• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyliethicc

oycUive.jpg

Pjero

funniest part is this is just SOME of his obvious lies and BS. Fuck him

Never forget...

the lead graphics engine designer laughs at me for stopping every 30 seconds to just rotate the camera and look at the sights and listen to the sounds of their game world. "Everything in the game is PBR with multiple sources of volumetric lighting. All of the characters in this game are unique. You will never see the same character model more than once." As I am playing I realize how difficult this game is. I play several games competitively multiple genres (Smite,R6,SFV,CoD,BF,League) but I am getting my ass handed to me. I take the lead character out into a hallway and two enemies rush into the room shooting and moving in what appears to be a tactical pattern. "Is this fucking guy shooting at me while the other guy is trying to circle around to flank me?" he laughs again. "Yep, suppressive fire." As the enemy shoots at me I take note of the deformation of the geometry on display, chunks of cement give way revealing the metal pipes underneath that hold the structure together. Everything is based in reality including what happens when you shoot people or get shot. Its beautiful but it aint pretty.

I sit the controller down (I'm about to die again anyways) "The game is definitely running at 60fps" he shakes his head at me "No its running at 90fps locked. native 4k." dumb stare "On which machine?" he smiles "Both of them."

Two hours and several drinks later

When I asked about the performance of both consoles his response was "Both have the same target we will see if either of them hit that target. " I pushed further and asked what the target was and his response was simply."Above 12" That is not for the XseX or the PS5,from what I can gather internally both machines are targeting very high performance which lines up with hearing earlier that the machines would both be $499 with both companies Taking a loss.

Liar-attention whore... you should hide under a rock until the next generation...

ethomaz

Banned
That's fine but I don't personally think spending too much time on the tearing issue is the best way to go about this video. I'd rather if they talk more about the graphical details and effects, as well as the usual performance and resolution numbers.
I believe he is doing that because his tools are not working due the tearing.
The DF tools should do most of the job automatically but he seems to have issues with the frames with tearing so he is having to do the job hand by hand of these frames.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Never forget...

Liar-attention whore... you should hide under a rock until the next generation...
lol i remember that. there is another one where he plays something very similar to the order. he made it sound like a zombie game with insect like creatures. do you have a link to that post?

kyliethicc

who is this? his twitter profile says hes nothing important.
Jody Barton
@FrontlineGamer
Nobody important, doing nothing special. Thats ok because I'm cool with it, I'm a 100% geek, who war games, paints and occasionally plays computer games.
None of the points that person said is predicated on personal work experience or technical knowledge, a long resume etc.

Its just a good rant about how dumb the 12 vs 10 flop war narrative is. There's more to performance than the shaders x clock x ops = flops formula (or whatever it is)

Hashi

Yeah AF is extremely critical for nature videography and photography, even for just 12.1MP it's serviceable as I need video 70% more than photos 30%.
Okey 7SII has AF (but only Contrast Detection) and its not super bad if you film in normal light condition. For professional video shooting (films and ducumentary) people use DMF or MF AF because there is many static objects.
7SIII give you AF to any kind of video shooting. From doucmentary, sports, fast moving objects to wedings. And it has touch tracking in video. Its super amazing.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Damn, gonna read the whole thing now.
This whole thing is well known since PS4, due to less virtualization, draw calls on PS4/5 costs nothing, on Xbox, just geometry could kil a whole system or maybe better term is "stall". It's well known fact, which is same for Xbox and PC. You can go around it, but that requires very low API in DX12, which is not utilised and many devs don't even use it, like with Flight Sim. I am not too bother with power narrative currently, because I for a fact know what is the issue and it's not HW. Back in Kingdom Come Deliverace stuff, where I was, this type of stuff with Cryengine was really painfull and I got multiple warnings here saying that new Crysis Remaster going to run badly on Xbox. And guess what : D

Great Hair

Banned

A few days ago John claimed (PS5 Launch livestream) he had captured Demons Souls footage for PS3, PS5 ... and a day or two later he lost it?! Other youtubers are now capable of not only doing analysis better than or as good as DF (<<VGTech, ElAnalstadobit), and also capture at 120fps.

They were ready, Digital Fundry was not.
"We can only capture 60fps, we lost material, i have to use mspaint to highlight the tearing ... " , but no-name small youtubers have the tools and the time to make a few comparisons between the next gen consoles day 1.

Anyone can capture 4K60 footage, insert the raw video into trdrop and let it do its magic ...

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It be cause some times what we are told is vague and missing details. Which can lead us being wrong.

I will say this you have said things that I have heard off the record from people I trust.

I know people here give you shit sometimes and I don't know where you hear your stuff but a few times you have said exactly what I heard in groups while gaming with some "in the know" type of people.

You have a good source out there just seems to get bits and pieces of good intel.

I will say this you have said things that I have heard off the record from people I trust.

I know people here give you shit sometimes and I don't know where you hear your stuff but a few times you have said exactly what I heard in groups while gaming with some "in the know" type of people.

You have a good source out there just seems to get bits and pieces of good intel.
Thank you. I feel that same with your sources.

Thirty7ven

Banned
I think the problem is that AC might actually behave differently in bigger cities with a lot more NPCs and from what I understand, the game doesnt take you to those big cities until like the 8 hour mark. So that means he has to play both games for 8 hours each before they can do any validations. Also they didnt get access to demon souls and AC valhalla until November 11th for some reason. i dont think dictator even got a PS5 so hes likely just doing the xbox comparisons and waiting on richard and john to do the PS5 comparisons.

NX gamer did a very basic comparison in literally the first area of the game that is arguably not even indicative of how tearing in xbox series x truly is. Same goes for cod.

It has cross save so, that won't be a problem.

devilNprada

That’s what I was told and delayed until 2021. I gave away what it was a while ago but won’t be saying anything else. I’m just a spectator. The only nonsense is how people pick one incorrect thing and ignore how many that were correct? I get it oh no flops wrong bad. RE8 denied (confirmed) GoWR denied (Confirmed) Superman denied (confirmed) Consoles = performance denied (confirmed) again I am just a spectator and still want BOTH consoles to perform well as competition is good for everyone. (Sits back and watches)

I believe you hinted at a Bethseda purchase too... At least that was peoples guesses at what you were hinting at..
I did not at all believe it possible and look..

oldergamer

All interesting questions. And I see a new narrative being created now. One that MS doesn't need.
Who is this person? Yes some features are clock sensitive. That is always the case. However we don't know if the CPU cache situation is the same. If something is running in software on XSX and not on PS5, then that is likely due to functions missing from the firmware/drivers (perhaps if its even a thing). MS has always been aggressive with the footprint of the OS. They have always managed to get it down to something incredibly small. Its not windows where its bloated due to all the hardware and drivers that needs support.

This person suggests some interesting points, but I don't think they know one way or the other. So i wouldn't take it as gospel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom