• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone who’s lucky enough to know certain individuals

My friend. I know you are in a position to provide information on next gen tech and i'm not asking you to reveal things to us.

My question to you is plain and simple.

Have you seen any games coming to the next gen consoles and if so what can you say they look like?

You don't have to post exact screenshots. Maybe a youtube video of a tech demo or something that shows approximately what we can expect.

Its interesting that Sony has previously stated an interest to have the PS5 positioned as a premium product.

CES would be the place to start that messaging.🤔
No.

You're fighting with other tech companies for the spotlight and if you want maximum exposure, you start your own event to reveal the product.
A teaser trailer would do but no blowout.

Lampiao

Wondering if the Oberon leak would be something like:

Gen 0 = PS4 games that haven't had any improvements - Bloodborne
Gen 1 = Games that had improvements on PS4 Pro - God of War
Gen 2 = PS4 games that will have significant improvements in new hardware, such as 60 / 120fps, 4k / 8k textures, visual enhancements, new elements, etc ... from developers who decide to give their games a new look.

In short, the leak is just the BC side.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Alright fine. i will bite. what do you know J -Jay-Rod- ? anything besides sony stealth revealing the ps5?
You;re assuming they know anything.

The only info really floating around is:

1. Leaked AMD data originating from the spring or summer saying PS5 is code name Oberon at 9.2TF. Info taken down

2. A ton of insiders saying the 9.2 TF is old data or fake data, and instead saying anything from "similar in power to SeX", "+/- 10% to SeX", and "a bit more powerful than SeX".

So even among the insiders, they don't even have consensus.

But whats ,going to happen is Sony will eventually reveal the data, DF or some spec site will do a full teardown analysis and say PS5 is xxxTF, and then every insider will say "Yup, that site's spec analysis is correct at xxxTF and I heard that too months ago, but couldn't tell"

And if it happens that the 9.2TF is correct after all despite being claimed as outdated or fake data, they'll say that their sources told them it was 11-12TF and lied.

Just watch.

You guys only accept what you want to accept. You know a lot more than that.

You may not know the TFLOPS but nearly everyone gave the performance range to expect and it doesn't sink in or take.

You know about rumors of 16G of RAM

You know about the SSD and how it'll be used for virtual memory

You know the output and the disc media.

Would ONLY a TFLOP be enough to satisfy you?

Kdad

Also those SSD's as virtual ram will wear out and need to buy changable parts, this is where those Sony patent cartiges come to place, something that you plug into your console Nintendo Red Card style, this will also help them to lower the cost of the console if the specs are crazy (michael patcher 1000$ specs) wich i doubt, now you probably asking who is my dealer 😄 im just venturing a guess here.
That cartridge is external GPU expansion for those sweet external flops....it's how you'll have a 399 and 599 beast mode

*Im just fucking with ya

RasAlGhoul

You guys only accept what you want to accept. You know a lot more than that.

You may not know the TFLOPS but nearly everyone gave the performance range to expect and it doesn't sink in or take.

You know about rumors of 16G of RAM

You know about the SSD and how it'll be used for virtual memory

You know the output and the disc media.

Would ONLY a TFLOP be enough to satisfy you?
People just want to be able to compare their e-penis. Need a number for that.

We’re only one day out now and Sony have been teasing this. It also makes sense to show tech at a tech show.

Has PlayStation been teasing about being at the show? Or has Sony Electronics been teasing?

Last edited:
Had to go through around 10 posts to know what Jay Rod was trying to say in his Twitter post.

Can you 'Guys in the Know' please just say what you mean. Like 'Yeah i knew about the X trailer before the reveal event. Here is my post to prove it'.

Stop with the cryptic messages. It like slapping a ravenous dog with a piece of steak lol

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
This looks pretty nice, about a million times better than that stupid looking dev kit. I like the color too, nice change from the usual black or white.
I wouldn't mind a nice grey system either. The Switch docked with the grey joycons is a nice, minimalist look.

The 2013 Ps meeting teaser video went up January 31st 2013. Three weeks before the meeting. If we don’t get anything at CES, perhaps we can look forward to the end of the month for word on invites and a new teaser for this year’s meeting.

RasAlGhoul

What difference does a TFLOP number make when the real world performance is going to be in the range of a 1080 - 1080Ti? You can put any number on that TFLOP for all I care. If it's going to run like a 1080Ti with games, then you have both an upper and a lower bound right there.

Oh I don’t care. This gen is all about everything else. I’m just stating what other people want. It’s an easy way to compare. Doesn’t require knowledge of how the rest of the machines work.

Can Jay-Rod please be vetted by the mods. I can't take it anymore that potential insiders claiming they know stuff.

So apparently Sony revealing stuff tomorrow regarding PS5.

Mods. Vet this guy please. For my heart, for the community's sake.

Can Jay-Rod please be vetted by the mods. I can't take it anymore that potential insiders claiming they know stuff.

Just try to relax. I have a feeling we’re gonna be getting more and more ppl coming out claiming to know stuff, fake or otherwise in the days and weeks ahead.

Some to troll, others to try and make a name for themselves. Sony knows they have to share something eventually, they can’t wait forever. They’ll show it. Just wait till then.

TLZ

Banned
what if he Is Geoff keighley.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

We're only a day away mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom