• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

Jube3

Hunter D said:
1. San Francisco Bandits FrenchMov 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
2. San Francisco Bandits Shamrock 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
3. San Francisco Bandits DJ Demon J 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
4. San Francisco Bandits Ayo Jube 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
5. New York Indians Lonestar 1979 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
6. New York Indians CharsAce 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
7. Las Vegas Swashbucklers DMczaf 0 0 0 0.0 0 0

Oh come on now.

Now the site has everyone as pittsburgh :lol :lol 9 down 23 to go :D

Zep

Banned
Ramirez said:
Well, since Franco will be my only created player on my team, I would like someone here to pick his abilities so I don't get accused of being a cheesehead when I make him. :lol

I'll call and ask him tomorrow. Honest.

I have no idea if I did that right, I just entered the name in the search and entered the password and then pressed start. It says I'm in the league, no idea what my team name is though. I assume it uses the one I have created locally (ie the correct roster and what not)?

Hmm I show up as Pittsburgh Iron Men

AkaBalla

FMT when i left you my picks for last niht i said i was going to draft a gold CB - Jimmy Johnson or Terrell Buckley and then a created Silver Safety in Steve Atwater.. Just an FYI... Someone wanted to change there pick to Jimmy Johnson, thats fine i will just create Terrell..

Maverick

I will be in Miami for work until Monday, so I won't be able to physically join the league until then.

Is that gonna be a problem, FMT?

Andokuky

Banned
Does anyone have safety Eric Turner? Since I created Terrell Davis, I don't need my silver HB anymore so I took him. I didn't see him on any lists, but maybe I missed him.

Jube3

FYI to people who still are arranging, there was a mistake and keith millard was picked for me in the 4th round when I had picked him already in the third. So I made Jerome Bettis Silver HB from the Create a player list. :D

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Jube3 said:
FYI to people who still are arranging, there was a mistake and keith millard was picked for me in the 4th round when I had picked him already in the third. So I made Jerome Bettis Silver HB from the Create a player list. :D
Wtf? Silver back? Hmm

vumpler

Jube3 said:
Ya, Jerome Bettis (RB) Silver (Power, Workhouse)
I guess thats fine, but I could see him being a gold easily for his short yardage successes. However he's not on the level of a Sweetness, Sanders, or Campbell but hell I would put him well above most all of the silver backs... Seems like he should have a shot at gold but oh well.

AkaBalla

Anyone see that klist spec posted? to unlock the achievements? You know once u unlock all te achievements you are able to create a gold player with 5 attributes.. I wouldnt care if someone did this legitly but i know for sure no one plays this game enough to have a gold rated created 5 ability player only if u used that cheat list!...

I'll be watching some of the created gold players. ill check the depth charts before each game to see if someone is trying to gain an edge..

Please ban the 5 gold ability cheesers!...

lol

Nah j/k are we going to be allowed to unlock these achievements and then create that gold 5 ability player?

Jube3

AkaBalla said:
Anyone see that klist spec posted? to unlock the achievements? You know once u unlock all te achievements you are able to create a gold player with 5 attributes.. I wouldnt care if someone did this legitly but i know for sure no one plays this game enough to have a gold rated created 5 ability player only if u used that cheat list!...

I'll be watching some of the created gold players. ill check the depth charts before each game to see if someone is trying to gain an edge..

Please ban the 5 gold ability cheesers!...

lol

Nah j/k are we going to be allowed to unlock these achievements and then create that gold 5 ability player?

Doubt it, maybe for season 2.

LiveWire

Jube3 said:
Doubt it, maybe for season 2.

Yea....um.....let's just see if we can make it through one 32-team 16-game season first, before Madden hits. If that happens, I'll be mighty impressed.

bluemax

Banned
Hmm so I ended up with two silver players on Offense. I've been playing offline with 2 silver LBers and a bronze QB and WR combo. This is probably going to change my strategy up a bit.

Jube3

LiveWire said:
Yea....um.....let's just see if we can make it through one 32-team 16-game season first, before Madden hits. If that happens, I'll be mighty impressed.

Yea Im gonna try my hardest to get all my games done by next week. Going back and forth from ncaa and all pro is damn near impossible to do while mantaining some sort of good play on the field lol. I blew like 4 plays on ando hitting R for turbo causing me to strafe :lol .

vumpler

:lol I just went to the practice mode "moves" for the first time. Oh shit lol. I never played 2k5 so I guess i never got to experience the insane diving ability of players. Earl Campbell when charged up can jump forward Vick style for 6.5 yards before his knee touches the ground.

SickBoy

vumpler said:
I guess thats fine, but I could see him being a gold easily for his short yardage successes. However he's not on the level of a Sweetness, Sanders, or Campbell but hell I would put him well above most all of the silver backs... Seems like he should have a shot at gold but oh well.

I agree with the silvering of Bettis. He's better than most of them, but then you've also got Roger Craig in there, who's no slouch as an all-round back. He's also not two tiers better than Christian Okoye, IMO. (Also glad Terrell Buckley was made silver).

vumpler said:
:lol I just went to the practice mode "moves" for the first time. Oh shit lol. I never played 2k5 so I guess i never got to experience the insane diving ability of players. Earl Campbell when charged up can jump forward Vick style for 6.5 yards before his knee touches the ground.

Ahh . . . so that's why I've been reading about how using Earl Campbell is now considered 'cheesing'.

They might to issue a patch to try to balance this game a little more.

Hunter D

What about Curtis Martin and tiki barber. both have retired retired. What tiers would you put them in and what abilities would you give them.

I am also willing to trade Ottis Anderson for a creatable silver.

LiveWire

Hunter D said:
What about Curtis Martin and tiki barber. both have retired retired. What tiers would you put them in and what abilities would you give them.

Cmart could probably be gold, Tiki bronze, maaaaaybe silver.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Cmart could probably be gold, Tiki bronze, maaaaaybe silver.
What are the no tier scrubs called in the game? He can be one of those.

*looks around*

I'm so glad Wellie's not in this thread.

Andokuky

Banned
Hunter D said:

I would say gold on both. Not sure on the abilities.

I am in the league with the Ft Worth Stallions.

Andokuky said:
I would say gold on both. Not sure on the abilities.

I am in the league with the Ft Worth Stallions.

I don't think Tiki will even make the hall, so no way do I see him as a gold. Silver sure. And I'm saying this completely serious. Before Tom C came around Tiki was not that great and had fumbleitis.

Curtis Martin and Tiki are both silver. Tiki maybe even bronze... I'm sorry but they don't compare to the likes of Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, and Gale Sayers just to name a few.

SickBoy

The one recent guy I can think of who I feel confident calling a gold would be Marshall Faulk.. I agree that there's a little bit of a need to be careful with who's called a gold, since they're almost all HOFers up there, and really the cream of the crop.

SickBoy said:
The one recent guy I can think of who I feel confident calling a gold would be Marshall Faulk.. I agree that there's a little bit of a need to be careful with who's called a gold, since they're almost all HOFers up there, and really the cream of the crop.

Yep I'd agree with Faulk, but no way would Tiki or Martin. Sorry NY fans, but thats the truth.

Andokuky

Banned
sableholic said:
I don't think Tiki will even make the hall, so no way do I see him as a gold. Silver sure. And I'm saying this completely serious. Before Tom C came around Tiki was not that great and had fumbleitis.

The only reason Tiki won't make the hall is because he retired early. He still looked great last year and there's no reason to believe he would have slowed down. I don't really care to blame Tiki for Jim Fassel not using him correctly until his last couple seasons there either. But anyway he had over 15,000 yards total yards and almost 5 yards per carry. If he isn't a gold neither are guys like Cambell, Davis or Bo Jackson imho. But it doesn't matter, I'm not making Tiki or Martin. Imho he should just make them whatever he wants, making them gold only gives him 3 abilities anyway which pretty much amounts to silver.

vumpler

speculawyer said:
Ahh . . . so that's why I've been reading about how using Earl Campbell is now considered 'cheesing'.

They might to issue a patch to try to balance this game a little more.
Lol um its most definitely not cheesing. For one the practical purposes for using such an insane dive would be on the goal line run formations. However you have to have about 15-20 yards of running to charge up the 2nd level charge. Also if there is anyone near you when you hit "super dive" it ignore that you hit dive and you get beasted. I guess the only practical purpose would be to show boat going into the end zone? Otherwise its useless.

I've had a couple people call me a cheeser which was pretty odd. One said it was because I passed to my running backs (FB and HB). Also they've complained that earl is complete cheese because he can break a tackle when their in Dime. Also I had a guy pissed off that I ran a HB screen which went for a touchdown. I said to him "Honestly, whats the point of having a Gold guard if you don't run a pulling route to the outside or run a screen to utilize the guard from time to time?" He simply followed by "whatever man its still cheese."

So I don't know. I won't lie Earl is a ****ing beast, but he's always been and thats why I picked him. Couldn't believe he slipped to 4. :)

Shamrock

Banned
Not sure about anyone else, but when I created my players I put their last name first and first name last.

Thats because in game it only shows their first name to your opponent. Little bitch move 2K made so people couldn't re-create real players and use their full names online.

I have Jimmy Johnson, Jeff George, and Michael Irvin.

So instead of my opponents seeing only Jimmy, Jeff, and Michael. They will now see Johnson, Irvin, and George.

IF anyone else wants to do that, you can go to edit your created players, then drop the league and rejoin. But you can only do it before FMT generates the schedule.

Hunter D

IMO Curtis is a gold. He is the only back to run for 1000 yards in his first 10 seasons in the league. He was like Walter Payton IMO. He wasn't just a shifty runner or a power runner, he could do both.

Tiki is a silver, maybe even a gold. The guy is one of the best cutback runners ever IMO. He gained 10000 yards rushing and never had a dominant line, never.

Andokuky said:
anyone want emmitt?

^ BirdBomb

What do you want for emmitt. I might be willing to trade you derrick thomas for emmitt. I would have to get rid of my silver RB though. What silver players do you have?

vumpler

When are we planning on the league starting? Tonight would be nice. We need to get this turtle train on the road the madden countdown is near.

Ramirez said:
Can we stop with the trading shit please?
I have to say I agree. Only the more reason to get this shit started sooner to prevent all the trading :)

Andokuky

Banned
Why? Who cares if people trade. If you don't want to, don't.

League can't start until everyone joins I guess and that will be at least Monday when pheeniks can join. Maybe I am wrong and he can start it before that but I don't see how.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I dont get my 360 back till Monday and Mav cant sign up till Monday.

I dont see why people care about trading,this is more like a fantasy league imo :\

Ramirez

Andokuky said:
Why? Who cares if people trade. If you don't want to, don't.

League can't start until everyone joins I guess and that will be at least Monday when pheeniks can join. Maybe I am wrong and he can start it before that but I don't see how.

What was the point of the draft if everyone is just gonna trade their players?

What was the point of the draft if everyone is just gonna trade their players?

to make sure we had unique players in gold/silver category!

guys if you want to trade then trade, but just do it through PM. if you have an issue or a question about a trade just PM me.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I dont get my 360 back till Monday and Mav cant sign up till Monday.

I dont see why people care about trading,this is more like a fantasy league imo :\
Looks like my 360 is gonna miss the estimated day of delivery today...even though I got a call saying to wait. You'll get it back before me. ><

vumpler

If this is like all other 2k leagues you can replace players in the the league later. So if thats the case then we can get some people that won't be in the league to work as placeholders.

Top Bottom