• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garani

Can MS guarantee constant performance in this way or do they throttle the SSDs a little so that the experience remains the same for all users? Serious question!
That makes their claim about maintain full 2.4GB/s speeds a bit weird with different controllers and SSD units.

2.4GB/s is a basic speed for SSDs nowadays. Any decent storage drive will achieve it. So yeah, they get that off the shelf and with cheap "no cache" drives.

War is over, look how many more pigeons Ps has, it's like fucking Trafalgar square.

Venice: Hold my beer!

33bjLSF.jpg

Imtjnotu

anyone with a C9 here. if you want 120FPS on PS5 in cod or any other game that supports it you must,

-update to any firmware 5.00.01 or above
-after the update unplug your TV for a couple minutes to hard reboot
-set your tv to Game and Deep color on for your ps5 input
-manually set ps5 to performance in the settings

now enjoy cod multiplayer at 120 fps

Last edited:

Jerm411

Missed out on the PS5 pre-order....bought a Series X....already sold it and now all in on getting a PS5.

I can’t fault the console itself, it’s totally fine...I just didn’t think the “more of the same” factor with it would hit me as hard as it did. I don’t even mean that in a derogatory way, just true that is and that’s totally fine for others.

After reading about the PS5, DualSense, and the launch games all while knowing what’s coming down the pipe I just feel like I have to get in on that now.

I was always going to get one but now I won’t stop until I do...the wait is hard lol.

Imtjnotu

Missed out on the PS5 pre-order....bought a Series X....already sold it and now all in on getting a PS5.

I can’t fault the console itself, it’s totally fine...I just didn’t think the “more of the same” factor with it would hit me as hard as it did. I don’t even mean that in a derogatory way, just true that is and that’s totally fine for others.

After reading about the PS5, DualSense, and the launch games all while knowing what’s coming down the pipe I just feel like I have to get in on that now.

I was always going to get one but now I won’t stop until I do...the wait is hard lol.
Wait till the first time you turn on ASTRO bot

thelastword

Banned
If you have a better machine, like Xbox One X compared to Pro, and you work with tech, you may want to know why the game runs worse on the better machine.
So what happened to RER2, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, AC Unity, Witcher 3 which run better on XBONE.......I never saw them calling Capcom for the worse performance on PS4 in RER2 which was 20fps worse at the same resolution....They weren't even bothered, they just checked it as a win for XBOX....This is a console that did 720p whilst the PS4 did 1080 in 60fps games then....RER2 was a 60fps too...

Now Titanfall performs worse and looks worse on XBONEX and Richard is about to tear some walls now.....Basically saying throughout the video "WTF is this"? Almost brought back FF13 levels of cognitive dissonance on the poor guy...He takes it so hard when X does not get the win......I do wonder how he is doing these days, have not seen him in action since the PS5 BC video...

FALCON_KICK

blueisviolet, mister x media, asltal.. please, let them alone.

They´re definetely in a religious level.

Blueisviolet is the new MisterXmedia. Those guys hates Sony/PS5. Misterxmedia is famous for fooling many xbox fans into believing xbox one had another GPU hidden in the power brick which will beat PS4 whenever Microsoft chooses to unlock it.

Last edited:

yurinka

How did Insomniac Games go from middle of road developer to one of the best once they were bought by Sony? Here are their games prior to being bought by Sony in order followed by mediacritic.com rating:
- PS4 - Rachet and Clank (85)
-All Platforms - Song of the Deep (64)
- Windows - Edge of NoWhere (69), The Unspoken (only three ratings - approx 80), Feral Rites (only two ratings - approx 60)

Then they release Spiderman and it is a their best game since Sunset Overdrive. Did Sony throw a ton of money when they signed on to make SpiderMan? Is it because they can focus on a single platform? Does the Sony ICE Team really help out first party developers?

Their Playstation games have always been very high quality and I have read great things about Sunset Overdrive, but they seemed to lose their way after Sunset Overdrive. Now they are the flag bearers for Sony's newest console.
These few games made outside Sony were an exception. The normal metacritic of Insomniac games has been pretty good on a ton of games.

thelastword

Banned
Waiting for script approval from Microsoft Marketing.
They are probably begging Ubisoft to release a patch for Series X before they dive in......Maybe the patch has not gone through certification yet...Same with Activision on COD for the 120fps mode......

I mean you have time to do a million Gears videos, a Forza Horizon 4 video...I mean how many times do they want to cover these games...I'm sure an Ori video is coming up soon too. You go to their channel and it's littered with XBOX Series X/S content, when people want to see faceoffs between the competing consoles.....If Series X was wiping the floor with PS5, we would have had a million PS5 vs Series X videos already, with lots of hand gesticulation and "it's a world away" type of descriptives......You best believe...

Thirty7ven

Banned
It's curious why Sony hasn't said anything about this yet. All they said was that it's a Zen 2 CPU and that's about it.

The directive is clear. Talk games. It’s obvious that the PS4s success has made a big impact on what Sony has decided to focus on with the PS5. The avoidance of too much tech talk is deliberate, it’s not what gamers care about. It does not move the needle anymore.

Last edited:

Razzy-

Not even a joke. I had an issue where I would get an error while trying to download PS4 save files. Was no problem after shutting down.

I had that too! Annoying much. Probably cache needs to be cleared by restarting the machine. Works like a charm after that.

Ptarmiganx2

It surprises me that people are surprised by this. I always expected that PS5 will probably have a CPU advantage because of the amount of extra custom silicon in there for the I/O that lessens the load on CPU. I got the sense that Richard at DF was immediately dismissive of Cerny's claims in that presentation, but most of the evidence we have seen so far has backed up Cerny.
That’s why Sony uses Cerny and not Richard as an industry consultant. The fact that these guys think they can question Cerny is ridiculous. AMD adopts Cerny’s ideas.

Shmunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom