• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

Shamrock

Banned
Andokuky said:
It's not 100% though... the schedule is all f'ed up, at least for me. Seems like clicking on "schedule" gets you an alphabetic list starting from A. Like I play Austin, Alabama, Birmingham, etc etc but none of them are actual teams in the league. But if you click on those teams, it shows you the real team. So that's good. Hell at least we can finally play.

Are you sure your not confused by the Flex schedule? You can play your games in any order at any time so it's not a traditional schedule. It also looks different from when flex schedule is off.

Jube3

Shamrock said:
Are you sure your not confused by the Flex schedule? You can play your games in any order at any time so it's not a traditional schedule. It also looks different from when flex schedule is off.

Nah he meants its messed up on the site. Heres what it looks liek for me.
N/A @ Akron N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Augusta N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Aurora (IL) N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Athens (GA) N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Annapolis N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Austin N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Bakersfield N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Atlanta N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Arlington (VA) N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Atlantic City N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A @ Anchorage N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Aurora (CO) N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Arizona N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Baltimore N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A Athens (OH) N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A @ Albuquerque

But its working fine other than that

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Dm,finally was able to play a full game.I must have been playing random douches with bad connections.

The DB play in this game is awful,I have no control over anyone.I also cant punt :lol

And wtf did George get hurt? bad enough the squad is made up of random players,but to lose my Silver HB in the first half,well there goes my running game.

Glad that wasnt a league game :p

DMczaf

:lol You almost got bailed out when my idiot WR dropped that WIDE open pass late in the game

No one near him, and the ball hits him right in the hands...oops dropped!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:D That was so sad I had to replay it.

After losing George,I should have had some breaks my way.

I'm on vacation until Thursday, but I will still be able to play some games this week. I'll post in here when I can play.

I should be able to play at around midnight EST tomorrow night.

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
Lick my Mexican American Balls

Kolb would.

:lol wtf who is using Bettis :lol

Flashbacks to 2k5.

Zep

Banned
dont get me started on bettis....pussy was a runaway train that wouldnt go down unless mel blount tackled his ass.

Im sitting here with my roommate going, who the **** is #35...

Jube3

bwuahah Bettis is a beast! Yea I'm using bettis, guy hits like a.... A BUS!!!!!:lol

Edit: Me and ando are still in the lobby if anyone wants to get a game in.

Matrix

GG Jube,im not scared of Bettis! :p

I'm scared of one hand catches,fumbles where my guys stand around like tards and wait for your player to pick it up :lol :(

Nice ints btw,I really need to practice more,then again I never really had skillz at 2k football games so I dont expect to win many.

ps- I declinded the offsides penalty at the end cause it would have been cheap of me to take advantage of that crap.

Jube3

I think if you hadn't looked at the replay you probably would have won that challenge. I don't think it was a complete pass that caused the fumble. That was crazy though, I was slamming the buttons on my controller trying to get up to dive on it lol

Matrix

Yea I dont think it was a complete pass either,but I couldnt help myself :lol It was so absurd.

DMczaf

Typical ****ing dumbass 2K CBs....ugh. I wish this game had NCAA 08's replay system so you guys could have seen it. FMT knows!

DMczaf

It was a lame duck pass that should have been picked off, instead my safety goes into this slapping animation (or was he waving bye to the ball? The world may never know!) which takes him completely out of the play. TD.

I felt like I took a trip into my DeLorean and played some NFL2K5!

Matrix

The game has some serious issues on D,its a cross between 2k5 and next gen Maddens *not this years...I hope*

I love the game on the offensive side of the ball.

Ramirez

DMczaf said:
It was a lame duck pass that should have been picked off, instead my safety goes into this slapping animation (or was he waving bye to the ball? The world may never know!) which takes him completely out of the play. TD.

I felt like I took a trip into my DeLorean and played some NFL2K5!

:lol

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the offensive side of the ball in this game is actually awesome. possibly the best playing offensive game of all time.
I fully agree, but can you help me explain why? Is one of the reasons it feels so good because the D controls like balls?

I can't really tell, but I know I love some APF offense :)

Andokuky

Banned
vumpler said:
Is one of the reasons it feels so good because the D controls like balls?

Yes.

And is auto strafe actually on? I couldn't control shit in my league game last night. Usually I manually control Tom Jesus Jackson at all times but I couldn't do shit against the run because everytime I'd be running he'd be strafing and I'd hold the strafe button to play the pass and he'd just run in circles with no strafe. Is that how auto strafe works? If you hold strafe, it stops strafing?

Jube3

Andokuky said:
Yes.

And is auto strafe actually on? I couldn't control shit in my league game last night. Usually I manually control Tom Jesus Jackson at all times but I couldn't do shit against the run because everytime I'd be running he'd be strafing and I'd hold the strafe button to play the pass and he'd just run in circles with no strafe. Is that how auto strafe works? If you hold strafe, it stops strafing?

Yea thats how it works, I dont think you have to hold it. I think its once you click strafe it goes off. Not 100% sure though.

AkaBalla

Oh snap.... I just asked Bob to meet me online to complete a league game and we dont even play.. Arghhh.. Anyone wanna come meet me in the lobby and play? Ill be in the lobby for the next 10 mins...

Jube3

Just got my ass kicked by akaballa (30-0), good play calling and a good counter D to my O shut my ass down. I didn't make matters better for myself with 3 fumbles and like 4 picks :O Good game though, I got worked :lol The league will be happy to know that, my one redeeming play of the game. Lawrence Taylor up the middle just took Payton out for 11 weeks with the big hit hit stick :D bwuahaha GG akaballa

Shamrock

Banned
Hey guys Ill be around this afternoon. If anyone is home I can play some games. I'll either be on live GT: Shamrock or you can hit me up on AIM: Shamrock666999

AkaBalla

Jube3 said:
The league will be happy to know that, my one redeeming play of the game. Lawrence Taylor up the middle just took Payton out for 11 weeks with the big hit hit stick

Yea i'll learn next time that i wont hold people to 28 yards of total offense or else my stars will get redemption laid on their A$$...

I still cant believe Sweetness is out 11 games.. What am i gonna do?????

SickBoy

I haven't had a chance to take a look at my schedule, but I'm available late tonight if anyone wants to get a game in (I'm Portland/Fisheyelens, BTW).

By "late," I mean after 11 p.m. PT or 2 a.m. ET. On the plus side, I should be an easy win, because I haven't played any human opposition yet :)

EDIT: I'll be able to check the thread about an hour earlier than that to confirm any potential game.

Thanks guys...

vumpler said:
I fully agree, but can you help me explain why? Is one of the reasons it feels so good because the D controls like balls?

I think there is too much momentum on D . . . it sets up this lag loop wherein your joystick movements are not reflected on screen very quickly such that you lose control.

Matrix

I'll be in the lobby in like 5 mins if anyone wants to beat me.

Enron

Banned
Ramirez said:
Give me a break, this has everything to do with VC dropping the ball, nothing to do with the admins of the league.

I didn't say it was the admins' fault. The problems I foresaw all have to do with the sheer number of people involved. When something goes wrong with the draft, or the league site, or whatever you have to inform all 32 people or however many there are, and try to coordinate people dropping, rejoining, making sure everyone gets the admins latest decision, what's going on, etc. It has everything to do with the size of the league and it looks like that is indeed what is happening from scanning through the thread.

Jube3

Nah we got 32 people to sign up twice. But the 2k Leagues for 32 players seems to be broken. Rather than go through that again and again they just cut down the number. If it wasnt for the 2k website problems the 32 man league woulda been up and running no problems, a little slower than people would like to start maybe but it would be up and running.

Top Bottom