• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickolaidas

Hmm ... fade to black, eh? Video edit? Or a way to make the PS4 / PC version work? That is, PS4/PC HDD versions will have the whole ten second elevator animation, while the PS5 version will simply fade to black?

Mr Moose

Not 1440p? :pie_thinking:
Looks really nice, can't wait.

e437c023125be74de5bfe652dce27c08.jpg

Last edited:

LucidFlux

Stood out like dogs balls. They really need to embrace realistic physics and materials with the new cpu gen. This shot ain’t going to fly with me.

Yea that kinda took me out of it for a second. I'm really surprised that particle sim didn't have any physics applied, especially with what we've already seen with the R&C gameplay and how many particles with physics they're pushing. It's certainly not a question of whether they could have, but why they didn't.

just trying to reference it, i mean this video is 5 mins of pure awesomeness, i mean are we looking forward to 10 hours of that 20, 30, before we look at extra modes or something

For me it was my first souls game and took me roughly 20 I think (without multiplayer or any of the replayability)

Last edited:

Shmunter

Yea that kinda took me out of it for a second. I'm really surprised that particle sim didn't have any physics applied, especially with what we've already seen with the R&C gameplay and how many particles with physics they're pushing. It's certainly not a question of whether they could have, but why they didn't.
Some seasoned Twitter user should highlight the importance to them

Antelope

SInce DualSense is already in the wild, did anyone see its microphone recording sample? I am wondering if it stands up to at least Pulse 3D.

I want to know if it can power a decent headset via the 3.5mm jack. I’m not a fan of the 3d Pulse. It looks like a spaceship I strap to my head. I prefer sleek and simple design.

buenoblue

Series x is more powerful. Full stop. I'm getting ps5 cause I love sonys exclusive output and I have a reasonable pc to play xbox games on. But yeah xbox smashed it on the hardware front and now with bethesda they got games too. Competition is good. It drives thing forward.

Both machines far surpass what I thought possible for consoles so I'm very happy.

I'm gaming on a ryzen 5 3600, 2070 super and a big standard ssd at the moment and I'm constantly blown away. Both these consoles should be better that this pc. Can't wait baby.

Duchess

I have a lot of fond memories of Demon's Souls. Being in the UK, it wasn't initially released when people on GameFAQs were going on about how great it was.

Luckily, the PS3 was region free and so I got a US copy, being told I would be able to use the American servers.

I remember the first time I died and I was reset to the archstone. All the enemies had come back and I had lost all my souls.

Huh? I had done so much and there wasn't a checkpoint? I decided to pause the game and check a FAQ.

You can't pause the game.

Double huh?!

Well, I figured, I'll just have to gain more souls and level up, so I can get through things easier. Now, how do I do that?

You ... you have to beat the first boss before you can level up?!!

Oh my god.

Good times :D

LucidFlux

Ideally, the Boulder should crash through the wooden path, splintering the wood realistically. Could have left half the path as crossable not affecting traversal.

Absolutely. We've already seen particles with physics systems in place if you look at that first boss fight, (not sure of its name, but the big dude from the first gameplay trailer) he smashes the stone pillars into rubble which realistically crumbles as it falls across the ground before it eventually disappears.

CD Projekt's grand gesture with the player who asked for a vacation to play Cyberpunk 2077 in November

Nickolaidas

Now I understand how the purists felt when they rejected the re-modeled Flamelurker.

#NotMyManEater

Is it just me or is it hilarious that someone who literally sells their soul to Microsoft is only just now getting a system?? There have been people who have had one since the beginning of the month and he just now got one 😂
He looks like he's about to cry inside because the console he got doesn't play Demon's Souls.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

"And that wouldn't make a big difference to the gameplay or the core in any way, it was just what people wanted. For instance, the camera in the original Demon's Souls, it got stuck on the collision or went through the wall or all sorts of those things. And then in a modern game, people don't expect that. So we changed the camera. One of the things that we did do, which is really cool though, is that we allowed you to switch to the old camera if you want to.

And that is a feature that we always do with our remakes. If you don't like what we've done, we've left the old system in there. So if you want to switch to that, then please switch to that."

THANK YOU

FunkMiller

"And that wouldn't make a big difference to the gameplay or the core in any way, it was just what people wanted. For instance, the camera in the original Demon's Souls, it got stuck on the collision or went through the wall or all sorts of those things. And then in a modern game, people don't expect that. So we changed the camera. One of the things that we did do, which is really cool though, is that we allowed you to switch to the old camera if you want to.

And that is a feature that we always do with our remakes. If you don't like what we've done, we've left the old system in there. So if you want to switch to that, then please switch to that."

THANK YOU

The attention to detail and respect for the original material that Bluepoint have shown with both their most recent games is a breath of fresh air in the relative cesspit that games development is these days.

I hope Sony do buy them, and let them make something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom