• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake

Gold Member
Nothing big, but at least they could bring down the 'no RT' spread. Besides, Sony will probably show 8K TVs, they should, without showing the PS5, put that GTS 8K demo video they previous showed.

Last edited:
Hell blade 2 was in engine prerendered cutscene runing at 60% out put of 4k 30 fps .that is in no way indicative of how actual next gen gameplay look like

It was actually 24 fps.

Anyone remember how amazing Deep Down looked at the PS4 reveal?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah, let's wait until we see actual gameplay.

Mass Shift

Did you watch the AdoredTV video? They have very good speculation on the wafer amounts and it lining up with AMDs wafer production targets. Also the main reason this leak gained traction was because of how quickly it was deleted after being posted.

If you think about it, who are the three parties that would've removed the docs? AMD, Sony, and MS...in that order. Why AMD? Because apparently there was some employee info somewhere in the docs (though I have to wonder how a multi-billion dollar company doesn't keep sensitive employee info on a separate database).

If it was MS...if they are indeed not actual 12TF RDNA but the 12TF number referenced GCN...why would they be scared of running with a narrative from a Github doc leak when they're supposedly letting much bigger people/sources (Gamestop, other tech sites, Spencer's own sorta-ambiguous wording, tons of Youtube vids post-Github leak) run wild with that same narrative? Knowing full well if it turned out to be false, they'd ruin all the good will they've built back up over the past few years? Not to mention such a tactic runs opposite of the transparency they've been showing since Phil Spencer took over.

So that just leaves Sony. There were rumors that SIE put in the request to get that document pulled down (can't verify if that's the case however), but looking at it circumstantially, they're a very likely source for having gotten it removed (either directly or through AMD) if AMD didn't pull it themselves. Reason being because, well...we already see what kind of discourse that data's resulted from people both here and on Era, and across Youtube, other gaming sites etc. That hasn't necessarily been kind to Sony (I personally feel those who're acting "betrayed" on this front are completely wrong and possibly delusional, but that's just me), mind you.

The perception of that document leak benefits MS the most and Sony the least, with AMD somewhere in the middle. So it's likely Sony had it removed if, again, AMD didn't do it themselves. And if MS did so as to stop feeding into a 12TF RDNA narrative (if by some chance XSX isn't 12TF RDNA)...they could've nipped that in the butt around the TGAs time or when they were giving those interviews like a day or two after. In fact they'd need to put out a public message thanks to all the other places and YTers who've run with that narrative...again if it's a "narrative" as in the 12TF RDNA is fake, which looks highly unlikely.

Gamesradar didn't have it in their list so I didn't include it, but they may've forgotten to include it, nothing indicative the game's been delayed.

Also, I wouldn't use personal/anecdotal feelings on a game to rule it out; if it utilizes ray-tracing that can show off AMD's ray-tracing technology, then it's valid option. Tastes in art direction don't have a factor into it.

Yeah, if you're MS and your one advantage is power then you would want the narrative to be shaped around that. And they've successfully done that so far as the current focus of discussion is all about Flops and performance.

I'll bet MS would like to keep it there as they haven't announced very much from their newest aquisitions. But they're going to need show is a few more Hellblade like games to drive the performance point home.

It was actually 24 fps.

Anyone remember how amazing Deep Down looked at the PS4 reveal?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah, let's wait until we see actual gameplay.
Yea, I'm hoping after the previous and current gen reveals that resulted in games no where near their level that everyone shows a great deal of restraint in hyping up whatever is shown over the next few months.

Particularly, I hope news outlets and YouTube personalities question everything presented regardless of claims of "in-engine", "real-time", or even "gameplay".

I just have no trust in pre-release media anymore til ~2-3 months of game release.

Sony CES 2020 Press Conference - Dates and Times
Here's when Sony's CES 2020 press conference begins. It will be livestreamed on Sony's website.

Monday, 6th January 2020

• North America: 5pm PST / 6pm MST / 7pm CST / 8pm EST
  • UK/Ire: 1am GMT
  • Europe: 2am CET / 3am EET
  • Asia/Oceania: 10am JST / 9am AWST / 12pm AEDT

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sony PlayStation CES 2020 Press Conference - Dates and Times
Here's when Sony's CES 2020 press conference begins. It will be livestreamed on Sony's website.

Monday, 6th January 2020

• North America: 5pm PST / 6pm MST / 7pm CST / 8pm EST
  • UK/Ire: 1am GMT
  • Europe: 2am CET / 3am EET
  • Asia/Oceania: 10am JST / 9am AWST / 12pm AEDT

Where does it say PlayStation in that link?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Last edited:
According to this: http://ir.amd.com/news-releases/news-release-details/amd-announces-press-conference-ces-2020

It's 2pm PDT, which according to Google is 9pm here?

Edit: oh, -3GMT should be 6pm actually!
2pm PST is 5pm EST.

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil is 2 hours ahead of EST.

So it should be 7pm BRT.

There should be a live thread here tomorrow as well. This is good timing for both for me. Get home from the office, have dinner and tune in.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I think PSVR2 has a better chance showing up than PS5. I feel like they'll save the big reveal for the long rumoured meeting in Feburary.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think PSVR2 has a better chance showing up than PS5. I feel like they'll save the big reveal for the long rumoured meeting in Feburary.

If their patent is anything to go by (wireless or close to it), then I expect it to show up no sooner than 6-months to a year after the PS5 launch.

That, and Cerny mentioned in the Wired article that it would be after PS5, not before. Hence one of the many reasons for the current PSVR working with PS5 at launch.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
The only thing I remember them stating when they first announced PS4 was 8GB of RAM, they didn't talk about TFlops until E3.

PS5-PS4.jpg
They released a PR same day with 1.84TFs and full specs.

Last edited:

Gudji

Looks like it says something about 128cus, 22tf, 32gb HBM2

Nah, just looks like network info.

Seriously, hasn't it been assumed for months that they were going with a touch screen?

Those were rumors from youtubers. Basically non sense.

ethomaz

Banned
Looks like it says something about 128cus, 22tf, 32gb HBM2

Nah, just looks like network info.

Seriously, hasn't it been assumed for months that they were going with a touch screen?
Deckits lcd usually shows framerate, CPU and GPU usages, CPU and GPU clock, network usage, etc.

Things useful for code profiling.

magnumpy

If their patent is anything to go by (wireless or close to it), then I expect it to show up no sooner than 6-months to a year after the PS5 launch.

That, and Cerny mentioned in the Wired article that it would be after PS5, not before. Hence one of the many reasons for the current PSVR working with PS5 at launch.

IIRC his implication was that PS5 would be relatively expensive enough at launch, and launching PSVR2 (or whatever it will be called) along side PS5 would just be too much too fast for most gamer pocketbooks. at least that was my interpretation. maybe ~holidays 2021 for PSVR2, although that is admittedly just baseless speculation :)

xool

can anyone make out what the text says on the right side?

MAC address, IP address etc - this was visible on previous leaks

..thanks not necessarily an internet connection, but maybe the ethernet connection that the dev PC uses to connect/transfer data to the PS5 kit for testing

Mriverz

Getting my feet wet. Long time stalker first time post o_o. Love the debates here lol. Is it possible by what he means Prototype 1, Sony has different ones? Stronger ones? Or more of 1 out of 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom