• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
The Rocket League on the PS5 will lag behind the Xbox Series X | S in framerate performance

Yeap it has the same PS4 Pro performance running BC PS4 Pro Mode.

It's active in games. Unfortunately, it just seems like sound isn't as important to people? All reviews of Miles I've seen so far either talk about it for 10 seconds, or just glance over the audio altogether. I'm really hoping that DF talks about the audio more in their Demon's Souls videos. I know John is more of an audio guy.
different people have different sensitivity. Generally, people will say it sounds good. but hard to describe how good and why it is good. It will just be the norm for nextgen.

Dibils2k

That secret sauce 😳

v6DRMv7.jpg

DvKm31H.jpg

jdDUGf5.jpg
bias reporting, shame on you

it is weird how 1 mode is in ps5 favor, all others xbox wins

travisktl

different people have different sensitivity. Generally, people will say it sounds good. but hard to describe how good and why it is good. It will just be the norm for nextgen.
Yeah. I get that. I've been working in music for over 10 years now, so I guess I view the audio side of things differently. I'm waiting for someone to do a detailed review/analysis of the tempest engine in each game, but that will probably be few and far between with reviews.

user1337

It's active in games. Unfortunately, it just seems like sound isn't as important to people? All reviews of Miles I've seen so far either talk about it for 10 seconds, or just glance over the audio altogether. I'm really hoping that DF talks about the audio more in their Demon's Souls videos. I know John is more of an audio guy.

EDIT: Looks like they just uploaded their first video!

It's an hour long! I'll watch it later..lol

ethomaz

Banned
What does CCX mean?
A goup of cores in AMD processors.

By design AMD processors today has up to 4 cores in each CCX, that way these 4 cores in that CCX shares the same L3 cache... so for a 8 cores processor AMD needs to put together 2 CCX each one with it own L3 shared cache.

That is how it worked up to Zen2.

Seems like Zen3 is different.

Last edited:

LucasBR

A goup of cores in AMD processors.

By design AMD processors today has up to 4 cores in each CCX, that way these 4 cores in that CCX shares the same L2 cache... so for a 8 cores processor AMD needs to put together 2 CCX each one with it own L2 shared cache.

That is how it worked up to Zen2.

Seems like Zen3 is different.

Okay, I think I got it lol
Thanks man, somethings I'm lost here and this time google couldn't help me.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Holy shit man i missed out on this gem and this is going to probably be my first or second game to play on PS5 thanks to PS Collection. Looks insane, ladies and gentlemen have you see this glorious 4K60fps footage?

This game is fucking gorgeous on PS4 Pro as well.. and performs well.

Excited to finish it on PS5.. it's my favorite Sony 1st party game.

Sinthor

Gold Member
I am open to it, but not entirely convinced just yet. RDNA 2.0's infinity cache shows that raw power isnt everything but that infinity cache is taking up 600 billion transistors or the size of the ps4 pro gpu. the PS5 GPU i/o blocks are relatively small and i really dont think they can make up an 18% difference in tflops.

Good example btw regarding the bugatti vs a motorbike. I guess we will see when more game comparisons start to come out. But seeing as how this is a pretty basic last gen game I think both consoles arent being fully utilized. It should just work better on the console with more tflops and higher ram bandwidth. Thats why I criticize MS more than Capcom. It should just work. Capcom shouldnt have to do much more than they would when making sure the PC version runs on all GPUs.

Yep, we're on the same page. That's just speculation on my part based on what we've seen SO FAR. Things may look significantly different in a couple of years.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Watching the DF interview with Bluepoint tech leads and they are basically saying the PS5 I/O stuff is just shit done by hardware that they would typically do themselves in software. It saves them dev time but im not sure if this means they are getting some performance enhancements.

Still watching.

EDIT: they are saying that because of the SSD, it allows them to keep level data chunks smaller which means higher fidelity.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Still got this beauty to play, i am so looking forward to this when i finally get my ps5, this and Spiderman

I just love games where you can approach a "battle" in different ways and it becomes a bit of a sandbox. Doing stuff like killing off a camp of human baddies by getting a swarm of zombies to attack them is rad.

Or just doing stealth vs. non-stealth and everything in between.

Holy shit man i missed out on this gem and this is going to probably be my first or second game to play on PS5 thanks to PS Collection. Looks insane, ladies and gentlemen have you see this glorious 4K60fps footage?

yup, me too. I'm gonna play Astro, Sackboy, Godfall, Bugsnax, Battlefield 1 (need some mp) and Days Gone.
Days Gone looks awesome and that 60fps. Damn. Need some zombie fix after I platinumed World War Z in April.
after some time I'm gonna download Ratchet & Clank and Black Ops 3 (loved the beta but didn't buy it , not a COD fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom