• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
And I don't care if APF has better animations, it still feels sluggish and out of control.

Really? I feel much more in control with APF than I do Madden.

Anyway, I'm in Orange, CA on vacation (stopping by Blizzcon before heading to the beach :D) so I won't be able to sign in to the league until I get back, which is late next Thursday night after I get home from the Beckham game in DC.

Andokuky

Banned
Wow so at least another week before the league can begin? :lol This is getting ridiculous :lol

I would recommend switching to 7 minute quarters if we can't turn accelerated clock off. On 6 minute quarters, one good drive will milk off an entire quarter.

I can probably log one or two people into the league with a couple friend's gamertags if you're on vacation. Just not for Malley or Hunter D.

Btw, when I logged into the new league I don't even remember it asking me to select the team I wanted to use in the league...

p.s. why did people join the league when they knew they would be out of town week(s) at a time?

Cerebral Palsy said:
p.s. why did people join the league when they knew they would be out of town week(s) at a time?

Well, I will be out from Aug 11-21. If anyone thinks that's a problem...I don't mind quitting then. I'll be happy to be a sub though.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
im back got my xbx here about to hook it up... what do i need to do....

someone hit me online and let me know what i need to do when i fire this bitch up

Rorschach

Malleymal said:
im back got my xbx here about to hook it up... what do i need to do....

someone hit me online and let me know what i need to do when i fire this bitch up
When you first start, you will be asked to create a team. Just create a team with your drafted legends. If you have created ones on your list, you're going to need to create those later. Just put placeholders in the mean time. Bronze players anything goes, so grab whoever you want. After you're done creating the team, go to manage teams -> create a player and create whatever legends you ended up with. It will ask you if you want to add them to a roster. Add them to your team's and remove the placeholders. Edit your team and uniforms and save everything.

Then, go online and go to "leagues" then "join a league." Search by pressing rb and type "new." You'll see New GAF. The password is "alex." Bam you're done!

AkaBalla

I wonder if the bug has to do with Created players..... We should run a test league with Created players off to see if we still get these errors..

Actually...

imma make a 8 person league for Created and Non Created Teams...

Gaftest1 - Non created

pass = test

Gaftest2 - Created

pass = test

Rorschach said:
When you first start, you will be asked to create a team. Just create a team with your drafted legends. If you have created ones on your list, you're going to need to create those later. Just put placeholders in the mean time. Bronze players anything goes, so grab whoever you want. After you're done creating the team, go to manage teams -> create a player and create whatever legends you ended up with. It will ask you if you want to add them to a roster. Add them to your team's and remove the placeholders. Edit your team and uniforms and save everything.

Then, go online and go to "leagues" then "join a league." Search by pressing rb and type "new." You'll see New GAF. The password is "alex." Bam you're done!

Just one last step, after typing the password I believe you still have to press start to actually join it, no?

Shamrock

Banned
AkaBalla said:
I wonder if the bug has to do with Created players..... We should run a test league with Created players off to see if we still get these errors..

Actually...

imma make a 8 person league for Created and Non Created Teams...

Gaftest1 - Non created

pass = test

Gaftest2 - Created

pass = test

I don't think that is the problem because I am already in 2 leagues that allows created players and it works fine. In fact one guy is leading the league in rushing with a created Bo Jackson.

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Just one last step, after typing the password I believe you still have to press start to actually join it, no?
Yeah, after you see the list of people, you press start and tell it you're sure you want to join.

Rorschach

Alright guys, sorry, but it looks like I may be out. The sent me a box with the exact same problems as the one I sent them. It won't read discs anymore. It was a beautiful 3 whole sessions with it, though!! 7 weeks of waiting for this. :lol

I probably won't even make it to the Madden league and that's gonna sting even more.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok rors it's time you took the BBB route,this is f-ing absurd!

f-ing ms

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Rorschach said:
I probably won't even make it to the Madden league and that's gonna sting even more.
Lies. At the rate we're going we're hoping on a mid to late september finish. Realistically Madden should start in October if we plan to finish this. It bums me out too because I feel like I legitimately have a chance at this one :/

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Has Fmt or Dm contacted VC? How many people have signed up in the new league to try this again?

I rush out to buy this game and this league isnt moving :(

vumpler

Andokuky said:
Lets make a league with 16 or 24 players tops. Full leagues only seem to work with Madden.
I agree. In all honesty people obviously have to busy of lives right now to dedicate themselves to a league. If you can't check the forums for 5 minutes at least every night then you're to busy for the APF league, case in point.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ramirez said:
I knew I shoulda thought this through before I purchased it, 2K never ceases to amaze.

Agreed. I'm just waiting for when it's decided to just skip this league. Thanks alot guys, for enticing me to buy a game, when I'm unemployed! These Foodstamps ain't cheap.

Ramirez

I mean honestly, give some of these guys one or two more days at most and just remake a new league with the number of people that have signed up in the 2nd one or something.

Big Zep (I think it was you) will be happy to know that I am picking up a second copy of APF 2K8 to send to my nephew so I can play him. We need to get the league going so I can learn how to play better before I face him. Every game I play, I learn some new tricks because the people crushing me usually feel sorry for me and give me some tips. :lol

Fry's has APF 2K8 for $10 off.

There might be a price cut coming when Madden ships but I'm impatient.

I don't know why some of you guys don't just sell/return the game as much as you seem to dislike it. Personally, I think NCAA 08 feels and plays like shit after playing this game, but I seem to be in the minority here. Oh well.

If the league does get canceled for whatever reason, I'm sure we'll just start our own smaller league anyways... Not that I want the league to be canceled, it's just the way some of you guys are talking.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Any one that wants to play.. IM me.. I want to check out my team online... i know it sucks, but I just want to play and test out my box..

ChrisJames said:
I don't know why some of you guys don't just sell/return the game as much as you seem to dislike it. Personally, I think NCAA 08 feels and plays like shit after playing this game, but I seem to be in the minority here. Oh well.

I'm with you on that. I know I'm biased but I really tried to enjoy NCAA but it just wasn't doing it for me. It just felt robotic & stale. They players all behave like the have sticks up their butts.

Andokuky

Banned
ChrisJames said:
I don't know why some of you guys don't just sell/return the game as much as you seem to dislike it.

Well for starters, we paid $60 for the game, we can bitch if we want. Secondly, why would we return it for $20 credit? Also, idk if it's from "disliking" the game so much as it is just frustration that it's been a few weeks now and we are still at square one on the league. Lastly, we all know greatness is coming in 10 beautiful days and we want to get this over with :D

SickBoy

Ramirez said:
I mean honestly, give some of these guys one or two more days at most and just remake a new league with the number of people that have signed up in the 2nd one or something.

Amen!

I've decided to make things easier on yall.

I won't be joining the league for now because I know this month is going to be hell; I won't be around from the 11th-21st, and then after that I have to focus on moving into a new apartment. Which pretty much means I won't get to play games as often as the rest of you, only sparingly. Won't be fair to anyone...

And I type this as I'm on the "join league" screen :(

put me on a sub list though!

screw this crap i've had it!

here's what we're going to do. im going to start ONE FINAL LEAGUE. it's going to be 20 people. the first 20 people to sign in are in the league.

let me get the following out of the way:

"**** you fmt! why'd i buy the game if the league was going to take so long to start!"

"i hate you FMT! now some people will be left out of the league who put time into it!"

"hey asshole, if i wanted to play in a 20 man league i could have LAST MONTH!"

"wtf! we went through a draft and everything only to cut the league down!"

etc, etc, etc.

yes, these are all valid points. and believe me if i could Cher this whole situation (turn back time, find a way-ee) i would.

but here's the straight dope from the horses mouth: the 2k leagues are a ****ing mess when there are 32 people involved. it is difficult enough to get 32 people to sign up in a timely manner ONCE, let alone 2 or 3 times.

so please send your hate mail to my PM or email me. bottom line is that this is the ONLY way this league is going to get off the ground. so i honestly apologize to anyone who wants in and didn't get in and wish it didn't have to come to this, but it does and it is. i will make it up to you guys in the madden league where i have some semblence of control with the online league.

also, keep the team you drafted when you sign in. this is going to be a flexible schedule. 16 weeks, 20 teams, 8 playoff teams.

name: gaf u 2k
pw: john

thanks 2k I love you!

p.s. im turning icing on i dont care what you guys say

vumpler

I'm 100% down! If you need help with anything just let me know :D

Lets hope its the 20 most active! :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, at one time I was interested in seeing how this league would go. And after not liking the game, the online problems of Take Two, and with EB taking this game for apparently $25 (20% added on if you pre-purchase Madden!)

I'm not going to be in the 20.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Well, at one time I was interested in seeing how this league would go. And after not liking the game, the online problems of Take Two, and with EB taking this game for apparently $25 (20% added on if you pre-purchase Madden!)

I'm not going to be in the 20.
Hrm...2 copies of APF...I'll have Madden pre-ordered and paid for!

Since I don't have a 360 right now, anyway. :\

Matrix

Just signed in,but the league website is f-ed up again for this league :lol

Matrix

jesus christ,I cant complete one online game :\ Ive tried 3 games and all games ive been dropped.

My connection isnt shitty,I dont understand.

Tried to play a game with Tag and made it till the 3rd,thats the longest ive played.

I might have to drop the league if I cant even complete a game.

I hope this doesnt have something to do with my refurb :\

Someone please tell me its just shitty 2k servers?

edit- I feel like I have no control of my Db's,ugh.Other than that the games pretty good.

Andokuky

Banned
I haven't had any connection issues aside from one dropped game late in the 4th against someone from here.

You're right about the manual control, this game is not at all manual play friendly. You're almost better off just controlling a lineman because usually you just take a guy out of the play. My main problem is the big hit.. sometimes you click it down and the dude just tries for a reach tackle or dives in the wrong direction. In comparison, I played a Madden 07 PS2 league game today, first time I played in forever and manually picked off 4 passes and pretty much controlled the game with my MLB. World of difference. This game feels a lot like Madden 07 next gen on defense and that's not a good thing.

Matrix said:
jesus christ,I cant complete one online game :\ Ive tried 3 games and all games ive been dropped.

My connection isnt shitty,I dont understand.

Tried to play a game with Tag and made it till the 3rd,thats the longest ive played.

I might have to drop the league if I cant even complete a game.

I hope this doesnt have something to do with my refurb :\

Someone please tell me its just shitty 2k servers?

edit- I feel like I have no control of my Db's,ugh.Other than that the games pretty good.

when you mean dropped, does it say "network connection, this game won't count", or do you get d/c from xbl?

Matrix

During the games I get those screens off and on where the timer counts down and eventually "network connection, this game won't count"

Top Bottom