• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previews it seems. There's a guy on era saying it will happen in around 2 hours (2 PM CEST), it's the same dude that leaked the PS+ games for November.

Cattura.png
So we'll get this and possibly something Xbox related too? I say this because of what Jez twitted on Tuesday:

It could be something for another day tho.

Garani

I'm only referring to launch day
I don't know what Sony is doing after that but all stock will most likely be online due to the pandemic

I agree with you that on launch day there will be next to no units available if not pre-ordered. We do know that already.

But then the launch will be done and dusted, and people will start comparing games, and some will be sharing their game experience with their friends, and Twitch will be full of videos. Add that to the fact that there will be demo units in retail outlets and that's where the real battle begins

I agree with you that on launch day there will be next to no units available if not pre-ordered. We do know that already.

But then the launch will be done and dusted, and people will start comparing games, and some will be sharing their game experience with their friends, and Twitch will be full of videos. Add that to the fact that there will be demo units in retail outlets and that's where the real battle begins
Well if the pandemic is still around I doubt they will allow a battle in the first place
I don't know why you are ignoring the pandemic
The battles will take place online along with dealing with the bots lol
But bots only account for a small fraction of the sell outs the rest is due to unbelievable demand
If they allow people in stores after launch to congregate I will be shocked

Last edited:
There is no mention of RDNA1. He makes it clear it's custom, RDNA2 based. Also stresses that the CUs are RDNA2. But clearly, not all of the feature set from RDNA2 is used.

Pretty much and thats the most important part that people are overlooking. Also I've seen people say the PS5 is a mix of RDNA2 and RDNA1 however I don't see any indication that proves that. It could very well be RDNA2 - Some RDNA2 features with some features added. We definitely know that Sony added the Cache Scrubbers to their GPU plus there appears to be a change in their GE based off what Cerny said.

Garani

Well if the pandemic is still around I doubt they will allow a battle in the first place
I don't know why you are ignoring the pandemic
The battles will take place online along with dealing with the bots lol
If they allow people in stores after launch to congregate I will be shocked

I am not ignoring the pandemic. I myself am currently in quarantine regime waiting for the covid test results. So I am well aware of what it is and what it means.

What I am telling you is that chain retails NEED people in their shops. 2 weeks ago (before being quarantined) I went to buy a new TV furniture and the place was packed full of people beyond belief. I was totally shoked by the sheer amount of people in the shopping centre: every store was packed with people.

I am not ignoring the pandemic. I myself am currently in quarantine regime waiting for the covid test results. So I am well aware of what it is and what it means.

What I am telling you is that chain retails NEED people in their shops. 2 weeks ago (before being quarantined) I went to buy a new TV furniture and the place was packed full of people beyond belief. I was totally shoked by the sheer amount of people in the shopping centre: every store was packed with people.
That's shocking
If cases start kicking back up even more during the winter (very likely), I expect that to stop real soon

Garani

That's shocking
If cases start kicking back up even more during the winter (very likely), I expect that to stop real soon
Well, Europe is about to go that way soon: Ireland, France and Germany in lockdown. Belgium and The Netherlands have all hospitals full. Spain is raising but gradually coling things down. In Italy, where pandemic looks like to be 2 weeks back from current France and Germany, if moving to a lockdown situation.

Actually in EU we may miss the 19th if they stop all shipping of non essential goods.

I don't usually pitch in too much on ongoing drama about specs, I don't really enjoy it as it can bring out the worst in some of us, and hell, it's not my area of expertise nor I wish for it to be, but I gotta get this thought out of my chest:

Is it really that complicated to understand that PS5 doesn't have the full vanilla set of AMD RDNA2 features while being based on its architecture? Particularly, when we've seen here patents, applied by a certain Mark Evan Cerny, with the purpose of addressing stuff like VRS by his own method. I don't think is very hard to figure out that Sony picked the features of RDNA2 they were happy with and they customized their way through other features they thought they could improve over what AMD had to offer. Also because, remember, PS5 has to take into account VR, so it's very likely that the implementation of some of this features were customized so they could work better on VR on day 1 as opposed to vanilla RDNA2.

And before some of you start sharpening your knifes, I am not claiming with this that it makes the PS5 better or more efficient, or that any of the custom features are going to end up on RDNA3, I'm merely saying that they very likely did their thing in some aspects, and I don't think that excludes the idea of the GPU being RDNA2 based, as they've said many times it is. I mean, by the same metric, if you think Sony is lying I don't get why you like to believe Microsoft when they say whatever they say, other than because you suffer of a childish case of bias.

It's clear that Microsoft is RDNA2 with all of its features, and that Sony picked some and added their custom approach on others. The idea that one is better than the other just based on the path they chose while developing the GPU feels idiotic to me. Games will tell us how they fared, and so far, I fail to see an argument for next-gen visuals as solid as Demon's Souls. And it's a PS5 game, imagine that.

Mr Moose

1.7 just dropped. Video is out of date 😜
Yeah, dunno wtf the update does (23GB, yeesh) but not help loading times apparently (12:25 in the vid he mentions the new update).
Edit:

Days Gone Update 1.7 Patch Notes
Added operational stability improvements
Addressed crashing issues
Fixed framerate drop and lag issues
Performance and stability performance

Last edited:

devilNprada

I don't usually pitch in too much on ongoing drama about specs, I don't really enjoy it as it can bring out the worst in some of us, and hell, it's not my area of expertise nor I wish for it to be, but I gotta get this thought out of my chest:

Is it really that complicated to understand that PS5 doesn't have the full vanilla set of AMD RDNA2 features while being based on its architecture? Particularly, when we've seen here patents, applied by a certain Mark Evan Cerny, with the purpose of addressing stuff like VRS by his own method. I don't think is very hard to figure out that Sony picked the features of RDNA2 they were happy with and they customized their way through other features they thought they could improve over what AMD had to offer. Also because, remember, PS5 has to take into account VR, so it's very likely that the implementation of some of this features were customized so they could work better on VR on day 1 as opposed to vanilla RDNA2.

And before some of you start sharpening your knifes, I am not claiming with this that it makes the PS5 better or more efficient, or that any of the custom features are going to end up on RDNA3, I'm merely saying that they very likely did their thing in some aspects, and I don't think that excludes the idea of the GPU being RDNA2 based, as they've said many times it is. I mean, by the same metric, if you think Sony is lying I don't get why you like to believe Microsoft when they say whatever they say, other than because you suffer of a childish case of bias.

It's clear that Microsoft is RDNA2 with all of its features, and that Sony picked some and added their custom approach on others. The idea that one is better than the other just based on the path they chose while developing the GPU feels idiotic to me. Games will tell us how they fared, and so far, I fail to see an argument for next-gen visuals as solid as Demon's Souls. And it's a PS5 game, imagine that.

Well yeah, based means ground level not ceiling, who says differently?

Sethbacca

Best Buy's Black Friday and is out if people are looking for game deals. Doesn't appear to be anything so far on newer cross gen stuff but RDR 2 at $20 and FF7R for $30 and similar deals are in there if people are looking for last gen titles to play enhanced on their new systems.

FunkMiller

It's amazing when you see people fawning over cardboard boxes and techno-babble. It would be so interesting to have someone remember when that sold a console. Yeah, never.

Games. That's all. You have it? Bring it!

You don't? Take a hike.

If Xbox had been able to show more AAA next gen gameplay, all these arguments over RDNA2 and packaging would have dried up completely.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Yeah, dunno wtf the update does (23GB, yeesh) but not help loading times apparently (12:25 in the vid he mentions the new update).
Edit:

Days Gone Update 1.7 Patch Notes
Added operational stability improvements
Addressed crashing issues
Fixed framerate drop and lag issues
Performance and stability performance
23gb???

martino

If Xbox had been able to show more AAA next gen gameplay, all these arguments over RDNA2 and packaging would have dried up completely.
not all people are focusing on one brand advantage making it an instant and definitive win and all that matter like most here
those people are the normal complex ones.
you lot are not.

(edit : don't be confused here, it can be exclusive, power , bc , price....)

Last edited:

FunkMiller

It's fucked up because AFAIK there is no way to buy physical deluxe edition. Still tho gating those items behind additional 20euro is so fucking shitty...

Yep. This is some Ubisoft level shit. Rather hoping there’s a big enough backlash for this to be altered. Disappointed coming from Sony first party. Very disappointed.

I think one thing we can all agree on in here is that video gaming is fucking broken with the amount of naked greed on display. Needs someone to come in and shake things up.

Last edited:

hemo memo

You can't die before your death
Lads like Serrano or Tidux, they share what's already there but spin it with a "here we go" or "look what I found for ya"... its insane they have a following... The worst one was that foxy UK, he invented a complete fake Sony event in London

Both probably were GAF members who got banned for spreading false information so they opened a twitter account to spread shit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom