• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Gen graphical hopes

etiolate

Banned
I hope realism hits a wall and a trend towards abstract and more personalized visuals continue to grow. There use to be a limited pallette and amount of sprites/ploygons that setup a graphical standard. With the technology available by next generation there should be no excuses for so many games looking so much alike.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Really, what I'd like to see is steady framerates, and the end of "choking" problems and wild dancing framerates. Following that, better physics is always good, but I'd also like to see geometry capability get high enough to allow for a balanced spread of geometry across all elements of a game's visual design. Allow for decent environments and characters both, not one or the other as often seems to be the tradeoff in this gen.

Past that, I'm not all that picky. The end of loading times would be nice, very nice, but I would hope for at the very LEAST, loading times on part with the fastest-loading Gamecube titles.

Top Bottom