeling he was a huge part of his strategy but I had him on lock down.

vumpler

ChrisJames said:
Vumpler, want to play a game?

You'll probably crush me :(
Not tonight my good man. I'm headed to watch V for Vendetta with the wifey. However I know I'll see you in the season along the way :)

Jube3

Malleymal said:

Hey malleymall if you know someone really well that you can trust you can give him your login/pass info and have him sign up for you. You would really have to trust them though. Or if you know anyone around you with a 360 bring all pro to their house and do a gamertag recovery there and sign in.

unomas

Banned
vumpler said:
I just owned the 39th ranked player with my gaf drafted team :) I'm starting to like it a lot. God its near impossible to get these ****ers to play you. First off you know you're going to be cheesed, so convincing these people to play you is basically like a sales pitch. You have to talk so much shit or else they ignore you. Well after 5 minutes of me typing how horrible he must be to keep denying me because of my rank he finally accepted. He ended with 39 yards rushing and about 90 passing. Final score was 31 to 6 (naturally he went for 2 on the first drive score of the game.) All he did the whole game was these two out routes that weren't even good routes? He had the juice as a running back. I have a feeling he was a huge part of his strategy but I had him on lock down.

I had a similar situation, the guy wasn't ranked nearly as high he was only 7-4 but he came out right away cheesing Okoye and using constant no huddle. I ended up thumping him 28-0 in the end with Dickerson breaking off a 93 yard TD run in the 4th quarter. Using our created teams against these monster stacked teams is a bit of a challenge and it's funny to see the same players over and over again. I'd still be undefeated online if it wasn't for my heartbreaking 17-14 loss (before I could kick a fieldgoal well).

FMT,

Any dates on when the league might start?

Ramirez

What's with Okoye, seems like every team I play online has him at RB and he's hard as **** to stop even though he's bronze.

vumpler

Ramirez said:
What's with Okoye, seems like every team I play online has him at RB and he's hard as **** to stop even though he's bronze.
Just use FMT's guide to stopping the run in Madden 07. That's pretty much the gist of how to stop the run in football.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Is Okoye really that unstoppable in the game??? I realllllly hope not, I am not one to take a powerful back and just plow him down your throat all game.. wtf

Andokuky

Banned
No RB is unstoppable. It's all about calling the right plays and the running style of your opponent. I have shutdown great backs like Barry and Walter only to have scrub bronze backs run all over me sometimes.

vumpler

I haven't really had a problem stopping anyone. Every now and then some clipping error or invisible wall blockers will change a play and a back like OJ, Allen, or Emmit will burn one for a TD on me. Outside of that just don't blitz 8 guys every run play and don't play deep zone D every run play and you can stop anyone.

Ramirez

vumpler said:
Just use FMT's guide to stopping the run in Madden 07. That's pretty much the gist of how to stop the run in football.

:lol

I've never had a problem stopping the run in any football game prior to this one, and my main problem in this one is trying to manually do it and just totally take my entire team out of the play with over persuits/missed tackles due to the wonky ass controls.

I just see a lot of people online that use Okoye and practically run him every single play, and I have had a few games where it seemed nothing I did made any difference as to stopping him or slowing him down. Meanwhile, I can hold people who use Barry to like 50 yards a game :lol

LiveWire

vumpler said:
I haven't really had a problem stopping anyone. Every now and then some clipping error or invisible wall blockers will change a play and a back like OJ, Allen, or Emmit will burn one for a TD on me. Outside of that just don't blitz 8 guys every run play and don't play deep zone D every run play and you can stop anyone.

You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him!

sb17.gif

vumpler

Guys,

Someone maybe able to explain this better than I can, but Everyone PLEASE check your team that is registered with the league. Steve Young is on two teams and FMT's team is not one of them :lol FMT has JRice on his team too. There are about 5 teams that I can obviously tell aren't the right team so please check this if you can :)

Shamrock

Banned
So whats the deal here? Are we waiting until Wednesday? Will every single person in the league have a 360 by Wednesday?

OR

Are we trying to get guys with 2 gamertags to make teams for the guys with no Box and join the league to fill it up?

Andokuky

Banned
vumpler said:
Guys,

Someone maybe able to explain this better than I can, but Everyone PLEASE check your team that is registered with the league. Steve Young is on two teams and FMT's team is not one of them :lol FMT has JRice on his team too. There are about 5 teams that I can obviously tell aren't the right team so please check this if you can :)

That is a glitch, it won't fix until everyone signs in and the league starts. In the tourney I made to pass some time and practice with league members (which like.. 5 people have joined), everyone has the same team and players. It will fix itself.

I have a question, what if I want to edit my team and switch out a bronze for a different bronze? If I change and save my team offline, does it change my team in the league? I guess I'd have to drop out and then rejoin.

I would rather just wait for the guys to get their consoles. What's the point of rushing the league to start when some people are going to be stuck waiting anyway? It's only a few days. If people don't like the tourney settings I made someone make a new one and we can pass time playing one of those.

unomas

Banned
2 more achievements and I've got the 1000 points. Why shouldn't I be able to use the extra abilities on my 1 gold guy? Any gold created players are at a disadvantage anyway because they don't have as many abilities as the regular guys.:D And we've had soooo much downtime with this that I've had the time to run through and pretty much complete the game.

Jube3

unomas said:
2 more achievements and I've got the 1000 points. Why shouldn't I be able to use the extra abilities on my 1 gold guy? Any gold created players are at a disadvantage anyway because they don't have as many abilities as the regular guys.:D And we've had soooo much downtime with this that I've had the time to run through and pretty much complete the game.

Thats not true, a lot of gold players only have 3 abilities and some are not that usefull for their position. Having a 5 star running back that you get to pick the abilities for is a HUGE advantage. You could have an RB with (finesse + power, speed burner, branching tackles, soft hands, deep threat/possesion reciever/etc) and that would give you a crazy advantage lol. Im almost at the 1000 points myself, just gotta get the online ones and the interceptions.

how's about we keep it to 3 abilities per gold player? thanks friends!

p.s. how many more people do we need signed in? i want to get this show on the road... and i leave tuesday and wont be back until late thursday. go pumpkins!

Jube3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
how's about we keep it to 3 abilities per gold player? thanks friends!

p.s. how many more people do we need signed in? i want to get this show on the road... and i leave tuesday and wont be back until late thursday. go pumpkins!

26/32 I think.

KarishBHR

If this league needs more people in it, please count me in. I have not been paying attention to the leagues because I thought I was too late so someone needs to give me the lowdown on how this league works, etc.

bluemax

Banned
speculawyer said:
2K must have been holding onto their old sound assets. The announcers often refer to my created 'Boomer Esiason' as 'Esiason'. :lol Although sometimes they just say 'number 7'.

When you create a player if your name is in the database they'll say it. Lynn Swann is in the database for example so they say his name. EA keeps a bunch of names recorded too for NCAA.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm getting my 360 back today,hopefully it works.

I already have the game,so Im home today and ill try to get a team made and learn the game some.I should be signed up tonight if all goes well.

*knocks on wood*

Jube3

People remaining - theres 1 Gamertag that I couldn't identify because they didn't have their name in their gaf profile. So theres 1 spot filled up I couldn't put a face with. Gamertag Cloud2k is that Conex?
-------------------------------

List of people who still need to sign in to the league. If I made a mistake just let me know
------------------------------------
Speculawyer
Rors
Zep
coldblooded
Conex
Maverick
Matrix

To help make it easier to add people here is a list of people currently signed up along with their gamertag.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
AkaBalla - akaballa2k
pheeniks - Gamertag:pheeniks
vumpler - Gamertag:Jasonsmapity
birdbomb - Gamertag:machorawdog
bluemax - Gamertag:BluemaxMB
DMczaf - Gamertag: DMCzaf
truelize - Gamertag: Truelize
andokuky - Gamertag: Andokuky
Cerebral Palsy - TagKC
malleymal - Gamertag:malleymal
jube3 - Gamertag:Ayo Jube
gcquinton - Wsv771
ramirez - Gamertag: TJ Ramirez
sableholic - Gamertag:sableholic
mrbob - Gamertag:MrBob
unomas - Gamertag:Killer4hand
livewire - Gamertag: DJ DEMON J
lonestar - Gamertag:lonestar
dammitmatt - Gamertag: Dammitmatt
FMT - Gamertag: FrenchMov
chrisjames - Gamertag:MIGHTBEWRONG
hunterD - Gamertag:Charsace
bonsevan - Gamertag:Farnsworth
Shamrock - Gamertag:Shamrock
sickboy - Gamertag:fisheyelens

Jube3 said:
People remaining - theres 1 Gamertag that I couldn't identify because they didn't have their name in their gaf profile. So theres 1 spot filled up I couldn't put a face with. Gamertag Cloud2k is that Conex?

That is Conex.

Team Owner GP W L Win% GF GA
1. Pittsburgh Iron Men FrenchMov 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
2. Pittsburgh Iron Men dammitmattt 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
3. Pittsburgh Iron Men Shamrock 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
4. Pittsburgh Iron Men Jason Smapity (Vumpler)
5. Pittsburgh Iron Men MightBeWrong (ChrisJames)
6. Pittsburgh Iron Men Truelize 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
7. Pittsburgh Iron Men Andowsky 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
8. Pittsburgh Iron Men pheeniks 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
9. Pittsburgh Iron Men sableholic 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
10. Pittsburgh Iron Men DJ Demon J (Livewire)
11. Pittsburgh Iron Men Ayo Jube 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
12. Pittsburgh Iron Men FisheyeLens (Sickboy)
13. Pittsburgh Iron Men TJ Ramirez 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
14. Pittsburgh Iron Men MachoRawDog (Birdbomb)
15. Providence W's AkaBalla2k 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
16. Nashville Assassins Farnsworth165 (Bosevan)
17. Detroit Sharks Cloud2K 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 (Konex)
18. New York Indians BlueMaxMB 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
19. New York Indians MrBob 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
20. New York Indians CharsAce 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
21. New York Indians Wsv771 (GCQ)
22. New York Indians DMczaf 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
23. Columbus (GA) Crusaders Lonestar 1979 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
24. Columbus (GA) Crusaders Killer4hand (Unsure)
25. Columbus (GA) Crusaders TagKC 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
26. Columbus (GA) Crusaders Militant Black

Top Bottom