• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Jube3 said:
3 more to go :D 29/32

People who aren't signed in yet
--------------------------------------------------------
Rors - NOT SIGNED IN (can sign in today)
malleymal - NOT SIGNED IN (sign in wed/thursday )
zep - NOT SIGNED IN (no word)

3 vets too
pat.gif

vumpler

Malleymal said:
3 red rings to go :-(

as soon as ror and zep are in, then one of our league buddies with 2 gamertags will sign me in.
:)

On a lighter note, I just hit my 50 wins. God and if it didn't have to be against a douchebag. The guy was horrible but would constantly go for it in the hurry up, 4 passes and then its my ball. I beat him 28-7 and my time of possession was 15:43. He was the exact type of person who generally quits when they go down by 7 but for some reason this one wouldn't. So I guess I cheesed the whole 2nd half. I would run the ball (and since he only played prevent D) I would get 8 yards and drop, followed by taking a knee, then running it again for the first repeat all the way down the field... Was the most miserable game I've played yet.

Hopefully Rorschach and Zep join today so we can get the league started by tonight.

I'm going on a week long vacation starting this Friday and I don't think I'll be able to get any games in while I'm gone, so I'd like to play as much as possible before I take off for the week.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Does Zep even have a working 360 right now?

vumpler

Matrix said:
Does Zep even have a working 360 right now?
He uses his room mates. Well he used to.. He's got his cousins until sometime so he's doing that as opposed to logging in... Remind me to dominate him in APF for this! lol

vumpler

If i would have just kept running, like you said I would run up the score. I just wanted the game to end as fast as possible as opposed to letting him have the ball and throw incompletes over and over or risk some crap Cunningham to Rice miraculous TD.

Hunter D

vumpler said:
:)

On a lighter note, I just hit my 50 wins. God and if it didn't have to be against a douchebag. The guy was horrible but would constantly go for it in the hurry up, 4 passes and then its my ball. I beat him 28-7 and my time of possession was 15:43. He was the exact type of person who generally quits when they go down by 7 but for some reason this one wouldn't. So I guess I cheesed the whole 2nd half. I would run the ball (and since he only played prevent D) I would get 8 yards and drop, followed by taking a knee, then running it again for the first repeat all the way down the field... Was the most miserable game I've played yet.
I want to play you. League team vs league team. My sn is Charsace.

Does anyone know if changes made to our teams after signing into the league will be reflected in the teams? I've changed my uniforms and I want change my O-line since they are useless. I've noticed that if change your team uniform, it doesn't get reflected in a season that you already started with that team.

LiveWire

speculawyer said:
Does anyone know if changes made to our teams after signing into the league will be reflected in the teams? I've changed my uniforms and I want change my O-line since they are useless. I've noticed that if change your team uniform, it doesn't get reflected in a season that you already started with that team.

No idea, but to be sure, you could drop and re-sign in.

vumpler

What's the point of assigning custom celebrations? I thought it would be awesome, but then I went in game online and they still do whatever they want and not what I assigned to the button i'm holding. What a crock.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
vumpler said:
What's the point of assigning custom celebrations? I thought it would be awesome, but then I went in game online and they still do whatever they want and not what I assigned to the button i'm holding. What a crock.

I was wondering the same thing :lol Everytime i score with barry he does this stupid ass dance i dont even have assigned.

vumpler

ColdBlooded33 said:
Everytime i score with barry he does this stupid ass dance i dont even have assigned.
I think they should have allowed there to be a celebration of running the ball to the Ref or just running straight to the sidelines just for him. Seems sort of disrespectful to have Barry knocking out pushups or doing the dirty bird after a score.

vumpler said:
I think they should have allowed there to be a celebration of running the ball to the Ref or just running straight to the sidelines just for him. Seems sort of disrespectful to have Barry knocking out pushups or doing the dirty bird after a score.

QFT. That's probably one of my biggest gripes with the game.

LiveWire

gg Hunter D. Damn if we can't get a full game in! You were about to get scored on and then I was gonna get the 2pt. conversion to tie! :lol

Seriously though.

DERRICK.

THOMAS.

;(

Rorschach

Sorry, guys. I quit the league because I hate you all.

No, but seriously. I'm sorry I haven't been able to log in. One problem after another, but it will get done by 11:30am tomorrow morning or I died from stress. In that case, someone call the coroner's office. I want them to find me fresh.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
its in philly now... so another day and i have my 360....

as soon as rors signs in, one of my 2 gt friends let me know and i will send you my bronzes and you can get my team together...

Hunter D

LiveWire said:
gg Hunter D. Damn if we can't get a full game in! You were about to get scored on and then I was gonna get the 2pt. conversion to tie! :lol

Seriously though.

DERRICK.

THOMAS.

;(
GG man. I don't know whats up when we play. And the team you played against is my league team. Derrick Thomas is a name that people will hear a lot when they play against me.

vumpler said:

I think you have to push the celebration button really quickly after making a touchdown or else they just break into some random celebration.

I usually never get to see the celebrations that I picked because when I score a touchdown, I usually have both of arms up in the air in my own in-home celebration. :lol

Speaking of celebrations, have you noticed the team specific ones? The rollers guys often blow on imaginary dice in their hands and then roll them. The gunslingers make little hand pistols that they shoot off. And the Assassins have the throat slice gesture . . . cheesy people like to put OJ on that team in order to create the faux controversy.

Jube3

vumpler said:

You gotta press the assigned button right after he crosses the TD line and goes into like a small walk. He has to have the ball in his hand too for some of them to work.

Andokuky

Banned
:lol

P.S. join the league already people, wtf. If this thing doesn't start before Madden is out, I am bailing :lol

Surely there are a couple people here who are cool enough to be placeholders for a couple days.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Jube3 said:
30/32, just Rors and Malley left. FMT is on vacation until thursday.

IIRC dont we have 2 people with 2 GT's?? if so then take care of me and one take care of RORs if he cant sign in another night..

Actually whoever can hook me up.. PM me so i can give you my bronze picks..

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Yea I have the PM ready to go as well... so when someone says that they can do I will send the PM with the breakdown of how I want the team ... I can post it on here if it makes it easier..

vumpler

Malleymal said:
Yea I have the PM ready to go as well... so when someone says that they can do I will send the PM with the breakdown of how I want the team ... I can post it on here if it makes it easier..

Bons has his X wife's account. So yeah I can get him to do it.

I assume this season is going to be flex scheduled?

Rorschach

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN What a day! The football gaming Gods don't want me to join this league! Here's how my day went:

I start by waking up at 4am to the news that my mom was taken to the hospital via ambulance. No one knows where the hell because my sister forgot to ask. After calling hospitals near her area, we finally find out where she is and off I go! I get there and the hospital isn't willing to release any info at the moment. They'll confirm that she's there, but I'm not allowed to see her. So, we wait. A few hours later, we're allowed to see her. We see her for a min, then they cart her off to do some tests and run a cat scan. We wait some more. Then, we're told she's gonna be there for a long time and that we might as well go home and eat or something. So, I come home right quick just to join the league and go back. To my dismay, the disc doesn't work! I blame my shitty replacement 360, but then I try another game and it works. Another game; that works too. Then, I try APF and it doesn't. I bought this crap online, so returning it would mean waiting forever.

I go back to the hospital and wait some more, then the nurse tells us that she's gonna be admitted and that she's sleeping and she's out like a light because of the meds, so it'll be a while. They update us on the situation. She's fine; it was nothing, but they wanna run some tests since...well, long story. Since there's nothing I can do and she's fine, I decide to sneak out for a bit.

I call like every blockbuster in a 10 mile area and no one has it. Finally, I strike gold and find one that does. I call another just in case and they say they have one too. I go to the first one and he points me to a dude walking out the door...with the last copy. I drive over to the other one. I get there and the dude says they have one behind the counter. HUZZAH! ...but my BB card is too old so I have to get a new one...fine, whatever! I take the form and I hand him my ID/CC. Halfway through the process, he notices a typo in my ID (it says I'm older than I actually am...no big) and he says I can't sign up. As if I'm gonna start a Blockbuster fraud ring or something. I storm out the door and head to Best Buy which is waaaay out of the way at this point.

I arrive at BestBuy, grab the game, head to the register and see the biggest line ever. Fast forward 5 years and I'm at the front. I try to buy it with my card and it says my pin is wrong. I have to go and get some cash. -_- I go to the bank and take out some money (using the ID that the all mighty blockbuster wouldn't take, btw) and go back. I plop down the 65 bucks, grab the game and head out the door. I race home.

I fight with the wrapping paper for a bit, then open it. Finally! PSYCH!!! THERE'S NO GAME!!! That's right, all there is in there is a manual and the ticket for music. I hear the Price Is Right fail trumpets in the background. I race all the way back to Best Buy and I see the dude that sold me the game. I walk up to him (there's absolutely NO line at this point btw) and tell him there was no game and I want to speak to a manager. He directs me to customer service with a look of disbelief before joking to his buddy "You take this one haha!" I go over to CC and basically, they say they don't believe me and I say they better! A minute of awkward stares later, I get a replacement.

I open it there just to make sure, then I race back home. I meticulously create my team after posting this:

Making my team right now! I'll regale you guys with the story of how my shitty day went later!

Then, after I'm done and I go on the live portion, it freezes on me. Just then, I get a call telling me that my mom won't be admitted afterall and I need to drive down there and pick her up. My sis is there, but my mom can't walk due to an injury and she literally needs someone to pick her up. I just stare at my frozen 360 wanting to punch it in the power button, but I restrain myself and head out to pick her up.

I pick her up, drop her off at her house, carry her up stairs and drop off her Rx at the pharmacy. My sis says she'll pick it up. I come back home to try again and the friggin' thing deleted my team!!! ****! So, I recreate the players I needed carefully, but I just randomize the bronze because I'm holding you guys up. I get on and I finally sign in. So yeah, I'm signed in.... And now I'm heading back out. "Parker luck" in full effect.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN What a day! The football gaming Gods don't want me to join this league! Here's how my day went:

*shittiest day ever*

Very sorry to hear that Rors. Hope your Mom is OK. :(

Top Bottom