• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinoD

Interesting:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint is native 4K on XSX compared to sub-4k on PS5:

EnAFIkFW4AA82TE

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/...host-recon-breakpoint-nextgeneration-consoles

As soon as the tools mature the gap will be far bigger.

CUqoSSg.jpg

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
haha how the goal posts move. Hilarious.
It’s just that the XSX is more powerful. Of course lazy and unoptimized ports may run a little bit better on PS5, but still this does not mean that the XSX is much more powerful.

Truthfact, with the nextgen patch applied:

Call of Duty Warzone will be 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

Star Wars Squadrons will be 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

Rocket League will be 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

There are just facts, no dreams or anything. Facts
Take a deep breath my friend. You are trying too hard.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
It’s just that the XSX is more powerful. Of course lazy and unoptimized ports may run a little bit better on PS5, but still this does not mean that the XSX is much more powerful.

These are ran in BC mode, the PS5 doesn’t have 120 FPS mode. The XBox runs an emulator. Both boxes can do 120FPS in native games like the new Call of Duty. This is disingenuous, but I think you already know that. Why the constant warring?

These are ran in BC mode, the PS5 doesn’t have 120 FPS mode. The XBox runs an emulator. Both boxes can do 120FPS in native games like the new Call of Duty. This is disingenuous, but I think you already know that. Why the constant warring?

what? It’s fact still. Nothing warring about that at all. So. If PS5 is lagging behind in tools, it’s ok. If XSX is lagging behind with its tools, it’s the worst thing ever. Lol nice Goal post moving.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
what? It’s fact still. Nothing warring about that at all. So. If PS5 is lagging behind in tools, it’s ok. If XSX is lagging behind with its tools, it’s the worst thing ever. Lol nice Goal post moving.
That is how their BC mode works. XBox runs off an emulator the PS5 runs off hardware. Their tools aren’t behind, it is just how it runs.

Don’t act coy this isn’t the first time you’ve posted this stuff. Take a break my friend, they are plastic boxes. Microsoft doesn’t care about you at all. These companies only want our money.

Edit: I think Xbox has a better way of doing BC.

Last edited:

It’s just that the PS5 is more powerful. Of course lazy and unoptimized ports may run a little bit better on XSX, but still this does not mean that the XSX is much more powerful.

Truthfact, without patches:

Dark Souls 3 will be 60fps on PS5 compared to 30fps on XSX

Call of Duty Ghosts will be 1080p on PS5 compared to 720p on XSX

Assassin's Creed 4 will be 1080p on PS5 compared to 720p on XSX

There are just facts, no dreams or anything. Facts.

See how ridiculous do I look?

Last edited:

Loxus

Interesting:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint is native 4K on XSX compared to sub-4k on PS5:

EnAFIkFW4AA82TE

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/...host-recon-breakpoint-nextgeneration-consoles

The PS5 tools will also get better.
Which means XBSX will never close the gap.
Ever thought of that?

Plus we all know XBSX is also upscaled because it said the same for Valhalla.
"Native 4K" remember, look how that turned out.

Just accept Tflops don't matter like the Devs who make the games been saying all along.

Plz stop, you're embarrassing yourself. I cringed everytime i see your posts such as this.
More mature dev tools just make it easier and smoother for game devs. Those expecting a drastic uplift in performance to come from a more mature suite of tools from xbox is in for a rude awakening. It's ridiculous how people seem to think that games such as Rocket League ,which run in back compat mode through Software Emulation with a patch applied on one platform are an indication that that console is going to perform better in every occasion . It's just delusional

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned

A few days ago John claimed (PS5 Launch livestream) he had captured Demons Souls footage for PS3, PS5 ... and a day or two later he lost it?! Other youtubers are now capable of not only doing analysis better than or as good as DF (<<VGTech, ElAnalstadobit), and also capture at 120fps.

They were ready, Digital Fundry was not.
"We can only capture 60fps, we lost material, i have to use mspaint to highlight the tearing ... " , but no-name small youtubers have the tools and the time to make a few comparisons between the next gen consoles day 1.

Anyone can capture 4K60 footage, insert the raw video into trdrop and let it do its magic ...

The crazy thing is, DF made a video saying they were preparing their tools for next gen...Richard said it explicitly. He said their current tools would not be able to measure up because of the advanced resolutions and framerates the new consoles would bring....They also wanted to better capture issues in graphics and be able to pixel count better and more reliably due to all the reconstruction techniques and point out the differences or anomalies.....

Then this gen comes up and they cant capture at 120fps, they have no been able to do a next gen video spelling out the differences in lighting and texture work between the consoles in AC Valhalla and COD, farless framerate...They are losing data north right and center as if it's their first rodeo. They are still not giving us like for like analyses and video runs...Vgtech who is a one man show has been giving screen tear data, mins, max framerates, percentages and all, straight from his video, no guesswork like DF does. His pixel counts are always bonafide too......So it appears that MS was not the only outlet who spoke a good game relative to readiness for launch and has fallen short. It seems their subsidiary DF has been caught with their panties down and their tools unprepared for next gen, just the same...
Bittermuch, if the gap was as big as you say and XBOX was so much more powerful, in this unoptimized port, it would have the better framerates through pure grunt and brute force.....

Yet, please continue the disingenuous BC 120hz spiel. Just remember that most BC games are running a higher resolution (1080P) and overall better performance over the Series X versions.....Pretty much every BC game you run on PS5 is a locked 60fps...But I know what's really going on, you really don't want these companies to patch the games you mentioned, because if they patch 120Hz in these older BC games....You know who takes pole position in that mode.......Nice try bitter.....
Looking forward to this. Hopefully they will be neutral and honest.
I'd say your expectations are "too damn high".... :messenger_beaming:...but we shall see...They said the AC video is dropping soonish...
The TOOLS it is always the TOOLS

they need to mature

like a baby needs to grow then sit and grow more to walk etc

you do not understand people

let the series x grow a little it is just born
I'd say I'm miffed by this...

All before this gen started...

MS has the best software, the best tools, GDK will be a gamechanger....

Now, MS tools are behind, it's not ready......Yet what happened to all these articles by journalists that were wild-fired on forums talking about MS is way ahead of Sony in preparation for next gen? Too many things don't add up for this "tools excuse"......

Hashi

No, it does not. There's no shared patent between AMD and Sony and never has been. Only wet dreams of fanboys who need to invent things with no proof whatsoever to feel better about their purchasing decisions.

What exists are in fact multiple interviews by Cerny himself saying that he basically takes a look at the future AMD roadmap and gets things from there. That's why some things appear first on PS platforms and then on AMDs GPUs. That happening is not any proof of what you claim.
Asynchrous compute on AMD GPU (Volcanic Island) and 64 queues cames from SPU task manager for Cell Processor.
The original AMD GCN architecture allowed for one source of graphics commands, and two sources of compute commands. For PS4, we’ve worked with AMD to increase the limit to 64 sources of compute commands -- the idea is if you have some asynchronous compute you want to perform, you put commands in one of these 64 queues
This concept grew out of the software Sony created, called SPURS, to help programmers juggle tasks on the CELL's SPUs -- but on the PS4, it's being accomplished in hardware.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20070074207A1/en (Cerny was one of Invetor)
:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

chilichote

"While performance in both versions of the game can be a little shaky at times, what surprised us even more is that even with ray tracing enabled, the PS5 version of Observer: System Redux still performs better than its Xbox Series X counterpart."

Wow...

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
So technically what I'm hearing is that the XSX has a 12 incher, and the PS5 has a 10 incher, but the PS5 knows how to use it better?

Oh, and the XSS has a little 4 incher, and while its not for everyone, people still have fun with it?

Got it.

*ducks*
It's more like If use at its full potential the XSX can be a 12" but most of the time it's just a semi flacid one.
And instead of being floppy(and we know how much some care about flops) Ps5 is rock hard and easily ready.

raul3d

You are repeating this so many times that I have to ask you this: Do you really think that the different modes offered in these BC titles are because of hardware limitations? That PS5 can do 120 fps in CoD Cold War, but not in Warzone?

For CoD the developers even said that it was because the logistic effort was too high and not because of technical limitations.

thelastword

Banned
So technically what I'm hearing is that the XSX has a 12 incher, and the PS5 has a 10 incher, but the PS5 knows how to use it better?

Oh, and the XSS has a little 4 incher, and while its not for everyone, people still have fun with it?

Got it.

*ducks*
Pretty much......Only thing is in most conversations of the big console schlongs, XSS is a bit embarrassed in mentioning it's length, but it still gets play, mostly when he pays....

Got it.

*ducks*
Which camera will win the price for the best pictures one of 10 Mpx or another of 12 Mpx?

Which car will win a race one car with 100 hp or another with 120 hp?

Basically is the same thing here, you cannot reduce those devices/machine to a
single number because is more complex than that.

Last edited:
The crazy thing is, DF made a video saying they were preparing their tools for next gen...Richard said it explicitly. He said their current tools would not be able to measure up because of the advanced resolutions and framerates the new consoles would bring....They also wanted to better capture issues in graphics and be able to pixel count better and more reliably due to all the reconstruction techniques and point out the differences or anomalies.....

Then this gen comes up and they cant capture at 120fps, they have no been able to do a next gen video spelling out the differences in lighting and texture work between the consoles in AC Valhalla and COD, farless framerate...They are losing data north right and center as if it's their first rodeo. They are still not giving us like for like analyses and video runs...Vgtech who is a one man show has been giving screen tear data, mins, max framerates, percentages and all, straight from his video, no guesswork like DF does. His pixel counts are always bonafide too......So it appears that MS was not the only outlet who spoke a good game relative to readiness for launch and has fallen short. It seems their subsidiary DF has been caught with their panties down and their tools unprepared for next gen, just the same...

Bittermuch, if the gap was as big as you say and XBOX was so much more powerful, in this unoptimized port, it would have the better framerates through pure grunt and brute force.....

Yet, please continue the disingenuous BC 120hz spiel. Just remember that most BC games are running a higher resolution (1080P) and overall better performance over the Series X versions.....Pretty much every BC game you run on PS5 is a locked 60fps...But I know what's really going on, you really don't want these companies to patch the games you mentioned, because if they patch 120Hz in these older BC games....You know who takes pole position in that mode.......Nice try bitter.....
I'd say your expectations are "too damn high".... :messenger_beaming:...but we shall see...They said the AC video is dropping soonish...

I'd say I'm miffed by this...

All before this gen started...

MS has the best software, the best tools, GDK will be a gamechanger....

Now, MS tools are behind, it's not ready......Yet what happened to all these articles by journalists that were wild-fired on forums talking about MS is way ahead of Sony in preparation for next gen? Too many things don't add up for this "tools excuse"......
Were there not many more articles about Sony being ahead with Dev kits and tools? I remember a few dumb posts about Sony being behind but the overwhelming majority was that Xbox was behind and Sony was ahead. You are pushing a narrative to be petty and keep an argument going. Accept your win and move on.

Garani

Is that even possible?

I know they did say they can make updates to the fan over time or something.

Here's another example

Please stop quoting yourself. We are not your echo chamber.

Interesting:

EnAFIkFW4AA82TE

The PS5 tools will also get better.
Which means XBSX will never close the gap.
Ever thought of that?

Plus we all know XBSX is also upscaled because it said the same for Valhalla.
"Native 4K" remember, look how that turned out.

Just accept Tflops don't matter like the Devs who make the games been saying all along.

Same answer for everyone:
1) B Bittermich is not quoting the important fact: it's a BC patch. This means that on PS5 it will run at most on boost mode but will not unlock graphics, because the engine would have to be re-written. In fact on the original PS4 Pro the graphics mode ranges from 1440 – 1800p with 30 FPS, while on Xbox One X graphics mode ranges from 1800 – 2160p with 30 FPS. They didn't change the engine on XSX to get native 4k: they just let the CPU run, while on PS4 Pro BC just can't hit anything better than 1800 unless you re-write the engine to accomodate for PS5's boost mode. We are not talking about a Next Gen game, we are talking about BC and its limits.
2) Tools have nothing to do about it. They didn't even touch the engine. They just made sure that it runs :)

And finally, B Bittermich , take some time off. You are trying so hard that you are being ridiculous.

There's so many QOLs in PS5 that ends up being transformative. For instance I just discovered yesterday when a buddy of mine had sent me a party chat invite, I'd not plugged the headset to the controller and the tv audio was on mute. Guess what? I could hear my buddy talk via the speaker in the dual sense(which btw is tremendously improved over Dualshock4) but I also could talk back thanks to the mic. The UI feels great, though I feel it's got some quirks that one needs to get used to it. The create button and it's usages are so damn snappy. I am happy to share that the share videos are of significantly higher quality thanks to the codecs and compression algorithms. It's 60fps uploads folks, 60fps :D

Interesting:

EnAFIkFW4AA82TE

Do you have some cognitive issues we should be aware of? Last gen games are running (at best) on ps4 pro mode. Stop extrapolating into some power differential when the 2 console's approach to emulation is different.

The current gen versions of 3rd party games, where they are at least using the current gen machines feature set to run those games has given you mostly a close performance between the 2 consoles, with some advantages to the PS5.

A number of people have already pointed this out to you and you're either purposefully ignoring these replies to fit your agenda, or you're simply not mentally equipped to understand it. In either case it's pretty annoying, just so you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom