• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New previews of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

jacobeid

Banned
Oh yes. Things are looking real good for this one.

Just watched the Easy Allies preview and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Glad I was one of the few who remained at least slightly optimistic before the full reveal :p

Jacobeid said:
I'm just going to take the wait and see approach. I don't expect that this will be something for me but I'd be glad to see something I didn't expect!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235511734&postcount=488

Neoxon

I wasn't planning on buying anything this month so I could stockpile financially for MvCI & Super Mario Odyssey, maybe I'll get this after all.

It's depressing how low this title continues to sink.

Also depressing that their self-described month to "win over gamers" is so blatantly transparent and yet people are still falling for it.

I hope y'all are as cheery when Metroid + Mighty Number 9: SR388 Showdown and Kirby + Minions: Dream Land League get announced because that's what you're enabling by giving this garbage the time of day.

Also depressing that their self-described month to "win over gamers" is so blatantly transparent and yet people are still falling for it.

I hope y'all are as cheery when Metroid + Mighty Number 9: SR388 Showdown and Kirby + Minions: Dream Land League get announced because that's what you're enabling by giving this garbage the time of day.

I hope this is sarcasm, but I am unsure. Why would you considering this title of "sinking low"? It has gotten pretty glowing previews and impressions. Even people that said Rabbids aren't their thing are enjoying the title.

Wat

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

The previews are looking positive and the game is looking quite good with a really passionate creative director. What's not to like?

HeySeuss

Hot takes that make you burn the edge off!

VeeP

Joke post right? Because if not, one of the worst hot takes I've seen on this forum in a long time.

Graphics look good, gameplay looks fun, impressions are solid all around.

watershed

Banned

Yeah this thread was really slowing down. I agree it needed a fresh injection of nonsense to keep things going.

The previews are looking positive and the game is looking quite good with a really passionate creative director. What's not to like?

A nonsensical crossover with one of the most prestigious and important gaming franchises of all time, and a creatively bankrupt franchise of proto-minions that'd been thankfully dead for years before now. They're sloppily cobbled together in a genre that makes 0 sense for either of the two properties involved. On top of that the company in charge clearly has little understanding of the valuable source material they've been handed the key to, made painfully obvious by those leaked slides from back before E3. Throw in some meme garbage, dabbing and selfies, and you've got this trashpile of a game.

A nonsensical crossover with one of the most prestigious and important gaming franchises of all time, and a creatively bankrupt franchise of proto-minions that'd been thankfully dead for years before now, all in a genre that makes 0 sense for either of the two properties involved, piled on top of the company in charge having little understanding of the valuable source material they've been handed the key to, made painfully obvious by those leaked slides from back before E3. Throw in some meme garbage, dabbing and selfies, and you've got this trashpile of a game.

oh my

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif

diaspora

A nonsensical crossover with one of the most prestigious and important gaming franchises of all time, and a creatively bankrupt franchise of proto-minions that'd been thankfully dead for years before now. They're sloppily cobbled together in a genre that makes 0 sense for either of the two properties involved. On top of that the company in charge clearly has little understanding of the valuable source material they've been handed the key to, made painfully obvious by those leaked slides from back before E3. Throw in some meme garbage, dabbing and selfies, and you've got this trashpile of a game.

Aw, see, this is where you fucked up.

phanphare

Banned

am I the only one that would fuck with that metroid + mighty number 9 game?

Gaenor

Banned

tumblr_inline_mvuciwG0UF1rhignx.gif

No way you're serious :p

bumpkin

Show us on the teddy bear where the rabbid touched you...

Game looks amazing. I was in the skeptic camp when the first info/art leaked, but now I am a believer. I cannot wait for this game!

VeeP

Okay, he's obviously joking guys :). Nice one wildvine.

No way you're serious :p

I've hated this game concept even back when it was just a rumor. Seeing it less than a month from release is sickening.

Aw, see, this is where you fucked up.

The game itself looks solidly made (even if it's in a nonsensical genre choice for the two franchises and one I have 0 interest in), and the visuals are solid, all of that jazz. The basic premise of the game is what I'm talking about when I say it's sloppy. A Rayman and Mario crossover would've fit like a glove. Mario and a bunch of Rabbid parodies of Mario characters is like trying to shove your foot in the glove instead.

They're making something that doesn't make any sense but still looks really fun? idk it seems like they understand Nintendo pretty well to me. I also find it funny how you avoid mentioning any gameplay at all in your complaints, honestly it really just seems like you have some insane grudge against the rabbids lol.

diaspora

I've hated this game concept even back when it was just a rumor. Seeing it less than a month from release is sickening.

The game itself looks solidly made (even if it's in a nonsensical genre choice for the two franchises and one I have 0 interest in), and the visuals are solid, all of that jazz. The basic premise of the game is what I'm talking about when I say it's sloppy. A Rayman and Mario crossover would've fit like a glove. Mario and a bunch of Rabbid parodies of Mario characters is like trying to shove your foot in the glove instead.

It makes as much sense as say- a Super Mario RPG. It will in all likelihood be welcome warmly both critically and commercially so this upsetting you is the cherry on top.

Sciz

You seem confused.

We know what this game is, and the history and style of the Rabbids, and how strange it is for Mario to pack an arm cannon.

And we like what we see.

Ivan 3414

lmao.

You seem confused.

We know what this game is, and the history and style of the Rabbids, and how strange it is for Mario to pack an arm cannon.

And we like what we see.

nonono don't you get it? we're WRONG for liking it! can't you see that? god has deemed this a trash game! now start disliking it you SHEEPLE!

mj-laughing.gif

Kazer

Chill out lol, it's just a video game. The crossover might not make sense (and I am not a fan of Rabbids at all), but it looks silly and fun. Mario has been in all sorts of games at this point so there's no reason for them to stop trying new things.

jrDev

I'm pretty mad that Nintendo and Ubisoft sold me on this game because I despise the Rabbids but man there is almost no way I don't buy this game.

My biggest worry is that it'll either be too short or lacking content or both.
Did you read the impressions and look at the screens? Pretty sure the game is going to be massive...

The game itself looks solidly made (even if it's in a nonsensical genre choice for the two franchises and one I have 0 interest in), and the visuals are solid, all of that jazz.
Ah yeah. I remember your reaction when the concept was released. It was somthing

hatchx

Banned

I don't know if you're serious, but the gameplay and presentation are incredible. It's some of the most richly detailed environments in any Mario game ever, and it looks like incredibly fluid, well-paced, and fun X-Com-style gameplay. Not to mention it has incredible animation and one of the lead designers teared up because of how passionate he is.

Seriously, give it a chance. I have a feeling this game will do very well, and Rabbids will somehow, over the year, become only known for this tie-in, and in many ways, become a 'Mario' group of characters. Maybe we'll see them in the next Smash?

Seriously, give it a chance. I have a feeling this game will do very well, and Rabbids will somehow, over the year, become only known for this tie-in, and in many ways, become a 'Mario' group of characters. Maybe we'll see them in the next Smash?

You just described my literal nightmare scenario lol. I hope to god those screaming little abominations don't ever touch Smash.

Nilaul

Did Ubisoft or Rabbids ruin your childhood or something?

Serrato

That new trailer is substentially amazing

Bonus Points : The lyrics

"Who do you think you are? You should kneel, I'm the star.
You are nothing but a parody. I'll find you a good role in a tragedy.

'It's-a-me, let's-a-go!', the only words you know!
My art will touch your Princess's heart, and you will be pulled apart!

You think you'll win this tournament? I'll send you to retirement.
You're so not worth the hassle. Your Princess is in another castle!

Mushrooms won't end the pain. Time for the Phantom to start his reign!"

legend166

Won't somebody please think of the artistic integrity of Mario.

Heck, if he has to be in a game with Sonic, the Rabbids are actually a step up.

Man, have you ever just wondered to yourself how fucking mental the whole Mario+Rabbids saga has been?

A seemingly one-off rumor which honestly felt like fanfiction (Mario? Rabbids? Grant Kirkhope on music?!), corroborated by internal document leaks, with a grand E3 reveal that shows its true nature (an X-COM styled strategy game), trailers that are brimming with hilarity and humor, and these previews that are absolutely glowing.

Hell, I got to play it myself at E3 and I was caught flat-footed by my initial impressions, thinking it would be nothing special, then having those expectations shattered to bits.

Hats off to Davide Soliani and the Ubisoft Milan team. They've really crafted a phenomenal experience from the most unlikely franchise crossover I can really think off at this point.

Top Bottom