• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 5 available as of now, starting at $349

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeutlal

Verizon folks, you can just buy the LG G2, its the same hardware as Nexus 5 with a larger battery, Verizon bloatware, ugly skinned LG OS AMD only $200 more.

Verizon folks, you can just buy the LG G2, its the same hardware as Nexus 5 with a larger battery, Verizon bloatware, ugly skinned LG OS AMD only $200 more.

G2 has a better battery. Probably alot better. That's about all that's going for it.

^ Hope he ends up having to take a loss on them lol.

linkboy

With a service like StraightTalk, how does it handle tethering or mobile hotspots on Nexus devices? I don't intend to use it regularly but sometimes if I'm away from wifi but have service it comes in handy.

Tethering is against Straight Talk's TOS, so you're at your own risk if you do.

Minor use might not get noticed, but heavy use most definitely will.

tirminyl

I got GN. Now considering nexus 5 or ps4...

Why not both?

I pulled the trigger on a 32gb black model despite having a PS4 and two games pre-ordered and a DS4 sitting on my desk, lol. Now I just need to decide on a case.

That sounded really convincing.

Tethering is against Straight Talk's TOS, so you're at your own risk if you do.

Minor use might not get noticed, but heavy use most definitely will.
Yeah I was reading through the TOS and saw it there. Just wondering about any anecdotal experiences.

Never understood why if the phone hardware supports it, carriers can dictate tethering if you're not going over your data or in the case of unlimited* getting throttled over 2.5GB anyway.

GECK

32gb black sniped. Shipping nov 8 though :(

Can anyone recommend a Tmobile plan? Won't be using that many minutes just a shitload of data.

mturco

@joshuatopolsky said:
Having spent a little more time with Nexus 5 camera… it might not be terrible. It might be good.
This is why Anandtech is the only tech review site you can trust.

mturco

God, what an ass.
I don't think they're intentionally anti-Android or anything, but they definitely don't do their homework before they make blanket statements about things like camera quality and smoothness. They really just don't know what they're talking about and it's night and day when you read a 10 page Anandtech review.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I like how he was talking about the stinger on his bumble bee costume, and how it shows his masculine side.

I got to the pocket demonstration then had to close it. That was painful. But the stinger bit was slightly amusing

Wag

Weekend? Mine has a ship date of the 8th. Be lucky if it ships by then though. Hopefully I'll have it in a couple of weeks.

ScRYeD

Weekend? Mine has a ship date of the 8th. Be lucky if it ships by then though. Hopefully I'll have it in a couple of weeks.
Just ordered one myself, says ships on the 8th so about 2 weeks till I get mine. Had one hell of a time using the play stores order form. Since i had to update some of my details, it is just not made for my cracked to hell smart phone.

tylerf

Aww yeah just got my shipping confirmation email. My order time was 11:03:09 PDT for anyone interested.

RGM79

Anyone on west cost of Canada get shipping confirmation? I'm in Vancouver and I ordered at 11:07AM, nothing so far.

Chris R

Shipped!

Of course I shipped it to my work instead of my house so I know I'd get it the day it arrives, so Monday it is, unless UPS's elves work overtime to get my precious from Cali to KY to AK.

hitsugi

I ordered at 11:01 and paid for 2 day shipping.. Still nothing. I doubt the shipping method has to do with when it goes out. Just luck of the draw it seems.....

Although I have a feeling order quantity also has to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom