• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
to be fair there is lots of motion blur on that game.its a decent game but it has been way surpassed these days by other games
Graphically I'd say no racer has surpassed Driveclub. It has a few flaws but overall it's still the best. I'm not alone in thinking this. Look at most Driveclub videos and you'll see things like "Still the best graphics in 2019"

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Graphically I'd say no racer has surpassed Driveclub. It has a few flaws but overall it's still the best. I'm not alone in thinking this. Look at most Driveclub videos and you'll see things like "Still the best graphics in 2019"
I have the game, yes its a good looking game but it has been surpassed. it looks amazing in the wet but in the dry not so good. Some tracks look great and others not so great. it still plays well though

Hobbygaming

I have the game, yes its a good looking game but it has been surpassed. it looks amazing in the wet but in the dry not so good. Some tracks look great and others not so great. it still plays well though
I have Driveclub, Forza Horizon 3 and I played hours of Forza Horizon 4 before dropping it. Driveclub still wins visually

l2ounD

nf2czd4f14g41.png

p80y8tjt3yf41.jpg

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

Personally I don’t think it does. Forza horizon 4 is currantly the best looking arcade racer for me and considering it’s open world it’s even more impressive
Would you say Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Horizon 4 look somewhat similar graphically?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Ok now which game looks better in this video FH3 or Driveclub?

To me Forza, look at the reflections on Driveclub and how pixilated they are.when you see the video drive under the first bridge and when its on Bonnet view. also the video compares a overcast day on Driveclub with a bright sunny day on Forza. I personally prefer Forza, as I said I don't think Driveclub is bad but graphically Forza is my preference

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

To me Forza, look at the reflections on Driveclub and how pixilated they are.when you see the video drive under the first bridge and when its on Bonnet view. also the video compares a overcast day on Driveclub with a bright sunny day on Forza. I personally prefer Forza, as I said I don't think Driveclub is bad but graphically Forza is my preference
😂 Ok that's all I need to know for my analysis

Hobbygaming

So what makes you think driveclub looks better?
The lighting, car models, weather, visual damage, but mainly the natural lighting it looks the most realistic

I just think people here love Forza Horizon so much that they can't let any racer have an edge in any particular area. I used to do the same thing for FH3 I loved that game

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

Wait...Horizon 3 and Forza 6?

Couldn't find a Driveclub/Horizon 4/Forza 7 comparison video?
There's a few that I might have posted already but FH3 and FH4 have a lot in common. They should though since the engine is never scrapped and is more iterative

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Looks great, Driveclub still has the edge
The only things that DC do better is rain, reflections and GI from the player headlights. Other than that i didn't see anyhting better than in Forza Horizon 4, and i say that as someone who likes DC ( still play it every week :) ). But that doesn' t mean that the other things are bad in DC, its car model is solid, the trees look nice and indeed the ligthing has its moments when the dynamic range is there. But Forza has much higher draw distance, overal better shadows, more natural lighting ( captured from the real thing), better car models, better textures, much more detailed environment, full environment GI, better car shaders for the most part, better snow, real deformation for sand, mud and snow, more detailed driver and 4 seasons on the whole map that changes everything from color to lighting. But still, DC is looker thats for sure.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
The only things that DC do better is rain, reflections and GI from the player headlights. Other than that i didn't see anyhting better than in Forza Horizon 4, and i say that as someone who likes DC ( still play it every week :) ). But that doesn' t mean that the other things are bad in DC, its car model is solid, the trees look nice and indeed the ligthing has its moments when the dynamic range is there. But Forza has much higher draw distance, overal better shadows, more natural lighting ( captured from the real thing), better car models, better textures, much more detailed environment, full environment GI, better car shaders for the most part, better snow, real deformation for sand, mud and snow, more detailed driver and 4 seasons on the whole map that changes everything from color to lighting. But still, DC is looker thats for sure.
That’s the thing ain’t it, we have been blessed with some ridiculously good looking driving games this gen. we are not picking what is best and I have my personal faves like forza horizon 4 but that doesn’t mean I can’t see how good driveclub is.

FukuDaruma

Its EA, they probably ran the numbers and concluded not enough people play in cockpit then layed off a few employees/contractors

Yeah, I know. EA sucks balls. I was honestly very pleasantly surprised how Microsoft/Playground implemented not only cockpit but dashboard camera for steering wheel users, removing the in-game wheel and drivers arms dynamically.
That should be fucking MANDATORY for all games.

Hobbygaming

More natural lighting and better car shaders than Driveclub?? I'm in disbelief of this thread lol

Great Hair

Banned
Mindblowing gfx

I guess the people living in that village have to walk, commute on the roads among the cars ... having no sidewalk at all ;=)

Sorry but that looks visually bland. DriveClub has better tracks, visuals than that. I´ve yet to visit a village up in the mountains, hills that have a wide ass two lane road leading up to it.

And imagine racing in Japan on the highway (like in tokyo xtreme zero) and your buddy is listing to that shitty track. Just no! The game tried to hard to be "realistic", yet failed to deliver "visceral gameplay" and sound plays a huge part in it. Bet without any music track the game "plays better".

#FUGENKI

ethomaz

Banned
I wish the VR version of the game wasn't so cut down, one vs one gets a bit tedious after a bit. same they couldn't of upped it to maybe 5 or something. wipeout manages it well
VR was basically a demo added after the game was finished.
The game was never supposed to have a VR mode.
I hope they added it to all modes with GTS 2 for PS5.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
And yet wipeout has it added to the full game. It is doable.
Completely different games... Wipeout doesn’t have 1/100 of details and physics of GTS.
Doable is in any game.
GTS was not supposed to have VR... so they just added that mode as a demo or bonus.
What your point?

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Completely different games... Wipeout doesn’t have 1/100 of details and physics of GTS.
Doable is in any game.
GTS was not supposed to have VR... so they just added that mode as a demo or bonus.
What your point?
Is that for VR to succeed in this area they need to make the full game playable rather than a Demo as you say

Top Bottom