• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEbeast

haha how the goal posts move. Hilarious.
It’s just that the XSX is more powerful. Of course lazy and unoptimized ports may run a little bit better on PS5, but still this does not mean that the XSX is much more powerful.

Truthfact, with the nextgen patch applied:

Call of Duty Warzone will be 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

Star Wars Squadrons will be 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

Rocket League will be 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

There are just facts, no dreams or anything. Facts

I bet you can type this with your eyes closed. You type it in every thread.

Mr Moose

It’s just that the XSX is more powerful. Of course lazy and unoptimized ports may run a little bit better on PS5, but still this does not mean that the XSX is much more powerful.

I, too, buy a next-gen console for last gen games.
Keep up the good work, soldier.

BatSu

Interesting:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint is native 4K on XSX compared to sub-4k on PS5:

EnAFIkFW4AA82TE

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/...host-recon-breakpoint-nextgeneration-consoles

As soon as the tools mature the gap will be far bigger.

wow

1080p 60 fps. This is the real nextgen

thelastword

Banned
So Alex was literally hunting teared frames the tools were not able to pick.

Yet Vgtech gets every torn frame from since 2013........Like for like gameplay runs, mins, mean and max averages. accurate frame counts and percentage data, bonafide pixel counts.....And he's just one man, who does this part-time with no Eurogamer to back him up, with no... Uhhhmm.... sponsors to support him. I've never heard him complain, this is hardwork or him ever having to manually count tears, but his stats are on point with pin accuracy and verified....Funny how that works....

thelastword

Banned
Were there not many more articles about Sony being ahead with Dev kits and tools? I remember a few dumb posts about Sony being behind but the overwhelming majority was that Xbox was behind and Sony was ahead. You are pushing a narrative to be petty and keep an argument going. Accept your win and move on.
Let's not bring this back up, but they were not forum posts.....There were numerous articles across many websites from Forbes to Windows Central to the TheVerge and numerous other websites.....

By-mission

u do not understand microsoft do tools that can grow and mature as time passes
sony do tools that are rigid like there TVs and Cameras
this is brillience
I must be a little rough here, but the company that makes the shit out of direct Xll, which is the company that makes AMD use its technologies like Sampler Feedback, mesh shaders, VRS and the best fated Velocity Architecture, now imagine that same company that makes Windows OS since I was just a sperm...

Doesn't that same company have programming tools for your console ???
Do you realize how ridiculous this type of argument is ...
I forgot oder litlle thing 3 billion dollar value. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

ethomaz

Banned
No, it does not. There's no shared patent between AMD and Sony and never has been. Only wet dreams of fanboys who need to invent things with no proof whatsoever to feel better about their purchasing decisions.

What exists are in fact multiple interviews by Cerny himself saying that he basically takes a look at the future AMD roadmap and gets things from there. That's why some things appear first on PS platforms and then on AMDs GPUs. That happening is not any proof of what you claim.
It does.

Some custom features created exclusivity by Sony ends up in the PC GPUs if AMD thinks it is worth.
Cerny already explained that.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Last edited:

HAL-01

Interesting:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint is native 4K on XSX compared to sub-4k on PS5:

EnAFIkFW4AA82TE

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/...host-recon-breakpoint-nextgeneration-consoles

As soon as the tools mature the gap will be far bigger.
You’re using a bc title as proof of the oh so elusive power gap? You know they’re just running at their original One X and PS4 Pro resolutions right?

just cause 3 runs at 1080p on ps5 vs 900p on xsx, definitive proof of ps5 supremacy I guess

thelastword

Banned
Were there not many more articles about Sony being ahead with Dev kits and tools? I remember a few dumb posts about Sony being behind but the overwhelming majority was that Xbox was behind and Sony was ahead. You are pushing a narrative to be petty and keep an argument going. Accept your win and move on.
Xbox is a Step Ahead of PlayStation Before Launch
https://www.essentiallysports.com/x...efore-launch-ps5-microsoft-sony-esports-news/

"Xbox has more 120FPS titles to deliver than the PS5

The PlayStation 5 has just five titles announced until now that can run at 120FPS. These include Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Dirt 5, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition, Rainbow Six Siege, and Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom. However, all these games are also available on the next-gen Xbox consoles.

8FCFDHI.png

The Series X and Series S, on the other hand, have an additional ten games that will run on 120FPS. The Microsoft console clearly takes the win in terms of games with higher frames."

This was as recent as October and there were numerous articles on Forbes and TheVerge as I said.....talking about big launch games on Series X, better tools. GDK adoption etc... As a matter of fact, DF did not have time to do a Miles Morales and PS5 breakdown video, but funny enough, they had enough time to make a "who has the most 120fps games before launch"...Yes, they did that too...I guess, they are too busy to do faceoffs 5-7 days after launch...They are probably too busy compiling a video on how VRR is a gamechanger...

Yet Vgtech gets every torn frame from since 2013........Like for like gameplay runs, mins, mean and max averages. accurate frame counts and percentage data, bonafide pixel counts.....And he's just one man, who does this part-time with no Eurogamer to back him up, with no... Uhhhmm.... sponsors to support him. I've never heard him complain, this is hardwork or him ever having to manually count tears, but his stats are on point with pin accuracy and verified....Funny how that works....
Verified by?

Xbox is a Step Ahead of PlayStation Before Launch
https://www.essentiallysports.com/x...efore-launch-ps5-microsoft-sony-esports-news/

"Xbox has more 120FPS titles to deliver than the PS5

The PlayStation 5 has just five titles announced until now that can run at 120FPS. These include Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Dirt 5, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition, Rainbow Six Siege, and Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom. However, all these games are also available on the next-gen Xbox consoles.

8FCFDHI.png

The Series X and Series S, on the other hand, have an additional ten games that will run on 120FPS. The Microsoft console clearly takes the win in terms of games with higher frames."

This was as recent as October and there were numerous articles on Forbes and TheVerge as I said.....talking about big launch games on Series X, better tools. GDK adoption etc... As a matter of fact, DF did not have time to do a Miles Morales and PS5 breakdown video, but funny enough, they had enough time to make a "who has the most 120fps games before launch"...Yes, they did that too...I guess, they are too busy to do faceoffs 5-7 days after launch...They are probably too busy compiling a video on how VRR is a gamechanger...
I am way to lazy to keep up with the amount of effort you are willing to put into a false narrative. Keep fighting the good fight.

Garani

It will definitely be a PS4 title, as much as I'd love for it to be PS5 only, judging miles Morales differences and hopefully horizon shows the same I don't think it's as big a deal for the blockbusters, we are getting Ratchet PS5 only so it's not as if Sony aren't creating any games that fully utilise the SSD for game design.
Even so, if what we get is stuff at the level of MM or R&C, I am all ok for getting the new box with its new capabilities. Really, ata RT in MM e that fast pacing in R&C is something next to fenomenal.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It will definitely be a PS4 title, as much as I'd love for it to be PS5 only, judging miles Morales differences and hopefully horizon shows the same I don't think it's as big a deal for the blockbusters, we are getting Ratchet PS5 only so it's not as if Sony aren't creating any games that fully utilise the SSD for game design.

My guess is, for now, for Sony exclusives, they'll be on PS4. Could be 1-3 years of it. The exceptions might be if a game simply cannot be enabled to run on PS4 at all or without gimping the experience down to the point it is just bad.

The thing about that is, .. IF this is a five year life system before another gen is launched for PS5 rather than a mid-gen refresh, two years of exclusives tailored to run optimized to potential for this gen is ... disappointing.

Garani

Seems their blockbuster sellers that hot the 10 million mark or hover around will be cross because you will buy it either way, while games like Ratchet who don't will be exclusive as a way to drive the tech forward and the hardcore will buy it.
Yeah, you can't alienate 115 million PS4 owners with a PS5 launch. I mean, they won't simply disappear, and the PS4 is still a lucrative box to make for Sony.

yewles1

You are repeating this so many times that I have to ask you this: Do you really think that the different modes offered in these BC titles are because of hardware limitations? That PS5 can do 120 fps in CoD Cold War, but not in Warzone?

For CoD the developers even said that it was because the logistic effort was too high and not because of technical limitations.
What was the feamerate in Rainbow Six: Siege again on PS4?

reksveks

More like we are seeing how the PS5 games sales compares with PS4 games sales.

If we go with UK for example then all next games will be PS5 only.

That's initial sales number though and you can't accurately predict whether that % difference will get bigger or smaller in the next 8 weeks as it will depend on ps5 console sales.

FALCON_KICK

So many Multi-platform games,
Another main RE I’m going to skip. Shame. I wish they go back to 5.
I consider each of them unique. RE4 which changed the formula which was adopted in 5 with co-op, RE6 with focus on interwoven story-lines revealed through multiple protagonists, RE7 with VR with focus on a new lead and RE:Village which seems to be a sequel to 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom