• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
sigh. no one wants to see this shit.
I was about to post something like but I though well maybe I’m being too much fanboys and some guys wants to see the differences between the both Xbox.

But I still believe this video is unnecessary and people are expecting way more from DF but seems when Xbox is not in the shine spot they delay their job.

Last edited:

Yoboman

o5lDzYq.gif

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
if i remember correctly this was some kind of tease riddle gif for ps5 power like: when foot lands ps5 lands... something like this many were trying to make sense from this gif from what osiris was hinting or maybe it was you :messenger_grinning: or both of you i don't really remember.
Wasn't it BGs BGs who shared that video? lol I could be mistaken
According to NXGamer Xbox has issues with CPU scenes:

"Laughs again in unified L3 cache"

Yes, it is, you said he was wrong and now you don't want to prove it? It is your problem.
Is it really when I don't truly care though? Is it going to ruin my forum cred? I find it funny to point out the hypocrisy. So many fanboys were up in arms about all the rumors only to get shit on when the truth came out. It was hilarious. Not only did so many people get duped once this time, it happened over and over and over again.

I'm going to laugh when the mid-gen refreshes come out with people coming out of the woodwork exclaiming ZEN4 technology when in all reality it will still all be ZEN2. As it stands people are still stuck on the idea that somewhere deep within the PS5, there's a pointless ZEN3 feature that they can bullet point.

Last edited:

ToadMan

Regarding Observer we shall wait for proper analysis before drawing any conclusions.

It’s quite a backlog building up now for that “proper analysis” site ....

Perhaps they’re too busy explaining to Xsex game developers how to code properly to waste time producing content.

Also there was this from Phil

“I would say a learning from the Xbox One generation is we will not be out of position on power or price. If you remember the beginning of this generation we were a hundred dollars more expensive and yes, we were less powerful.”

The more Xbox changes the more things stay the same?

Nickolaidas

I would avoid dignifying this absolute bollocks by even mentioning it.
Some credulous people will latch onto this as though it means anything, which it does not.
He's a literal nobody who gets 50 likes from braindead X-box hardcore fanboys as they stroke each other with laughing emojis, believing their own stupidity. In the grand scheme of things, he's an inconsequential turd in the wind which won't be able to affect Sony console sales at all.

Mr Moose

He's a literal nobody who gets 50 likes from braindead X-box hardcore fanboys as they stroke each other with laughing emojis, believing their own stupidity. In the grand scheme of things, he's an inconsequential turd in the wind which won't be able to affect Sony console sales at all.
Do you know who he is? He is MisterXMedia! He's the guy who broke the news that the Xbox One has a GPU hidden inside the powerbrick! Put some respeck on his name!

DJTaurus

Hmmm....

The CPU in XSX is better than any other console's CPU. If used properly it will win every time

the XSX GPU is tuned to expect SFS (Sampler Feedback Streaming) at all times. In titles which don't use SFS, the driver enacts some compatibility hacks that ensure the code still works with the GPU. Under the older/current GDKs this provides significant CPU overhead. However newer versions of the GDK have improved this and bring significant performance gains. However the newer GDK is yet to roll out to everyone (I still don't even have any version of the GDK yet) so some games may ship with the unoptimized SFS compat code.Of course even once everything is ironed out with the GDK, it still is better to simply use SFS instead of relying on compat hacks

But good luck convincing devs to write two renderers (one FL 12_1 for PS5/Switch, one FL 12_2 for Xbox/PC)

Do you know who he is? He is MisterXMedia! He's the guy who broke the news that the Xbox One has a GPU hidden inside the powerbrick! Put some respeck on his name!

For real? He claimed that? That's hilarious. To be honest, I don't even really care about the console war, but, whenever Xbots post absolute nonsense like that, it demands a response. It's almost as bad as the "Xbox is going to release an update to activate the dark silicon and DESTROY Sony" and I'm like "Oh, you mean the CU's disabled for yield purposes? Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure" lol.

Mr Moose

For real? He claimed that? That's hilarious. To be honest, I don't even really care about the console war, but, whenever Xbots post absolute nonsense like that, it demands a response. It's almost as bad as the "Xbox is going to release an update to activate the dark silicon and DESTROY Sony" and I'm like "Oh, you mean the CU's disabled for yield purposes? Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure" lol.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom