• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

xool

On the other hand, we'll see the cooling solution in retail units.
or hear it /jk (no way they make same mistake twice)

Here's a thought, put the exhaust fan on the front of the console, that way I can keep my feet warm in winter .. instawinthenextgeneration

Disco_

With todays Social Media nothing surprises me.

Not saying they will but even if Sony did a PS5 reveal it would be trending world wide in no time.
Right. Look at the Wired article reveals. It's not a gaming mag, just a general tech mag. CES isn't a gaming show, it's a tech show. Broader audience.

Fake

Gold Member
t1578358800z4.png

Dabaus

Banned

Sony needs to cut it out with the aloof, too good/busy to talk to you or show you anything, out of touch, secret mode. Microsoft might be a joke this generation but they have the resources to be competitive and aren’t playing around next gen. It’s time to get their head out of their ass and start talking about next gen. MS is gobbling up a lot of mindshare at the moment.

Do you have one normal hand and one mutated? Or using some retarded claw-gripmode? If not, then symmetrical sticks are superior vs "xbox style"

PS style is perfect, thumbs rest naturally on the sticks and buttons are easy to reach.

Xbox style means you have to change the grip for one hand or keep one thumb in different angle.

I get that some people dislike xbox style because it is unsymmetrical(i dont like it), but there is literally nothing wrong with symmetrical placement.

Few times I have seen someone complaining about it because they grip the controller really weirdly.
I found the opposite to be my case. When I hold the PS4 controller, my thumbs rest naturally on the crosspad and face buttons. I agree that the thumbsticks are easy to reach and I have had no trouble using them.
stock-photo-hand-holding-game-controller-isolated-on-white-background-319531181.jpg

Sony needs to cut it out with the aloof, too good/busy to talk to you or show you anything, out of touch, secret mode. Microsoft might be a joke this generation but they have the resources to be competitive and aren’t playing around next gen. It’s time to get their head out of their ass and start talking about next gen. MS is gobbling up a lot of mindshare at the moment.

Really fucking hate how quite sony has been, meanwhile MS are on full gear

LOL. Really Not sure if serious

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I found the opposite to be my case. When I hold the PS4 controller, my thumbs rest naturally on the crosspad and face buttons. I agree that the thumbsticks are easy to reach and I have had no trouble using them.
stock-photo-hand-holding-game-controller-isolated-on-white-background-319531181.jpg
Most games have player using the LS for moving and the face buttons for functions. So having an Xbox controller layout makes more sense.

For games that use both LS and RS a lot (like a shooting game where LS moves and RS pivots the camera), and gamers use the trigger buttons for the main functions, then ya, I can see the PS layout being more natural.

The most natural feel is what you say and your pic. However, if you make a controller with LS and RS where your pic shows, then trying to push face buttons becomes difficult, especially for games that use combos like fighting games where your thumb can mash two face buttons at once. And not that many types of games use LS/RS in full use at all times like a shooter where it's mandatory.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Can anyone of the insiders please just say something.
You don't have to spill the beans on everything.

Just say something interesting or a clue or riddle or anything really.

I'm refreshing this thread a thousand times a day like a junkie Lmfao
You;re assuming they know anything.

The only info really floating around is:

1. Leaked AMD data originating from the spring or summer saying PS5 is code name Oberon at 9.2TF. Info taken down

2. A ton of insiders saying the 9.2 TF is old data or fake data, and instead saying anything from "similar in power to SeX", "+/- 10% to SeX", and "a bit more powerful than SeX".

So even among the insiders, they don't even have consensus.

But whats ,going to happen is Sony will eventually reveal the data, DF or some spec site will do a full teardown analysis and say PS5 is xxxTF, and then every insider will say "Yup, that site's spec analysis is correct at xxxTF and I heard that too months ago, but couldn't tell"

And if it happens that the 9.2TF is correct after all despite being claimed as outdated or fake data, they'll say that their sources told them it was 11-12TF and lied.

Just watch.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Dusk and dawn are considered as the most important hours of the 24 hours of the day because this is when one can open portals or dimensions to other worlds (physical or spiritual). Dawn sets around 6:00 in the morning.

Dawn - 6am in the morning
Tomorrow's date 07.01.2020

Dawn = 6 am + Date Jan. 7th
6 + 7 = 13
13TF's RDNA2 confirmed
Oh shit. 2pac's really alive!

600Breezy

lmao what a bizarre post

Dusk and dawn are considered as the most important hours of the 24 hours of the day because this is when one can open portals or dimensions to other worlds (physical or spiritual). Dawn sets around 6:00 in the morning.

Dawn - 6am in the morning
Tomorrow's date 07.01.2020

Dawn = 6 am + Date Jan. 7th
6 + 7 = 13
13TF's RDNA2 confirmed

Lol its fake
Really fucking hate how quite sony has been, meanwhile MS are on full gear
This is not high school 🙂

Disco_

I guess is because a prototype. Remember the last wired article mention there is a hole on the center of DS5 prototype, and you can see, replaced by a touchpad I guess?
The hole they were talking about is in the bottom, underneath the speaker grill and ps button. It's for a new new mic/assistant feature. You can see it in the patent drawings.

1645826_000002-d114.jpg

You;re assuming they know anything.

The only info really floating around is:

1. Leaked AMD data originating from the spring or summer saying PS5 is code name Oberon at 9.2TF. Info taken down

2. A ton of insiders saying the 9.2 TF is old data or fake data, and instead saying anything from "similar in power to SeX", "+/- 10% to SeX", and "a bit more powerful than SeX".

So even among the insiders, they don't even have consensus.

But whats ,going to happen is Sony will eventually reveal the data, DF or some spec site will do a full teardown analysis and say PS5 is xxxTF, and then every insider will say "Yup, that site's spec analysis is correct at xxxTF and I heard that too months ago, but couldn't tell"

And if it happens that the 9.2TF is correct after all despite being claimed as outdated or fake data, they'll say that their sources told them it was 11-12TF and lied.

Just watch.
Yep. And then if the PS5 is 9.2tflops they can say their contact gave them the GCN Tflops, and so they got the numbers mixed up, or they will say MS upped their specs at the last minute and were trying to trick Sony with a weaker initial dev kit.
London to a brick.

• LOL
Reactions: Dim
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom