• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New previews of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

My 2nd most anticipated Switch game this year right after Xenoblade 2.

And at the very least one of them will definitely come out this year.

Why are we still talking like Xenoblade 2 isn't coming this year?

Anyway there are a lot of people about to feast on some crow over this game. It's almost day one for me. There aren't enough good strategy games on the market

Toxi

Banned
The game looks really good, but I can't help but be annoyed at the lack of, how could I explain this, Nintendo Magic in the menus and UI. The lack of transitions, the letters that just appear with no effect or fade in text boxes, the fonts. The menus and UI look cheap and lazy as hell, typical Ubisoft. No bells and whistles, no fades, no slides, no bounces, no snaps. Just, bam! Here's a new page! Some parts have them, but many don't. It looks really uneven.
I prefer them to this nonsense

maxresdefault.jpg

The game looks really good, but I can't help but be annoyed at the lack of, how could I explain this, Nintendo Magic in the menus and UI. The lack of transitions, the letters that just appear with no effect or fade in text boxes, the fonts. The menus and UI look cheap and lazy as hell, typical Ubisoft. No bells and whistles, no fades, no slides, no bounces, no snaps. Just, bam! Here's a new page! Some parts have them, but many don't. It looks really uneven.

Yeah, looks like a mobile title, unlike the rest of the presentation. A real shame.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
One of the best goddamn looking games i've ever seen.

I know, technicaly, it's not, but they really nailed the artistic side of things and the animations are freaking CGI movie quality.

I'm more excited about this game now than Odyssey :eek:

I agree with this. The game world itself is gorgeous, but the UI's cool blue, basic geometries, and overall typography make me think of an EA-era Maxis release, Civilization Revolution, or how Ubisoft Tetris looks next to Puyo Puyo Tetris. All plainly functional, the straight man next to the rest of the game. Simplicity and clarity without the elegance.

oti

Banned
I agree with this. The game world itself is gorgeous, but the UI's cool blue, basic geometries, and overall typography make me think of an EA-era Maxis release, Civilization Revolution, or how Ubisoft Tetris looks next to Puyo Puyo Tetris. All plainly functional, the straight man next to the rest of the game. Simplicity and clarity without the elegance.

UI reminds me of Mass Effect and that's a good thing.

vaderise

Didn't know this game supported co-op at all. And no extra controllers are required, seperate joycons are supported for co-op which is fantastic news for me. Now this is in my definite-buy list!

Wamb0wneD

I just realized i probably have to dread the german synchro for stuff like the boss in the trailer...God why do languages have to be System based on the Switch.....

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
That Boo phantom world

That art

GOTY candidate. Nintendo please use this artstyle for the next Mario RPG

This looks really nice on a visual level. I'm also interested in the gameplay too.

*adds another game to list of Switch games to get once I get a Switch down the road*

I've never gone from wanting something less to wanting something more in such a small amount of time.

Also omg at the Opera Boss. "Your Princess is in another castle" lol

watershed

Banned
Wow, that was legitimately an amazing trailer. The game looks so good and Ubisoft have handled the roll out since reveal exactly right. They're really helping this game shine.

Have you played DMC4?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GL694lMaOd0

Had a great introduction to the boss fight lol.

Edit: I never played FF Tactics. Is it similar to Shining Force?

No i havent, but that wasnt what i was talking about, although its cool.

What i want is the boss singing during the battle, thats the hard thing to make.

...I had no idea how much I wanted this.

Glad oher people like my idea, that means is not so shit afterall hahaha

Mentok

Banned
Pre-ordered after their terrific E3 showing, despite my fear that Ubi will add DLC/micro transactions to it. A cartoony X-Com sounds awesome.

Yukinari

Forget Rabbid's questionable Wii history for a moment and embrace this beautiful mess.

Why does everyone act like the Rabbids have absolutely nothing redeemable about them during the Wii era. Only thing i genuinely hated was Rayman 4 becoming Rabbids 1.

Rabbids Go Home and Rabbids Travel in Time are pretty fun games.

The humor in Go Home especially is more enjoyable than say Minions.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Why does everyone act like the Rabbids have absolutely nothing redeemable about them during the Wii era. Only thing i genuinely hated was Rayman 4 becoming Rabbids 1.

Rabbids Go Home and Rabbids Travel in Time are pretty fun games.

The humor in Go Home especially is more enjoyable than say Minions.
I suspect few gaffers played RGH. Which is a genuine shame.

I'm pretty mad that Nintendo and Ubisoft sold me on this game because I despise the Rabbids but man there is almost no way I don't buy this game.

My biggest worry is that it'll either be too short or lacking content or both.

watershed

Banned
This game might be the best looking Switch game to date. There's richness to all the character models, animations, and backgrounds. Everything is a treat. Do we know if it's 1080p 60fps?

The music is also sounding good. Grant is living the dream with this project and making it his own.

Top Bottom