• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
im really curious about PS5s RAM setup. It can't be GGDR6 because if it was Cerny would have said so in that initial article. I think they are doing something special there...

most of their games are kinda AA games. they don't really have that amazing system seller yet. this is where The Initiative comes in.

I think it's because O onQ123 maybe on to something. Read the sentences below from AMD.

Last edited:
it was an awful product. it sold 25million copies and had no good games and didn't work about 30% of the time. i bought one. had it plugged in for about 5min unplugged it and that was it. he based he entire nexgen on it.
and project natal existed before he got onboard.

Yeah, Peter Molyneux started that A.I project long ago presented in Fable, but i was finished under Mattrick as Project X, later Natal then Kinect in the end.

Iamthedarkcloud

Neo Member
For what I'm seeing here and what I believe both consoles will have around the same GPU and Tf. MS probably will have a better CPU and sony better memory (ram and ssd). That said both will have similar prices. I think in the last 2 years MS have been working to acquire softhouses so they can compete better with sony when it comes to exclusives. That will be an interesting battle. As a Sony fan I'm really interested in what both of them are doing and I'm confident in both consoles.

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

Changing tack from specs/price for a minute. Does anyone have any thoughts on this quote from the Jim Ryan interview with Gamesindustry?

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-had-to-make-changes-to-deliver-our-ps5-dream

Reading the rest of the article and it is clear Sony have streamlined and globalised the business in preparation for the above plan over the last year or two. I'm struggling to see how they'll be able to convince the 35+ million PS+ subscribers to buy a PS5 asap. Especially so if it is $500 or nearly £500. Even at $399/£349 it would be a surprise they'd beat PS4's ~18 million year one sales.
i can honestly see them bundling deals with psnow and even some new service we haven’t seen yet.. maybe some sort is ps+/psnow premium service?

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
The Initiative is going to be MS' flagship studio. Let's wait before making that statement.
They do have some talent over there but from what I understand they're still a rather small studio. Naughty Dog is a cut above the rest but we shall see :)

R600

Banned
So Klee ghosted entire Reee yesterday and now he is like "I wont post them because that would bring heat on my 3rd party friend, and I work 12hr nightshifts at Alaska so I wasnt here after that last shit show of a post"

Lol...cant wait for him to gain enough fans and makes youtube channel.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So Klee ghosted entire Reee yesterday and now he is like "I wont post them because that would bring heat on my 3rd party friend, and I work 12hr nightshifts at Alaska so I wasnt here after that last shit show of a post"

He mentioned a few days ago he was considering that very thing starting his own channel.

xool

From Reeeeee :

cI8D8R9.png

"I got specs but can't tell" is eeww territory for me ..

44alltheway

From Reeeeee :

cI8D8R9.png

I honestly have no issue with him doing this. He said he talked to the mods which makes it more likely he does have the specs. Yes, it’s annoying that he won’t share them, but if he genuinely believes it could put his source in harm’s way, then I’m fine with him not sharing it. I would like to know if he still stands behind the PS5 being a little bit more powerful than the Series X, though.

FranXico

I honestly have no issue with him doing this. He said he talked to the mods which makes it more likely he does have the specs. Yes, it’s annoying that he won’t share them, but if he genuinely believes it could put his source in harm’s way, then I’m fine with him not sharing it. I would like to know if he still stands behind the PS5 being a little bit more powerful than the Series X, though.
He did say multiple times that he stands by what he said since start. Having said that, any probable power difference is smaller than last gen.

From Reeeeee :

cI8D8R9.png

Like he said, he messed up for saying "i have spec sheets" :D Well, his own fault

No I definitely messed up admitting I have specs.

I regret that and it was not at all my intention to stir any controversy. I have also explained this to the administration staff.

Honesty I was so tired, I didn't even think much of it at the time.

Not a good excuse, but it's the truth.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ne...-see-staff-post.159131/page-152#post-27583567

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I hate people who do this weird flex, like if you have info then share it. Dont do the typical "hey guys guys I got the intel you need, but nah fam cant say anything" stop being an attention whore.
Anyone have a track record of klee's rumours and claims vs. what actually happened?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Anyone have a track record of klee's rumours and claims vs. what actually happened?
I personally dont care about his record, more due to the fact if you have it but cant share it you might as well not say shit anyways because all your going to do is stir the pot, have people harass you and throw everything off.

44alltheway

are people saying PS5 is 8tflops?!
main thing he has gotten wrong was Lockhart. He owned up to being wrong about that. Other than that, he said both consoles would be above 10 TFs, have VRS (pretty sure he was the first to say this, and he did so a couple of months ago I believe), and he hinted at the Series X reveal before TGAs.

xool

There's not much - he saw a cross platform next gen game somewhere on west coast USA - said it looked nuts.

The other thing was that there is negible power difference between PS5 and XboxChonky .. (think he shot down sub 10TF rumors too)

I trust it, but there's not a lot to verify

Last edited:

xool

There's a threadmark at the beginngin of the Re thread for those that need to revise

Here's the latest :

Ignore the stuff about 64CUs at the end though - he backpeddled on that - just messing with someone.

Wasnt sure if he said 12 or not that place moves so fast and hurts my head reading some of their comments.

I know he has said all along they were double digits.
Seemed to confirm :

Dec 13 2019 : Xbox Series X performance is actually slightly ABOVE 12(Navi) TFs

Last edited:
Do we know if PS5 and Xsex will implement (besides Wifi6 with connections up to 10Gbps) these game changing features:

-USB 4.0 or USB Thunderbolt 3.0 with up to 40gbps?
-Bluetooth 5.1 with BLE ?

If gamers wanted additional storage, they could get external SSD hardrive with USB 4.0 or Thunderbolt 3.0 connection speeds.

THE:MILKMAN

Do we know if PS5 and Xsex will implement (besides Wifi6 with connections up to 10Gbps) these game changing features:

-USB 4.0 or USB Thunderbolt 3.0 with up to 40gbps?
-Bluetooth 5.1 with BLE ?

If gamers wanted additional storage, they could get external SSD hardrive with USB 4.0 or Thunderbolt 3.0 connection speeds.

I won't expect any more than 2 x USB 3.1 Type A and 1 USB 3.1 Type C for both. Anything else/more will be a bonus.

TLZ

Banned
I submit, for you consideration, the FACT...yes FACT, that I ordered a dozen (thats 12 in laymans' terms) donuts this fine morning at my local purveyor of baked sweets.

Upon opening said box at the office just now, we did indeed, INDEED I SAY, have a total of 13 donuts.

It is upon this evidence that I humbly submit that 12 can easily, EASILY, be interpreted as 13. The evidence of this is all around us.
K, dad.

Lort

Banned
Interesting times... so if you look at a combination of all the reputable leakers..
Playstation 13 tf
Xbox 12f
Playstation gpu enhancements - nothing listed
Microsoft gpu enhancements - significant
Playstation cpu slightly slower the xbox cpu
Playstation SSD 4 gB/sec
Xbox SsD 2gB/sec
Noise on playstation probably quiet?
Noise on xbox quiet
Ram on both... noone seems to agree
Price on both EXPENSIVE

Seems likely that playstation will be ahead on TF but not on performance .. but that will depend on the game. (Annoying everyone and ensuring the fanboys wars will last years).

Settle in for a long one :)

Last edited:

onQ123

Interesting times... so if you look at a combination of all the reputable leakers..
Playstation 13 tf
Xbox 12f
Playstation gpu enhancements - nothing listed
Microsoft gpu enhancements - significant
Playstation cpu slightly slower the xbox cpu
Playstation SSD 4 gB/sec
Xbox SsD 2gB/sec
Noise on playstation probably quiet?
Noise on xbox quiet
Ram on both... noone seems to agree
Price on both EXPENSIVE

Seems likely that playstation will be ahead on TF but not on performance .. but that will depend on the game. (Annoying everyone and ensuring the fanboys wars will last years).

Settle in for a long one :)

Klee said the PS5 devkit was out performing Scarletts devkit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom