• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

1. AkaBalla - SIGNED IN
2. pheeniks - SIGNED IN
3. Coldblooded - NOT SIGNED IN
4. vumpler - SIGNED IN
5. birdbomb - SIGNED IN
6. zep - NOT SIGNED IN
7. bluemax - SIGNED IN
8. matrix - NOT SIGNED IN
9. DMczaf -SIGNED IN
10 Rors - NOT SIGNED IN
11 truelize - SIGNED IN
12 andokuky - SIGNED IN
13 Cerebral Palsy - SIGNED IN
14 malleymal - NOT SIGNED IN
15 maverick - SIGNED IN
16 jube3 - SIGNED IN
17 gcquinton - SIGNED IN
18 ramirez - SIGNED IN
19 Conex - SIGNED IN
20 sableholic - SIGNED IN
21 mrbob - SIGNED IN
22 unomas - SIGNED IN
23 speculawyer - NOT SIGNED IN
24 livewire - SIGNED IN
25 lonestar - SIGNED IN
26 dammitmatt - SIGNED IN
27 FMT - SIGNED IN
28 chrisjames - SIGNED IN
29 hunterD - SIGNED IN
30 bonsevan - SIGNED IN
31. Shamrock - SIGNED IN
32. sickboy - SIGNED IN

Rorschach

I'm really sorry, gentlemen. I'll be signed in tomorrow morning, but since I'm probably not gonna make it back home today, I can't sign in tonight.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok I created my team, I believe.

I added all the picks FMT drafted for me,including making a silver Eddie George.

I picked 6 bronze players too.

Is that all I have left to do? If so I'll join the league now.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Matrix said:
Is that all I have left to do? If so I'll join the league now.
Join it up!

I want to get in a couple league games tonight. This slacking (outside of the ones with severe 360 not coming in trouble) is bullshit, no excuses. Everyone could have had someone make them an account by now or something geezus.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok I joined up,says I'm in.

Matrix

Cool.

Guess I'll go practice.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cerebral Palsy said:
We should just give malley's team to someone else because I fear that he will blow my team out, just like he did to my girlfriend's back

Fear not ol chum... My xbox will be hear shortly weds or thursday, if someone can sign in for me then it can get started, then i will play my first game when its time...

FrenchMovieTheme said:
23 speculawyer - NOT SIGNED IN

Man, that is bullshit. There are some bugs creeping around. I signed on on Saturday . . . my account even lists that as when I got the achievement.

1YCLiGJhbC9BCBoEGlxTWTA3L2FjaC8wLzI1AAAAAOfn5-rOHtY=.jpg

G_Icon_External.gif

Acquired 7/28/2007

So I signed in again. And speaking of bugs, what's with the 15 Pittsburgh Iron Men teams? :lol

Jube3

Ok so far we have 28/32

People who arent signed in
--------------------------------------------------------
Coldblooded - NOT SIGNED IN (no word)
Rors - NOT SIGNED IN (can sign in tommorow )
malleymal - NOT SIGNED IN (sign in wed/thursday )
zep - NOT SIGNED IN (no word)

unomas

Banned
Jube3 said:
Thats not true, a lot of gold players only have 3 abilities and some are not that usefull for their position. Having a 5 star running back that you get to pick the abilities for is a HUGE advantage. You could have an RB with (finesse + power, speed burner, branching tackles, soft hands, deep threat/possesion reciever/etc) and that would give you a crazy advantage lol. Im almost at the 1000 points myself, just gotta get the online ones and the interceptions.

Thus the reward for completing the game, but if you don't have the online achievements you aren't anywhere near close to finishing the game and the interceptions one is a pain in the butt as well. I'm only a few online wins away from getting the 50 wins achievement, and plenty of regular players like Sayers, Elway, etc etc have 5 abilities as well as bronze players like Okoye and Megget with 4 yet I've got a gold with just 3? Makes no sense to me but since I'm the only one that will be able to do it I get the axe? Meh! :D I think a created back like Dickerson should have 5 abilities like Sayers, Smith etc. etc. but maybe the player should be up for review as far as those abilities go.

My picks for Edick's 5 would be. Speed burner, break away burst, stamina, Finesse + Power, and quick feet. Those certainly fit him.

unomas said:
Thus the reward for completing the game, but if you don't have the online achievements you aren't anywhere near close to finishing the game and the interceptions one is a pain in the butt as well. I'm only a few online wins away from getting the 50 wins achievement, and plenty of regular players like Sayers, Elway, etc etc have 5 abilities as well as bronze players like Okoye and Megget with 4 yet I've got a gold with just 3? Makes no sense to me but since I'm the only one that will be able to do it I get the axe? Meh! :D I think a created back like Dickerson should have 5 abilities like Sayers, Smith etc. etc. but maybe the player should be up for review as far as those abilities go.

My picks for Edick's 5 would be. Speed burner, break away burst, stamina, Finesse + Power, and quick feet. Those certainly fit him.

If I could have built gold, silver, and bronze players with their max abilities for their rank... I wouldn't have even drafted real players.

AkaBalla

unomas said:
I'm only a few online wins away from getting the 50 wins achievement,

If your Feedback rating is higher than 90% then u can be allowed to make this gold created player with 5 abilities... :lol

I'm just saying this because

1. I've never played vs ya

2. People with all these games played are the lobby cheaters.

Not saying you are but you never know.....

unomas

Banned
AkaBalla said:
If your Feedback rating is higher than 90% then u can be allowed to make this gold created player with 5 abilities... :lol

I'm just saying this because

1. I've never played vs ya

2. People with all these games played are the lobby cheaters.

Not saying you are but you never know.....

100% feedback rating bro :D I'm also not a lobby cheater/cheeser. The game has also been out for nearly two weeks now and I'm averaging 3 wins per day you do the math and you'll see I'm just over 40 wins right now and I'm about to hop on for some more.

unomas

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
If I could have built gold, silver, and bronze players with their max abilities for their rank... I wouldn't have even drafted real players.

I've only got one gold created player, as far as I know bronze and silver can't be adjusted. Enough chit chat though, I'm off to play some games!

AkaBalla

You serious?

You must be one of thos socomers who have 10 ps2's up to rank up... :lol

Thats pretty immpressive keep up the good work..

unomas

Banned
AkaBalla said:
You serious?

You must be one of thos socomers who have 10 ps2's up to rank up... :lol

Thats pretty immpressive keep up the good work..

I play complete sim and I talk and or make fun of myself during most of the game. I tend to also only play people with mics and do play games against people on my friends list as well. I think that's the main reason I've got 100% feedback, I play against people with mics and I don't cheese at all. I play my ranked games just like I will my league games against you guys. Have a good night boys.

I had a hard as hell time last night against this guy with his defense absolutely stacked. He had Rod Woodson, Ronnie Lott, Jessie Tuggle, Jerome Brown, Lem Barney, and two more bronze guys on defense. It was an absolute nightmare trying to move the ball on him. On offense he of course had Okoye and 2 bronze receivers with Kosar at QB. I barely beat the guy 14-7 because I struggled so much to move the ball against him. It was a fun intense game though.

congrats on completing the game. but you get no bonuses in the gaf league. everyone is on an even playing field for create a player. and if you bump it up to 5, you're banned from the league. you and your children and your children's children!

for 3 months

vumpler

I don't know why Z isn't in yet. I talked to him today and he said "after my snack" or something. Dunno what the holdup is lol. I'll have to play him and campbell his ass or something. This is taking entirely to long.

I'm 2 games away from the 50 wins though. w00t!

vumpler said:
I don't know why Z isn't in yet. I talked to him today and he said "after my snack" or something. Dunno what the holdup is lol. I'll have to play him and campbell his ass or something. This is taking entirely to long.

I'm 2 games away from the 50 wins though. w00t!

I think I'm going to do really bad this season... I've completed 2 games online

Zep

Banned
Yea, while I was eating I was rushed home to watch cousins. I got them until tomorrow morning, so very early in the afternoon I *should* be back.

unomas said:
I had a hard as hell time last night against this guy with his defense absolutely stacked. He had Rod Woodson, Ronnie Lott, Jessie Tuggle, Jerome Brown, Lem Barney, and two more bronze guys on defense. It was an absolute nightmare trying to move the ball on him. On offense he of course had Okoye and 2 bronze receivers with Kosar at QB. I barely beat the guy 14-7 because I struggled so much to move the ball against him. It was a fun intense game though.

Yeah, the legend selection is a really neat aspect of the game. You can have 8 teams lined up and then pick your team at the start of the game depending on what your opponent has for a team.

If this was like NBA or MLB 2k7 we could just have anybody sign into the league so we could get it started and then drop those people later on for the real league members, but I don't know if that will work due to the nature of this game (different rosters for everyone, etc.)...

I'm just getting tired of waiting. I want to get this motha started!

vumpler

speculawyer said:
I've been reading that they have turned off auto-strafe for online ranked matches. Can anyone confirm this?
It wasn't off 8 hours ago. I'll go check now.

LiveWire

hey charsace I'm sorry for the impromptu ending to our game. That's the 2nd time that happened to me. My shifty Comcast cable modem may be to blame. I'm looking into FIOS now as my 3 for 99 deal ends this month.

vumpler

speculawyer said:
I've been reading that they have turned off auto-strafe for online ranked matches. Can anyone confirm this?
I just finished my game and will honestly say after blatantly stating I was going to test this out, I forgot to push it to all ranges of testing. I did notice though at the very snap you still strafe but that could be due to me not fully sprinting straight out of the play.

I hope someone else has a better assessment because I'm spent for the night.

Why hasn't the league started again? slackers! The league will be lucky to conclude by September *sigh.*

Oh well, belated madden I guess :/

2) I was winning and it was in the 4th quarter and they had the ball deep in their territory on a forth down. I lined up for a punt return. They decided to go for it and suceeded. They then ran a whole series of successive quick plays using a hurry-up no huddle defense. I just couldn't seem to stop them at all . . . and they I realized what happened. With their hurry-up offense, I was caught with my pants down since my special team for punt returns was out there playing defense and there were virtually no star players on the field at all! Only when they tossed one out of bounds did I get my reguar D squad out there.

Have real football teams ever used this tactic? It seems very clever and it sure worked a number on me . . . the marched like 60 yards down the field before I could get my normal D squad on the field. But I guess real special teams wouldn't be so incompetent.

Andokuky

Banned
You can press B to fake the snap. It's pretty worthless imho.

Sorry I missed your messages online CJ, I was hosting a GoW game for some friends and didn't even start playing until an hour or so ago and didn't notice you'd sent me a message until just now.

guys i will be gone until probably thursday night. the man in charge while i'm gone is jgars new mistress, DM. should everyone sign in before i get back, he should be able to start the league. if not, then wait for thursday! i will activate it upon my arrival.

vumpler

I've seen some games where I've jumped 4 times a game because the person just wailed on fake snap 4-5 times before every play. If they hit it that 6th or so time though the O line jumps just to remind you you're an asshole for attempting it that much.

Jube3

3 more to go :D 29/32

People who aren't signed in yet
--------------------------------------------------------
Rors - NOT SIGNED IN (can sign in today)
malleymal - NOT SIGNED IN (sign in wed/thursday )
zep - NOT SIGNED IN (no word)

Top Bottom