• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yep. And then if the PS5 is 9.2tflops they can say their contact gave them the GCN Tflops, and so they got the numbers mixed up, or they will say MS upped their specs at the last minute and were trying to trick Sony with a weaker initial dev kit.
London to a brick.

I mean its almost like only a very small number of people know exactly whats going on with either camp.

Moneal

GPU. If it was no big deal to increase the GPU clock MS would have done it straight away to close the gap. But it took a whole revision of the hardware before they even dared to do it.
Yea and that was years later with a full revision including die shrink. Not just an upclock and one year later. And it didn't close the gap. Upclocking can't compete with more CUs. Again there is no reason to wait a year just for an upclock. A few months maybe.

Dargor

Rs1Azcr.gif

Gudji

What is @OsirisBlack hinting at. Is he specifically dropping something tonight, is he hinting at something, or is he talking about something at CES?

CES is my guess. The Xbox team is going to be there, some sony guys are also going to be there.
I don't expect much from Sony but I expect at least MS to appear at AMD conference to talk about XSX and also the cloud partnership.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yep. And then if the PS5 is 9.2tflops they can say their contact gave them the GCN Tflops, and so they got the numbers mixed up, or they will say MS upped their specs at the last minute and were trying to trick Sony with a weaker initial dev kit.
London to a brick.
Ya.

I love that insider excuse "Hey guys, MS and Sony changed it at the last minute"

Also those SSD's as virtual ram will wear out and need to buy changable parts, this is where those Sony patent cartiges come to place, something that you plug into your console Nintendo Red Card style, this will also help them to lower the cost of the console if the specs are crazy (michael patcher 1000$ specs) wich i doubt, now you probably asking who is my dealer 😄 im just venturing a guess here.

No sir not even the developers got the final specs what I do know some developers started getting updated version devkits that’s all I know for now

Anything else you can share? When you say that Sony are revealing specs, do you have an idea on how that looks? E.g are we getting TFLOPS or are we getting 2x this, 6x that.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Someone who’s lucky enough to know certain individuals
lol this opnly proves geoff keighley doesnt even bother replying to your messages.

why not show some actual messages from him?

this is like me messaging ms. world on twitter and taking screenshots of a one way conversation to prove that im banging her.

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ
lol this opnly proves geoff keighley doesnt even bother replying to your messages.

why not show some actual messages from him?

this is like me messaging ms. world on twitter and taking screenshots of a one way conversation to prove that im banging her.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the point of this video that he knew about the Series X reveal before the event (timestamp).

Last edited:
Also those SSD's as virtual ram will wear out and need to buy changable parts, this is where those Sony patent cartiges come to place, something that you plug into your console Nintendo Red Card style, this will also help them to lower the cost of the console if the specs are crazy (michael patcher 1000$ specs) wich i doubt, now you probably asking who is my dealer 😄 im just venturing a guess here.

Nah those cartridges were already debunked; they're for some toy line product funnily enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom