• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

LiveWire

FMT: No worries, I understand. Though I was really looking forward to winning a few games with Stenerud! 57-yarders are SO easy! :lol

But that will never happen now, will it? Because y'all just left me hanging....but that's OK, I understand.

BTW I just heard Konex on IM saying he thought the Niners were Superbowl-bound this season. Just sayin'.

Hunter D

I'm in the lobby again if anyone wants to play.

Edit: Yep, you played me. You should have gotten a gold receiver, a few more legend receivers, and a silver pass catching back because moon tears shit up in the spread offense. He has that pass selling ability, rocket arm, and play stealing to make it work.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG,I think I played Hunter?

Jesus christ I cant play D in this game :lol

Owned by f-ing Otis Anderson all game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hunter...Fmt drafted my team cause I didnt have the game/or my refurb 360 back at the time and wasnt sure I was going to be able to play.

I have a shitty team on O built around Moon cause of Fmt :p

Friggin Jackie Smith,a damn Cowgirl as my 2nd gold pick :(

LiveWire said:
FMT: No worries, I understand. Though I was really looking forward to winning a few games with Stenerud! 57-yarders are SO easy! :lol

But that will never happen now, will it? Because y'all just left me hanging....but that's OK, I understand.

It's cause we are skins fans...

Jube3

Cerebral Palsy said:
People have already played 6 games? WTF? I thought we had 3 or 4 days to get each game in. No way I can keep up with that.

I think the most games played so far is 4.

thank god there is another football game out this year cause i just played possibly the most boring game of all time. here is what the game consisted of:

1. 29 rushing attempts by my opponent. i would guesstimate 25 were HB dive
2. 11 sacks by my opponent
3. 3 passes by my opponent
4. i played against bear defense 95% of the game

lol i dont even blame jube. the defense in this game is broken as ****. but how is any of the above fun? it's not. the reason we play in a league is to play sim ball. but as i say, its hard to blame someone for playing a broken game in the only way to succeed.

oh well! dad will be home next week to take us all home!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
4. i played against bear defense 95% of the game

I would hope you lit that up. I would have.

But then again for some reason im not part of the league

Anyway, Shotgun would kill bear defense

Jube3

I didn't even know I was playing the game broken. I just used bear formation cause it played to my teams strength and what I thought might be your teams weakness :( I would get crushed if I tried to pass to moore or a no star reciever against ronnie lott. Most of my runs were actually tosses and quick runs to the outside, I only ran HB dive on hurry ups or on short yardage (3 & 2 etc). Sorry if I didnt pass much i just tried to play to my teams strengths :(

the point is a sim league should have some type of mixing up of defense. i dont want to play against bear every play, or 4-3, or 3-4. but, LIKES i said, whateva! i do what i want!

p.s. you would be in the league if you had signed in on time like 20 other people did :D

AkaBalla

Well we could always enforce mixing up plays... Thats how i see sim as anyhow.. Not the same 3-4 plays in a game.. I dunno thats my opinion..

I didn't even know I was playing the game broken. I just use bear formation cause it plays to my teams strength and your teams weakness :( I would get crushed if I tried to pass to moore or a no star reciever against ronnie lott. Most of my runs were actually tosses and quick runs to the outside, I only ran HB dive on hurry ups or on short yardage (3 & 2 etc). Sorry if I didnt pass much i just tried to play to my teams strengths :(

like i said i dont blame you, but the running system in this game is broken. doesn't matter if i pinch, blitz to the side you're running, etc.

BirdBomb

Banned
the passing game is just as broken. the entire defense is broken. it plays a lot like madden 07. just pick a play and hope you dont get burned on some long stupid run or burned deep in double coverage.

Jube3

AkaBalla said:
Well we could always enforce mixing up plays... Thats how i see sim as anyhow.. Not the same 3-4 plays in a game.. I dunno thats my opinion..

I didn't just pick the same play all game. In end of the second quarter I noticed I was putting alot of pressure on him ( i was getting him to scramble or run into other players on my team) with bear man plays so I started throwing in more blitzes. It was paying off so i kept the pressure on. I ran the ball pretty well that game, but AKABalla held me to 28 total yards the game before.

i think that is my problem with APF: consistency. for instance, in the game i just played, i had plays where i slanted my D-line the way the run ended up going AND had a blitz to that same side, but got burned. later in the game i had the line slanted the wrong way, with NO blitz, and i get a stop for a loss.

there is no rhyme or reason as to why things work in this game. call a CB and the safety gets a pick while going to cover the WR! call a "safe" 2 deep zone and that same safety just stands there even with help while the WR catches a deep bomb.

oh well, enough sour grapes!

I would have thrown bombs the whole time if they ran nothing but bear. Defense isn't broken.

lol to who? john taylor being covered by gold woodson, or my no-name WR who drops open passes?

AkaBalla

Why was the league supported with Strafe on? Hot Routes off and Normal speed?

This is what Zep told me to post....... Haha we had a convo about the settings... There not the best thats why were having these boring as games..

Zep

Banned
lol @ me telling you to post this. I got the hand of god, i'll say anything I want.

But in all seriousness, I can't play with Auto-strafe on, normal speed and no multiple hot routes...cramps my style.

Matrix

2k doesnt like our league.

Matrix

Who wants to beat me in this sucky ass game!? :p

Im heading to the lobby.

bluemax

Banned
The drops in this game are pretty ridiculous. Also the passing controls can bite me. I got sacked at least twice when it pump faked instead of throwing the ball.

Gotta love Marcus Allen's ability to break almost every tackle. Too bad Gale Sayers is a god at punt returns.

Matrix

piece of shit 2k servers

piece of shit D in this game

GG Ando,if you dont get the W,Fmt give it to him

This bitch hits ebay after this league is over

Hunter D

I can't figure out why you guys are having problems. I don't have any problems playing defense. I can rush the passer, stop the running game, and pick off and defend passes and all I play is 4-3, 3-4, dime, nickle. I don't play any bear or anything else that is similar to it and stop the run.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
My D is ASS.... period...

I dont even get beat by drives... all are pass play for 80 yds or a rb running it all the way... I am garbage and gamefly is my friend

LiveWire

Hunter D said:
I can't figure out why you guys are having problems. I don't have any problems playing defense. I can rush the passer, stop the running game, and pick off and defend passes and all I play is 4-3, 3-4, dime, nickle. I don't play any bear or anything else that is similar to it and stop the run.

I've had the same experience against several people in the league. Rarely do I give up big plays and when I do it was either great playcalling by my opponent or I made a dumbass decision. But whatever, if everyone wants to go back to ninja linebackers and mario running, so be it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
HOLD UP!!! The league started? When?

Anyone think to PM me some info or send me a message on Live (which I'm on constantly) or on AIM which is never shut off?

Hello.

I just now found FMTs big message about starting a new league. I was on Xbox Live at that exact time. Any number of you guys would have seen me there. That kinda sucks guys.

Matrix

Ill play ya Chris.

Just challenge me when u get in.

Rorschach

Truelize said:
I just now found FMTs big message about starting a new league. I was on Xbox Live at that exact time. Any number of you guys would have seen me there. That kinda sucks guys.
I would have if my xbox worked! I never see you on aim, though. Always afk.

it does and i'm sorry. but, this league wasn't going to happen period with 32 people. also, if this league didn't at least start before madden arrived, it would be DOA. again, my apologies. the madden league will be up next week and everyone can be merry. (except the people who aren't in the APF league and are still pissed off about it.... which will likely be CB and truelize)

p.s. i sent everyone who was on AIM on saturday a link to my post about the new league

Matrix

I hate this game,that is all.

0-16 here I come!

Curt Warner tore me a new one! whoooooo no D can stop him

GG Chris.

True,want to take my place!? Is that possible,anyone know?

Top Bottom