• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
You are too weak to absorb all the light, so you hid in the dark. :messenger_sunglasses: Hence, Dark SCE.

OK calm down there with your light loving Dick waving Bungee.

giphy.gif

ethomaz

Banned
That's initial sales number though and you can't accurately predict whether that % difference will get bigger or smaller in the next 8 weeks as it will depend on ps5 console sales.
That why I said they are seeing how it is.
UK launch is just an minor example.

IMO people saying it is PS5 only or not is not being true because I really believes Sony is tracking the best option looking at the sales... if they see a strong migration to PS5 then it will be PS5 only.

Last edited:

SkankHunt420

Neo Member
haha how the goal posts move. Hilarious.
It’s just that the XSX is more powerful. Of course lazy and unoptimized ports may run a little bit better on PS5, but still this does not mean that the XSX is much more powerful.

Truthfact, with the nextgen patch applied:

Call of Duty Warzone will be 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

Star Wars Squadrons will be 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

Rocket League will be 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

There are just facts, no dreams or anything. Facts

Just stating facts is trying too hard?
I wonder how the reaction here would be, if the PS5 would be running the game native 4K and XSX sub 4K.
Dude you are starting to get annoying , you cant be this dumb. We already determined that BC titles dont mean shit, if not, go and test Just Cause 3 on your series X and get rcked because that 900p.
BC titles doesnt mean shit, understand for gods sake.

Last edited:
Not sure if "verified". But no debunked.
Besides the way the guys posts without personal opinions, just submitting cold data. He doesn't seem to care which platform comes on top.
Oh I in no way think he's fudging data to lean towards something, but there is a huge difference between verified and not debunked. They are not synonyms.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
wow

1080p 60 fps. This is the real nextgen
this is really weird. I can easily run this game at well over 60 fps at 1440p on my 6 core 3.2 ghz cpu and 11 tflops rtx 2080.

you really dont need to go all the way down to 1080p to get 60 fps.

Reficul

These are ran in BC mode, the PS5 doesn’t have 120 FPS mode. The XBox runs an emulator. Both boxes can do 120FPS in native games like the new Call of Duty. This is disingenuous, but I think you already know that. Why the constant warring?
Either B Bittermich is a bit slow or he is just trolling. I swear that I have seen dozens of similar answers as you have given. He either can't grasp it or he won't grasp it.
Don't waste your time feeding the troll.

HoofHearted

Who care's about that. Vikings had flying boats in Medieval times according to Ubisoft.

Joking of course. I am not the biggest fan of Ubisoft games but, one of my coworkers is and he bought a Series X for it. Let's just say the screen tearing is really upsetting him.

Aside from a few of the MM glitches - pretty sure this is the most awesome one yet.. ;)

reksveks

man i have much respect for them, imagine doing all that only to be met by fanboy hate from both sides... they literally cant win
This forum is kinda why I bit the bullet and subscribed to them on Patreon (that and guilt that i am not supporting any outlets either general or gaming)

Jose92

[Membe

I really cant see why people in other places lick his boots, he cant even go a day without shitting on consoles. does it really matter if they run fire or cloth physics simulation half frame rate?

Does he want consoles to cost 2 grand so only "influncers" can get them for free and then cry why they are not cheap. Not everyone can shell £500+ on just a gpu.

Consoles are designed around a budget, and sacrifices are done to meet it. hence optimizations are done to make games more beautiful and run better.

Nyxir

Looks like Microsoft cornered them selves with their marketing...
Now every game that does not run better on the series x will fire back at them. This could’ve been avoided easily.

HoofHearted

Yup. I think GOW : Ragnarock would be one of the games that could get away with being only on PS5. It would be a hell of a reason to pick up a PS5 for a lot of people.

Not disagreeing - but it'll be extremely hard for any upcoming game being released over the next 1-2 years to target ONLY next gen and to walk away from the previous gen userbase... too much money involved/invested.

ToadMan

man i have much respect for them, imagine doing all that only to be met by fanboy hate from both sides... they literally cant win

That fanboy hate is why and how they get paid.

There’s basically zero reasons for DF to do these head to heads. They could produce a spreadsheet without an editorial and publish it and that would be enough.

They get the “hate” because they offer opinions in addition to the data and those opinions can be interpreted as positive or negative depending on the viewer’s bias.

DF do that because the drama gets them hits. They reap what they sow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom