• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

Rorschach

We could try a game, but it would have to be someone whose xbox doesn't lock up when accessing the league. Mine does and so does dm's, vumpler's, and ando's.

We might just have to reset. :\

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm not even testing getting into the league if its locking up systems,I just got this refurb back and im not taking the chance it will **** it up :lol

This league needs to be remade or something :\

Shamrock

Banned
Andokuky said:
Maybe we should re-make it. I haven't seen any other leagues having this problem.

After doing some research on this I did find a few other leagues that have had similar problems.

From what I can gather it seems this is happening to leagues in which players joined the league, then went back and changed their teams after joining.

If you changed anything you were supposed to drop the league and rejoin before the schedule is generated. So anyone that may have edited their team after they already joined, and then did not drop/rejoin the league probably created issues.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If thats the case,it would have had to have been one of the first few people to sign up who messed up the league :p

Our league website has been f-ed up since the start.

I blame Fmt cause he's not here to defend himself!

Shamrock

Banned
FMT or anyone else desginated as a admin needs to go on the website, click on the admin drop down box and click on the support tab. Then write and explain whats going on in the email to VC league support. Maybe they can fix it or confirm if we have to make another league.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Nah theres no way in hell we would ever get everyone to reenter into the league. ONly think I can think of is boot the ones with the errors and reinvite or say **** it and lets use league daddy to list wins and losses only. I could care less about stats with this game at this point in time. Lets just get a league going. I've played 79 games online before we've ever started the league. Thats unbelievable. For one I have been getting in about 3 games a day but shit still.

Matrix

Aka,did he do that when the league was first created? Cause the league website has shown the league as being messed up since the start.

I thought Zep just signed up yesterday.

Damn, this sucks...

If we restart the league, it's going to at least be another few days before we can get everyone to join. For what it's worth, I'm in another league and that works fine and shows all the team names, cities, players, etc. but that league only has 8 guys in it.

Zep

Banned
I didnt leave until the schedule was generated. Just have DM & FMT send out invites to everyone, then they can accept w/o turning the game on.

Jube3

vumpler said:
Nah theres no way in hell we would ever get everyone to reenter into the league. ONly think I can think of is boot the ones with the errors and reinvite

That would be the same as remaking the league since only 7 people show up as working properly. I dont think remaking the league will take that long since everyone has a 360 now.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
since Mal will be back tomorrow, I'm no longer needed. I wish you the best of luck in this travesty.

Remember, it's a 2nd league about to get underway.

Matrix

Just joined.

I hope this works,the website is f-ed up again.

1. San Francisco Bandits FrenchMov
2. San Francisco Bandits matrixadw
3. Buffalo Bison BigstickDaddyz
4. Buffalo Bison DMczaf
5. Buffalo Bison sableholic

Matrix said:
Just joined.

I hope this works,the website is f-ed up again.

1. San Francisco Bandits FrenchMov
2. San Francisco Bandits matrixadw
3. Buffalo Bison BigstickDaddyz
4. Buffalo Bison DMczaf
5. Buffalo Bison sableholic

Yea I hope that is just the website...

Hunter D

Well I might be out of the game. My 360 froze for the first time last night (because of the league). Its shut off on me three times tonight (one time when I was playing akaballa). Does this mean my box is going to die or can I fix this by clearing the hdd?

Edit: I fixed it. My power surger is ****ed.

Matrix

wtf is their something wrong with the 2k servers or is it my internet f-ing up? I cant complete a damn game and sometimes it wont even connect.

First time trying to play a few games online and blah.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
This league better happen! I so plan on being high seeded in the playoffs. I think I've taken a liking to this game a little to much :(

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
new league up, and no you can't sign in online on your PC from what i understand.

name: new gaf
pw: alex
Joinded.

[edit] WOW. Was just having the best game ever and my 360 started making the nastiest noise ever...had to turn it off. My disc isn't scratched, but now I'm scared to play.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Joinded.

[edit] WOW. Was just having the best game ever and my 360 started making the nastiest noise ever...had to turn it off. My disc isn't scratched, but now I'm scared to play.

Rors,have you had any controller sync issues with your refurb? Ive had it happen twice where my controllers get out of wack and wont sync back up with the system unless I turn off the console :|

I want to kill MS.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Rors,have you had any controller sync issues with your refurb? Ive had it happen twice where my controllers get out of wack and wont sync back up with the system unless I turn off the console :|

I want to kill MS.
It never did sync, actually. That was one of my initial problems and it never took. I use the play n charge cable. :(

Matrix

Rorschach said:
It never did sync, actually. That was one of my initial problems and it never took. I use the play n charge cable. :(

:(

Mine sync off and on...

*sigh*

Its going to be so fun putting up with this shit.I'll have to play every online game with the cable plugged in.

Lonestar said:
Signed in, even though I suck at this sucky game.
I suck too . . . but the game rocks.

Ugh . . . I gotta make some team decisions . . . do I keep Jeff Jaeger or do I replace him with someone to beef up my O-line that has got nothing but Korey Stringer (RIP) . . . and I dropped Okoye to get Stringer.

Rorschach said:

That's weird. Do signals actually pass thru the play N charge cable? I thought it was just for power.

Ramirez

speculawyer said:
I think you know why we play APF 2K8 and not NCAA.

But I suck too . . . I've played some other GAFfers and I've only 1 game online so far. I'm pretty good against the AI . . . well, if it is all-pro or lower. :lol

Actually, I think it has more to do with NCAA traditionally playing like the previous years Madden, not that All Pro has better animations. The game is average at best, I haven't played NCAA, but the demo didn't really sell me on the game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
no, the signal does not go through the plug and charge. The wireless signal is still being used by the 360.

And I don't care if APF has better animations, it still feels sluggish and out of control.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
no, the signal does not go through the plug and charge. The wireless signal is still being used by the 360.

And I don't care if APF has better animations, it still feels sluggish and out of control.
...weird. It works for me and otherwise, I can't get it to work. :shrug As long as it works. :p

Top Bottom